El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 8 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by Winter is Coming on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Thierry Henry has urged former Barcelona team-mate Xavi to stay with the club until he retires from football.

Xavi has spent his entire professional career at Camp Nou and made his 700th appearance for the Catalan club in Thursday's Copa del Rey win over Getafe.

However, the Spain midfielder, whose contract expires in June 2016, has been linked with a move to MLS franchise New York Red Bulls, who Henry joined from Barca in 2010.

However, Henry believes the 33-year-old would be best served by spending the remainder of his playing days at Barca.

"Xavi can do whatever he wants," Henry said at a promotional event for Puma in Barcelona on Friday.

"For me, given everything he has done for football and Barcelona, he should stay there and spend the rest of his life at Barca.

"Xavi can play in the MLS, in France, England, or in my neighbourhood. I think he's an incredible player. People just don't realise what Xavi has done on the pitch."

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 8 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by jugster on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 am

Henry on Xavi - On legend on another - He deserves to stay at Barça for life & become manager.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 am

Today is his 34th birthday.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Tata and Xavi agreed to limit his minutes this season..

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:14 pm

The Spain international has stressed that the 45-year-old's health problems only served to motivate the Catalans to give their all in the face of adversity
Barcelona midfielder Xavi has insisted that Tito Vilanova's illness brought the Blaugrana even closer together as they won the Liga title with a historic tally of 100 points in 2013.

Vilanova suffered a cancer relapse that kept him away from the Barca bench for large parts of the 2012-13 campaign, before eventually stepping down altogether at the end of the season.

However, Xavi still saw plenty of positives last year, too.

"Looking back, 2013 was a very good year. We came up short in the Copa del Rey and Champions League semi-finals against Real Madrid and Bayern, but it was an amazing feat to win the league the way we did, considering the circumstances surrounding Tito Vilanova’s illness," Xavi told Fifa.com.

"I think that brought the squad even closer together, inspiring us to go on to win the title with a historic tally of 100 points.

"All in all, it was a great year, particularly overcoming adversity to win the league title against the backdrop of the Tito situation. That was an incredible achievement."

Vilanova was eventually replaced by Gerardo Martino at the start of the 2013-14 campaign.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:06 am

Xavi has claimed that Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi is the "greatest player of all time".

The Argentine finished second to Cristiano Ronaldo in the battle for last year's Ballon d'Or, after suffering an injury-hit 2013.

However, when Xavi was asked to name the finest player he has ever shared a pitch with, the World Cup winner offered an unequivocal reply.

"When it comes to striking up an understanding and enjoying your football, you always want to play alongside the very best," the midfielder mused in an interview with Fifa's official website.

"But, in my view, Messi is the greatest player of all time. He’s the best there is."

Meanwhile, Xavi was keen to clarify recent comments he made about the possibility of him finishing his career somewhere other than Camp Nou.

"What I said was more about how demanding it is [at Barca], rather than not wanting to [retire in Catalunya]," he explained.

"On the contrary, I’d love to hang up my boots at Barcelona and stay involved with the club, which I think is the best in the world, for many years. I’ve felt that way since I was a boy and still feel the same today.

"I’d like to still be at Barcelona when I retire, but I know how demanding it is. That’s why I said it’s not my decision: to retire here I’ll have to keep performing at the highest level.

"Let’s hope I can do it, it’s my biggest dream."

Xavi admitted that he is also hoping that Barca can re-establish themselves as the best team in Europe this season, though he is well aware that last season's treble winners, Bayern Munich, are the obvious favourites to win the 2013-14 Champions League.

"But that’s where it comes down to other teams to try and stop them," he mused. "One of them being Barcelona, for example, right?

"I think that we’re still capable of big things in La Liga and in Europe, though clearly Bayern are very strong.

"Last year they won practically everything and this year they’re still on course [to do so again]. They have to be considered among the real favorites to win the Champions League again."

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:45 pm

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 8 BfyystgCUAEJL_v

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Should add his 2 Euros and the WC to his honours Smile What a legend!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Xavi turning into Paul Scholes in his twilight years. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 am

@Xavi wrote:The 34-year-old has revealed that he feels physically better now than at any previous point in his career and also admitted that he intends to stay in the game when he does quit

Barcelona ace Xavi says that he is in best shape of his life and is therefore not even entertaining the idea of hanging up his boots right now.

The Spain midfielder turned 34 in January but insists that while he he does not see himself still being involved in international football when the 2018 World Cup rolls around, retirement is currently the last thing on his mind.

"I am physically well," he told So Foot. "I feel even better than the previous two seasons.

"Honestly, this is the first time in my career that I have felt so good. I'm more mature and much better physically."

Consequently, Xavi has given little thought to what he will do with himself when he does eventually decide to call time on his illustrious playing career.

"What I know is that I love football and I intend to stay in this world," the World Cup winner stated.

"In any case, I would not know where to look [for a job] in an office. What do you want me to do - economics?

"Social and political debates are too complicated for me. What I like is football."

When he does retire, Xavi will leave behind an incredible legacy, given he has been a key component in the Spain and Barcelona sides that have dominated world football and international and club level for varying periods of time.

Consequently, some pundits feel that he will go down as his country's greatest ever player - but the man himself is embarrassed by such talk.

"There are many other players," he argued. "Why shouldn't [Iker] Casillas be considered the best Spanish player of all time? He has virtually the same titles as I do.

"There's also [Carles] Puyol, [Sergio] Ramos, [David] Villa, Raul ... And [Fernando] Hierro, [Pep] Guardiola, Luis Suarez, [Alfredo] Di Stefano ...

"But just the fact that I'm cited in this debate is an honour."

Xavi humbly added that two coaches in particular have played a key role in the successes he has enjoyed as a player.

"[Pep Guardiola] will always be an important person in my life," he confessed. "He was when I was a kid, and he was when he coached me [at Barcelona].

"I've liked working with all the coaches I've had but if I had to highlight two, it would be Pep and [former Spain boss Luis] Aragones. They have been very important."

The humble Xavi :bow: Better then all of them only one to compete with is Iniesta.

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am

Fuk that is good to know, I really hope that is truth hes saying. We would have him at his best for some time to come  banana banana banana 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 pm

@Winter is Coming wrote:
@Xavi wrote:The 34-year-old has revealed that he feels physically better now than at any previous point in his career and also admitted that he intends to stay in the game when he does quit

Barcelona ace Xavi says that he is in best shape of his life and is therefore not even entertaining the idea of hanging up his boots right now.

The Spain midfielder turned 34 in January but insists that while he he does not see himself still being involved in international football when the 2018 World Cup rolls around, retirement is currently the last thing on his mind.

"I am physically well," he told So Foot. "I feel even better than the previous two seasons.

"Honestly, this is the first time in my career that I have felt so good. I'm more mature and much better physically."

Consequently, Xavi has given little thought to what he will do with himself when he does eventually decide to call time on his illustrious playing career.

"What I know is that I love football and I intend to stay in this world," the World Cup winner stated.

"In any case, I would not know where to look [for a job] in an office. What do you want me to do - economics?

"Social and political debates are too complicated for me. What I like is football."

When he does retire, Xavi will leave behind an incredible legacy, given he has been a key component in the Spain and Barcelona sides that have dominated world football and international and club level for varying periods of time.

Consequently, some pundits feel that he will go down as his country's greatest ever player - but the man himself is embarrassed by such talk.

"There are many other players," he argued. "Why shouldn't [Iker] Casillas be considered the best Spanish player of all time? He has virtually the same titles as I do.

"There's also [Carles] Puyol, [Sergio] Ramos, [David] Villa, Raul ... And [Fernando] Hierro, [Pep] Guardiola, Luis Suarez, [Alfredo] Di Stefano ...

"But just the fact that I'm cited in this debate is an honour."

Xavi humbly added that two coaches in particular have played a key role in the successes he has enjoyed as a player.

"[Pep Guardiola] will always be an important person in my life," he confessed. "He was when I was a kid, and he was when he coached me [at Barcelona].

"I've liked working with all the coaches I've had but if I had to highlight two, it would be Pep and [former Spain boss Luis] Aragones. They have been very important."

The humble Xavi :bow:Better then all of them only one to compete with is Iniesta.

Raul is in that list, how can you say that Xavi is better then all of them ?

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 8 Nail-biting-gif-7

This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:10 am

Raul? Laughing The man that as soon as he was no longer called up to the NT they went from being NT underperformers to absolute winners of everything? Laughing

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:49 am

The only two persons who can come close to Xavi for spanish NT are Iniesta and Casilas. Hell! Even Puyol is more of a legend than Raul.

Raul was special player, but his contribution to the NT comes no where near to the ones I mentioned. I know it will hurt many RM fans, but the spanish NT made of Barca backbone are going to go in the history as the biggest ever, not just in Spain in the world too. Which team made a WC sandwich using continental cup for bread?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:41 am

@Valkyrja wrote:
Raul is in that list, how can you say that Xavi is better then all of them ?

You trolling there, no??

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:32 am

@Valkyrja wrote:Raul is in that list, how can you say that Xavi is better then all of them ?

1 WC, 2 Euros and 3 CL and most successfully Spanish international ever says otherwise and had it not been for Messi/CR, or Ballon D'or criteria had remained the same instead of changing he should've had a Ballon D'or.

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 am

Villa will go down in Spains history in a higher ranking then Raul...

my list in in no particular order

Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas, Puyol, Xabi Alonso, David Villa.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:05 am

@Donuts wrote:Villa will go down in Spains history in a higher ranking then Raul...

my list in in no particular order

Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas, Puyol, Xabi Alonso, David Villa.

what list you made there that include Xabi Alonso and for what reason exactly.....
this look too small to be written with other names in same line...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:06 am

IMO

1- Xavi
2- Iniesta
3- Casillas

#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Casillas is overrated. It's the Barca core that carried and carries Spain as you can see when you look at Mehdrid's trophy haul and the amount of goals Casillas conceded in recent years and Barca's trophy haul and the amount of goals Barca conceded. From Euro 2012:

Shots conceded per game:

Netherlands: 14.3
Italy: 13.3
Germany: 11.2
Spain: 8.3

Casillas. Laughing The Valdes of international futbol. Laughing

It goes like this:

Xavi
Iniesta
del Bosque
Villa
Busquets
Puyol
the physios
Pepe Reina for being the dressing room clown
Dani Jarque for inspiring Iniesta's WC final goal
>>maybe here some random Mehdridista<<

Deal with it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Casillas performance on the WC final alone already merits him a top 3 mention
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:05 pm

@Ganso wrote:Casillas performance on the WC final alone already merits him a top 3 mention

What performance? Robben's chokejob? Pls go.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Fußball wrote:Casillas is overrated. It's the Barca core that carried and carries Spain as you can see when you look at Mehdrid's trophy haul and the amount of goals Casillas conceded in recent years and Barca's trophy haul and the amount of goals Barca conceded. From Euro 2012:

Shots conceded per game:

Netherlands: 14.3
Italy: 13.3
Germany: 11.2
Spain: 8.3

Casillas. :lol:The Valdes of international futbol. Laughing

It goes like this:

Xavi
Iniesta
del Bosque
Villa
Busquets
Puyol
the physios
Pepe Reina for being the dressing room clown
Dani Jarque for inspiring Iniesta's WC final goal
>>maybe here some random Mehdridista<<

Deal with it.

Busquets ? Puyol ?  Laughing 
VDB ?  Laughing Aragones was way more important than old Del Bosque.
Raul played in an era when he was their only great player. He was basically their only hope.

This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 pm

and won nothing.
20 years from now, people will say wow Villa is Spains top scorer
wow VDB was the coach for the world cup and 2012 euro's
Puyol was also the starting centerback for all those competitions minus 2012.

Raul will only really be remembered as a Madrid legend, and even then he is getting overshadowed.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:07 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:Busquets ? Puyol ?  Laughing 
VDB ?  Laughing Aragones was way more important than old Del Bosque.
Raul played in an era when he was their only great player. He was basically their only hope.

Only great player? Only hope? He played with Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Torres, Senna, Puyol, Casillas,  Capdevila, Morientes, Reyes, Alonso,  etc. Clearly all were scrubs yet they went on to win without him.

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm

That guys were in 2006 ffs, when a 34 y.o Zidane dominated Xavi and Xabi in the quarters. Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta were nowhere near at the level they were in 2008 and afterwards. They were pretty average. Also, take a look at the players he played with in 2004, 2002 and 2000.

This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum