jibers
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
alexjanosik
Khaled
54 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 12 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Agreed on that pass, that was incredible.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 12 Empty Re: El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:04 am

Well, it was about time he did something other than pas sideways this season, and obviously Rayo's suicidal tactics helped him a lot. He can't play any other than in this games against fodder suicidal teams.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 pm

I can pull up some of his other passes(from other games) this season.He has passed as progressively as any of our midfielders this season.Certainly better than the likes of Rakitic,Iniesta and Rafinha.Not claiming that he has played better than them but he has certainly passed better than them.
Anyway my point was not even about this game or that game.Was making an overall observation that his passing is simply on another level to anyone else.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:30 am

he is a good bench player.
when rested for games he is useful but nothing else.
he is not the same as he was before, rakitic has been and will be our consistent starter for the next couple of years.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:32 am

alexjanosik wrote:I can pull up some of his other passes(from other games) this season.He has passed as progressively as any of our midfielders this season.Certainly better than the likes of Rakitic,Iniesta and Rafinha.Not claiming that he has played better than them but he has certainly passed better than them.
Anyway my point was not even about this game or that game.Was making an overall observation that his passing is simply on another level to anyone else.

He will always be a great passer, even at 50 years.
But he can't keep the rythm and as a result his vision is 50% of what it was. Not to mention his inexistence in defence.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Xavi played a role in getting Enrique and Messi on terms according to Hunter lol

Xavi to Enrique,

"Xavi, as captain, intervened. Xavi brought the two sides together and said to Luis Enrique 'give him some slack. He's special and we need him. You're the boss, you need to lead. But rather than fining him or dropping him, what we need here is a rapprochement,'"

Xavi to Messi,

"He then went to Messi and said 'listen, I'm here as captain. This isn't the way to do it. The manager has the right to choose who he wants'. There was a getting together.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:58 am

Messi's response:

El Maestro: Xavier Hernández Creus - Page 12 Cb1560bb4aeed64a27beff7c5914c3d728fc9eb3935445bd1688334285737c81
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 am

rofl rofl rofl rofl roflrofl rofl

GEM
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez is poised to sign a three-year contract with Qatari club Al Sadd, according to reports in Spain.

The Spain playmaker will join Al Sadd at the end of the season and replace former Real Madrid star Raul in the side, according to AS.

Xavi, 35, is set to receive a salary of €10 million and will study for his coaching licences during his time in Qatar at the Aspire Academy, the reports say.

Xavi had considered other options including proposals from Major League Soccer, AS said, but finally was swayed by the Al Sadd offer, which will see him earn an extra €10 million should he complete a fourth term.

New York City FC coach Jason Kreis called Xavi "one of the best players in the world" during a news conference last week, but admitted he was unsure how he would fit in with the club if they were to make him an offer.

The Aspire Academy is headed by general director Ivan Bravo, the former director of Real Madrid.

Sauce : http://www.espnfc.us/story/2367124/barcelonas-xavi-hernandez-to-sign-3-year-deal-with-al-sadd-say-reports
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Honestly was hoping he would leave at the end of the season, take a year or whatever working on getting his coaching license, and then go straight to coaching the B team to get some experience or something.

Instead it looks like he is going to work on getting his license, and play for at least 3 years with an option for a fourth. Seems so far away before he could potentially return to coach us.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Agreed. I was hoping if he was going to take several years he would go to MLS, but that doesn't seem the case either.

Can't blame him for wanting one last payday, while learning to coach. He will inevitably become Barca manager someday
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 pm

He has to go for the Arab money while he can. Happy to hear he will begin coaching.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 am

may be its arab money, but its also difficult for players like him who loved it so much to suddenly stop playing. he needs to adjust to life without pro football slowly.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Is it confirmed that he is leaving?GOD help us if so.Our midfield is pathetic and we cant sign anyone.Fraudrique must convince Xavi to stay on one more season.
Two games in a row,we have been owned in midfield only for Xavi to come on and restore control.All these years,people complained about him only doing useless sideways passes. Well we have seen this season how much his useless sideways passes added to the side.Without them sideways passes,we are getting owned in midfield.
The greatest midfielder of all time.The game has seen the likes of Didi,Netzer,Gerson,Overath,Mathaus,Falcao,Zidane, Scholes,Pirlo etc.
Xavi sits at the top of the food chain.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Somehow I don't see Xavi being a successful manager. I don't know, just something about his character.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Is it confirmed that he is leaving?GOD help us if so.Our midfield is pathetic and we cant sign anyone.Fraudrique must convince Xavi to stay on one more season.
Two games in a row,we have been owned in midfield only for Xavi to come on and restore control.All these years,people complained about him only doing useless sideways passes. Well we have seen this season how much his useless sideways passes added to the side.Without them sideways passes,we are getting owned in midfield.
The greatest midfielder of all time.The game has seen the likes of Didi,Netzer,Gerson,Overath,Mathaus,Falcao,Zidane, Scholes,Pirlo etc.

He is one of the best ever for sure but I can't say he is clearly the best. Based on his exploits in the 2 WCs and Euros, Zidane will always be greater to the general football populace. Best controller I have ever seen by a long distance.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Xavi and Zidane are two very different players. Both played the midfield but to sit here and argue which is better doesn't make allot of sense to me.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:20 pm

windkick wrote:Xavi and Zidane are two very different players. Both played the midfield but to sit here and argue which is better doesn't make allot of sense to me.

That's why I said greatness. Greatness is by popularity tbh. We can't sit here and say who is the best objectively because they played in different systems and different roles against different players. What I can say with full confidence is that no midfielder has ever dominated games the level Xavi has from 2009 to 2012. It was unprecedented. I've never seen anyone as consistent.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:13 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Is it confirmed that he is leaving?GOD help us if so.Our midfield is pathetic and we cant sign anyone.Fraudrique must convince Xavi to stay on one more season.

It's not confirmed yet.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:30 am

To say Xavi is the greatest midfielder ever is crazy.

He is great and will be remembered as one of the greats, but just like Pele v Maradonna, it is impossible to conclude he is above the rest.

I won't be surprised to see him leave, he doesn't have to stay and if he feels he can make some easy money in the middle east, why not? Just be greatful he isn't planning on joining someone like Atleti, on loan Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:35 am

Agreed with all points Kick said.

Wish him well if he leaves
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:40 pm

That touch and control when he came on. :bow:
My respect for him has gone up even more at the way he has taken the late subs.
He is an all time great and the greatest midfielder of all time.Plus he is a terrific competitor as well.For the nth time this season,he was brought on as a late sub to close out the game.This time in the 87th minute.Any other player with his CV would probably throw a strop.
And yet,the consummate pro and great teammate that he is, has taken it in his stride.
A champion player with a champion mentality.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:24 pm

You guys can say what you like but I believe he's the greatest midfielder ever.

And agreed with Alex :bow:

My love for Xavi is Pep-like. Or is my love for Pep Xavi-like? I'm not sure. Either way, I love them both
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 12:46 pm

His footballing role models: "As a youngster, the player I looked up to was Bernd Schuster. When I got put in central midfield, I used to watch him play and I'd be transfixed. Later I began to model myself on Pep: the way he'd play one-touch passes, how he'd accelerate, the way he'd slow things down, how he shaped himself to receive the ball, looking around in every direction first".

Grounds: "The Camp Nou is the best stadium in the world. It seems bigger than it really is. The Bernabéu is also a great place to play, after the Camp Nou. And 'La Catedral', San Mamés, both the old one and the new one".

The match he remembers most fondly: "The pinnacle, the crowning game, was the 5-0 against Real Madrid. Nothing compares, although the 6-2 away was also amazing. What football, what dominance. We had the ball all the time: when we lost it, we won it back instantly. It was football at its most sublime. The Real Madrid players' heads had dropped as they came off 2-0 down at the break. We ran into the dressing room: we couldn't wait for the second half to begin... we could have scored even more. We were gunning for them because of everything they'd been saying about us".

His soft spot for Athletic de Bilbao: "I love Bilbao. I was there at Christmas, for the Basque Country vs Catalonia match, and though I was wearing a cap, people stopped me on the street. They treated with me such affection and admiration... It's a shame I didn't get to play for Athletic for a couple of years".

His struggle to win over the critics early in his career: "I didn't get recognition until 2008, when I'd been in the team for ten years. If I leaf through papers from years gone by, it makes me laugh: they said I was obsolete, that Edgar Davids made me look good, that I only moved the ball from side to side, they called me 'the windscreen wiper'..."

Read more: Xavi: "The 5-0 against Real Madrid was the pinnacle" - MARCA.com (English version)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon May 04, 2015 1:18 pm

imagine if someone like Xavi wasn't appreciated...
Windshield sweeper...
My god...
People watching football only care about goals it seems
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next