The Madrid One
Le Samourai
Ganso
Zealous
StrugaRock
33 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Magricos Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Di Maria would start because Bastos was on the left.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by StrugaRock Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Great performance by all of our players, nothing negative to speak of this match, hope we continue like this.

Still unbeaten and yet to concede a goal so far.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Good game by our standard.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Ronaldo and Benzema combined for 16 shots between them against Lyon for only one goal :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Crimson wrote:Ronaldo and Benzema combined for 16 shots between them against Lyon for only one goal :facepalm:

how many were benz and how many ronaldo?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Crimson wrote:Ronaldo and Benzema combined for 16 shots between them against Lyon for only one goal :facepalm:

And you my friend need to get yourself together... we win 4-0 in CL and look great in the process and somehow there's whining by some Higuain fanboys. I, at least, gave props to Higuain for his great play. Benzema played very well tonight and so did CR7 as they both played a role in every goal while they were on the pitch. It's about the team scoring, not individuals... and we score just as much with Higuain and Benzema.

We have 2 young WC strikers and there will always be controversy when one doesn't start. Personally, if they go 50/50 on the starts, i'm satisfied with some instances where they play together. Both will be fresh to end the season and we won't lose one because of being unhappy.

If Mou uses his whole squad like he seems to now = very good times.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:

And you my friend need to get yourself together... we win 4-0 in CL and look great in the process and somehow there's whining by some Higuain fanboys. I, at least, gave props to Higuain for his great play. Benzema played very well tonight and so did CR7 as they both played a role in every goal while they were on the pitch. It's about the team scoring, not individuals... and we score just as much with Higuain and Benzema.

We have 2 young WC strikers and there will always be controversy when one doesn't start. Personally, if they go 50/50 on the starts, i'm satisfied with some instances where they play together. Both will be fresh to end the season and we won't lose one because of being unhappy.

+1..Always happy to see other guys get some playing time for themselves too. I too dont understand the whining, we had a superb game, nothing else matters.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:

We utterly dominated the game and we should of won by much much more

Benzema had a decent game not an overally good one, but decent enough. Although he should of done much better imo considering how much of the ball we had....

Ozil was pretty poor for his usual excellent standards although he did come deep very well and helped alot in the overall possession play, Apart from hussling the ball well Di Maria didn't do anything of note and Ronaldo was way off his game today.

The problem I have is that Benzema has played alot more than Higuain already it's no where near 50/50 at all and when one is on form he should start no matter what.

16 shots with only 3 on target is utter fail from our two goal getters.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I agree completely, if they play together as well each one can get at least 30 starts and another 10-15 sub appearances in all competitons. Injuries and form happens too. Thats pretty satisfactory IMO.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:

bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy bounce Very Happy

and still some posters complain!!!!! I thought Kaka looked best so far this year and Higgy certainly looked capable and came close. If it had of been reverse, him starting he also would have had goal. As stated before this is a team win, Mou is using full squad, they looked great and yet there is a lot more in tank. What is there to complain about?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Oh please Crimson... everyone but you thought both Benzema and CR7 played very well. Not their best ever obviously; but very effective. Everyone on the team contributed.

I think Benz and Higuain should take turns starting and have a 3 man rotation between Kaka/Ozil/Di Maria for 2 spots. We should also rotate Alonso/Khedira/Coentrao for 2 spots.

It's the perfect scenario to be completely fresh and in form throughout the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 pm

CR7 was a little of for him but he was effective Benz as well. Di Maria ...... although we dominated I don't expect an 8-0 victory and I really don't have any complaints

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Btw, according to UEFA.com, here are the stats for our strikers:

CR7
1 shot on target
4 shots off target
5 total shots
1 assist

Benzema
2 shots on target
2 shots off target
4 total shots
1 goal
1 assist

The 16 shots was a total for the team.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007607/postmatch/statistics/index.html

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm

lol so much for 16 shots.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw, according to UEFA.com, here are the stats for our strikers:

CR7
1 shot on target
4 shots off target
5 total shots
1 assist

Benzema
2 shots on target
2 shots off target
4 total shots
1 goal
1 assist

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007607/postmatch/statistics/index.html

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast/statistics?id=331241&cc=3436

6 for Benzema and 10 for Ronaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 pm

keep in mind the ref robbed cr7 a goal and benz his 2nd.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh please Crimson... everyone but you thought both Benzema and CR7 played very well. Not their best ever obviously; but very effective. Everyone on the team contributed.

I think Benz and Higuain should take turns starting and have a 3 man rotation between Kaka/Ozil/Di Maria for 2 spots. We should also rotate Alonso/Khedira/Coentrao for 2 spots.

It's the perfect scenario to be completely fresh and in form throughout the season.

I agree with the suggested rotations, but I would suggest a little more as well: Ramos, Carvalho and Varane for CB (that also gets Arbeloa some starts) and add Sahin (hopefully in another month) to the MF spots. That would leave just Adan, Albiol, Altintop, Granero and Callejon not in start rotations, but obviously available as subs and Copa action. That to me is using the entire roster.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Couldn't be happier with the result. You have no idea how satisfying it is to really batter Lyon after all these years.

Kinda bummed that Pipita's momentum was cut short by starting Benzema but Karim played well so it's all good. Godzalo will get his shot at the glory games sooner or later Afro

Anyway the team is looking awesome and I can't wait till we thrash Lyon in Gerland (finally). Cool
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:23 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Oh please Crimson... everyone but you thought both Benzema and CR7 played very well. Not their best ever obviously; but very effective. Everyone on the team contributed.

I agree with the suggested rotations, but I would suggest a little more as well: Ramos, Carvalho and Varane for CB (that also gets Arbeloa some starts) and add Sahin (hopefully in another month) to the MF spots. That would leave just Adan, Albiol, Altintop, Granero and Callejon not in start rotations, but obviously available as subs and Copa action. That to me is using the entire roster.

We dont need fixed rotation plans, this thing just happens naturally throughout the season. Obviously some players like Kaka and Higuain will get to play more often and replace mostly Benzema and Di Maria. But the rotation happens all around, depending on injury, form, tiredness as well. I dont see why Callejon and the rest cant get a few games once in a while too lol. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Btw, according to UEFA.com, here are the stats for our strikers:

CR7
1 shot on target
4 shots off target
5 total shots
1 assist

Benzema
2 shots on target
2 shots off target
4 total shots
1 goal
1 assist

Soccernet is off. Official stats for CL is kept by UEFA. No idea where they got their numbers from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

CR7
1 shot on target
4 shots off target
5 total shots
1 assist

Benzema
2 shots on target
2 shots off target
4 total shots
1 goal
1 assist

Soccernet is off. Official stats for CL is kept by UEFA. No idea where they got their numbers from.

Really?

Lets go through it then

87' Attempt missed. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the right. Assisted by Kaká.

70' Attempt blocked. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Marcelo.

54' Attempt blocked. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Sami Khedira.

51' Attempt missed. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) left footed shot from the left side of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Sami Khedira.

49' Attempt missed. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) header from the right side of the six yard box is high and wide to the right. Assisted by Pepe with a cross.

42' Attempt missed. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Mesut Özil.

38' Attempt missed. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) header from the left side of the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Ángel Di María.

28' Attempt saved. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Cristiano Ronaldo.

27' Attempt missed. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) left footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Marcelo with a through ball.

23' Attempt missed. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) right footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Marcelo.

19' Goal! Real Madrid 1, Lyon 0. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Cristiano Ronaldo with a headed pass following a corner.

19' Attempt blocked. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) right footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Karim Benzema with a headed pass.

14' Attempt blocked. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) header from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Ángel Di María.

12' Attempt blocked. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

8' Attempt missed. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) left footed shot from the left side of the box misses to the right. Assisted by Sami Khedira with a cross.

7' Attempt saved. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Marcelo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 am

Dude... You can say what you want, but official stats for Europa and CL are kept by UEFA. They decide what counts as a shot, a pass, etc. The link to the official match stats are posted above. Unless UEFA changes the stats, that's what it is.

Realmadrid.com will pick up the UEFA stats as well. It will be updated tomorrow or the day after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 am

sportsczy wrote:Dude... You can say what you want, but official stats for Europa and CL are kept by UEFA. They decide what counts as a shot, a pass, etc. The link to the official match stats are posted above. Unless UEFA changes the stats, that's what it is.

Realmadrid.com will pick up the UEFA stats as well. It will be updated tomorrow or the day after.

Real Madrid is done by Opta not by UEFA lmao

and Opta is posting the same as ESPN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 am

oh fyi whoscored.com a separate statistics site is reporting the same as Opta and ESPN

I can do this all day lol

Last edited by Crimson on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 am

At least for Benz, your play-by-play does sound right though. He was 1 for 6. No idea on cr7. Wonder if UEFA is off for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 am

UEFA does have a history of being half assed about these things.

I'd go with Opta they're more reliable anyway.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next