Magricos
LeSwagg James
ijomer
The Madrid One
FalcaoPunch
40 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Are the Marcelo haters gone yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Marcelo haters gone yet?

Post by Doc Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 16:29

Placing Marcelo as an AM is similar to Woy Hodgson trying to convert Roberto Carlos to a more forward role at Inter: Stupid and silly. Attacking full backs rely on massive amounts of space to be effective. Putting Marcelo higher up would limit a lot of his movements and thus limit his out put.

Please people, let's not get carried away now, we've been doing that way too long...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are the Marcelo haters gone yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the Marcelo haters gone yet?

Post by SuperMAG Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 16:32

Oh God, this marcelo need space thing again, i dont want to reexplain. let me put it simple, marcelo is one of our best players in tight areas.

Marcelo is not liike roberto carlos in anything.

Roberto carlos purly relied on speed and power and crossing/shooting. More like dani alves.

Marcelo game is based on dribbling, passing, teamwork, positioning, flair and creativity.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 16:57

Good defender (yes, he is good when the team balance is right) and orgasmic going forward.

Plays with a smile and one of the team's largest personalities and talents. How can you not love him if you were a fan of this team?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 16:58

We're still here we're just not Haters any more... Like Benz the man has proven his haters wrong! I :bow: before him!
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:02

he is rock solid for the national team,i dont get why he sucks so much defensively for Madrid

anyway,Marcelo atm>RC at his peak
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:09

I was the one that suggested he should be suspended and possibly benched by Coentrao. I made this remark after his idiotic tackle of Cesc in supercup.

But I do think Marcelo is possibly the best LB in the world right now. There is no denying his offensive skills, second to none. I believe better than Alves and at this point I think I will say as good as Roberto Carlos was. His defense is satisfactory. It obviously has improved significantly in the last 2 years. I felt at the beginning of the year he had regressed a bit in terms of his missed tackles, but he has tightened that up. He does require some assistance from the CB and that is lacking with Carvalho but it is there big time with either Ramos or Varane. As to the tackle that started my rant, I think he like Pepe has to be careful to keep his head (cool). I do think Mou liklely talked to him about this and his concentration on defense (I do know Mou did with Pepe) since there has been big improvement on both matters since that supercup game.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:09

Ganso wrote:he is rock solid for the national team,i dont get why he sucks so much defensively for Madrid

anyway,Marcelo atm>RC at his peak

Shocked Your RC3 hate always surprises me Laughing ... As well as Marcelo plays he has never made as happy just watching him, as RC3 did. RC3 made tons of mistakes, constantly, but really that's what made him so exciting because somehow he almost always recovered. ito talent I honestly don't think they are that far apart any more but RC3 had something really special, he always played in a way that made me smile... Very Happy
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:20

He doesn't suck defensively for Real Madrid. Neutral
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:23

SuperMAG wrote:Oh God, this marcelo need space thing again, i dont want to reexplain. let me put it simple, marcelo is one of our best players in tight areas.

Marcelo is not liike roberto carlos in anything.

Roberto carlos purly relied on speed and power and crossing/shooting. More like dani alves.

Marcelo game is based on dribbling, passing, teamwork, positioning, flair and creativity.

Not to be mean but I can't take anyone serious when they want Ramos as a DM and if you must know, full backs are most effective when they have 60 yards of space to run into, not 10 - 15. He's good in tight spaces because he is talented like that. Placing him higher up would reduce his out put a lot.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:32

I really like him but try to answer the following question Very Happy
Was Marcelo sufficiently tested defensivly beside the clasicos? Very Happy
About his offensive part, no question, he is sexyness in motion eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:36

He can kick Barca players all day if he wants. If anything that just makes me like him more :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:38

I was a hater Twisted Evil

but now i realized this guy has the potential to be best full back real madrid has ever seen :bow:

Him "sucking" defensively for madrid has more to do with ronaldo not track backing.He is a fine defender. Thumbs up
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:38

It's a fair question tho, bar barcelona, has he been tested enough in defense?

I reckon, PLaying the likes of Sanchez, Pedro, messi, Villa is the highest level in terms of dribbling, pace, flair etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:40

I love Marcelo Very Happy No homo.
He was defensively good and gave his usual super awesome offense effort for the team. CR7 linking up with Marcelo :bow:.
Anyway Marcelo did almost cost us a goal tho, no hatin, just sayin Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:43

He played them twice and only really looked very shaky in the Nou Camp towards the end. The monkey chants didn't help either.

In any case Marcelo is not on the team to defend as silly as that sounds. We play him because when he helps the attack we look like we have a better shot at scoring.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:53

Let's be fair......

He's no Davide " Paulo Maldini" Godton :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by bebop_23 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 17:59

his play right now is quite incredible. I don't remember him being so smooth on the ball during pellegrini's season.
bebop_23
bebop_23
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 18:00

Doc wrote:Placing Marcelo as an AM is similar to Woy Hodgson trying to convert Roberto Carlos to a more forward role at Inter: Stupid and silly. Attacking full backs rely on massive amounts of space to be effective. Putting Marcelo higher up would limit a lot of his movements and thus limit his out put.

Please people, let's not get carried away now, we've been doing that way too long...

Marcelo is one of our best players in tight spaces :facepalm: . I don't know who started this myth of Marcelo needing space but it's silly and completely untrue (and at this point it looks like trolling).

And as was said before only things Marcelo and RC3 have common is that they play LB, have defensive lapses and go forward, but the way they go forward is completely different.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 19:19

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
omarish wrote:he has been passing alot more lately instead of beating his man

marcelo would thrive at am me thinks lol

How do you guys make this kind of shortcut?

he has been passing a lot so Marcelo the left back would thrive as AM?

are you guys for real? lmao

No I meant he has good passes... and he tends to drift to the center of the midfield...

stop overreacting, it's not like it came out of nowhere, he has all the attributes of an AM, i like him at LB so I'm ok anyways, not like I want the change
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 23:15

In my opinion Marcelo wasn't half the player he is now before Mou came along.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 23:22

hrealmadrid wrote:In my opinion Marcelo wasn't half the player he is now before Mou came along.
agreed,he has been improving so much
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 23:23

There was a time last year, after the 5-0 but before he starting raping teams routinely in the CL, when I thought he had gone back to his usual self. Remember when we all wanted David Luiz to come replace him?

But anyway, now its a whole different story. Marcelo is a key component of our squad, a true Madridista who I like to think we developed. Also, hes just generally amazing at everything too. Has his defensive lapses, but it is so worth it. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 23:51

Coentrao is simply better.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 0:02

Seppuku wrote:Coentrao is simply better.
Are the Marcelo haters gone yet? - Page 2 393-riveting-tale-cool-story-bro-image
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 0:16

Not really a hater but critical of his defensive performances,

So, Present. :king:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 0:42

Marcelo was made for this team, his defensive lapses are no where near as bad as 6 months ago and his offense is pure sex
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next