Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 10 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Doc Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Kuru wrote:Nobody praised him on his performance on the game, they just said he wasn't bad.

"had alves on his pocket, 2-3 great tackles on messi and some interceptions.

hes not a bad defender,he just needs to have other players helping him out,most of the time he got owned this season were on 1 vs 1"

"Marcelo's defending last night

My god has his defending improved. He defended vs Alves and Messi ffs and did a good job. Kept it nice and quiet on his flank.

What a gem. What a player."

"yep he was amazing, what an accurate tackles."

Ganso, Omar and Supermag respectively Kuru. He honestly didn't have all that good of a match...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 10 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Kuru Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Doc wrote:
Kuru wrote:Nobody praised him on his performance on the game, they just said he wasn't bad.

"had alves on his pocket, 2-3 great tackles on messi and some interceptions.

hes not a bad defender,he just needs to have other players helping him out,most of the time he got owned this season were on 1 vs 1"

"Marcelo's defending last night

My god has his defending improved. He defended vs Alves and Messi ffs and did a good job. Kept it nice and quiet on his flank.

What a gem. What a player."

"yep he was amazing, what an accurate tackles."

Ganso, Omar and Supermag respectively Kuru. He honestly didn't have all that good of a match...

Aha, I was only looking at the posts after the Maldini quote. I didn't see the match, nor the comments you were talking about tbh.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:coentrao always had lass and dimaria to help him out

marcelo was on his own all the time, never saw that winger track back ONCE during the whole game, there is a reason marcelo was so solid when the two wingers had switched position....bring that back MOU!!!

I agree, even Pepe helped him

the way i see it we use man marking vs barca, and he didnt man mark his men good enough (1st half sanchez, 2nd half iniesta)

marcelo like I said in my previous post, handled everything alone
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 pm

omarish wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:coentrao always had lass and dimaria to help him out

marcelo was on his own all the time, never saw that winger track back ONCE during the whole game, there is a reason marcelo was so solid when the two wingers had switched position....bring that back MOU!!!

I agree, even Pepe helped him

the way i see it we use man marking vs barca, and he didnt man mark his men good enough (1st half sanchez, 2nd half iniesta)

marcelo like I said in my previous post, handled everything alone

SURE HE DID. Rolling Eyes

izzy26 wrote:Puyol went RB, Pique CB, Abidal LB. Alves went to right wing, Sanchez went central, Messi dropped into midfield, Cesc tucked in and Iniesta went Left wing.

Did you even notice that this happened? There was no need for Alves to defend as Marcelo was not overlapping so beating him defensively would be a piece of cake because his position is a disgrace.

izzy26 wrote:No he didn't. He did *bleep* all. Like he always does. Sanchez, Messi and Iniesta never once went down his flank in the 1st half because they thought Coentrao was the weak link. 2nd half, they bombarded marcelo's flank and he was caught out so many times it was unreal.

Best LB.

Let's leave the delusion the in GS why don't we?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Let's not forget that in the 2nd half we were so desperate for a goal we played a high line and the whole backline got torn to pieces

In the 2nd half he was attacking so much compared to the 1st half where he was ordered to stay back and defend
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:35 pm

izzy26 wrote:So, no one wants to talk about his woeful performance against Barca?

Typical. Coentrao all day everyday.

Best LB my arse.

lol wut

Not saying Marcelo played great but Coentrao wasn't any better. Clasico aside Marcelo is one of the team's biggest assets.

Coentrao is the guy that has to play RB to get a game lol. Heck I'd start Arbeloa over Coentrao at LB.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

izzy26 wrote:

SURE HE DID. Rolling Eyes

izzy26 wrote:Puyol went RB, Pique CB, Abidal LB. Alves went to right wing, Sanchez went central, Messi dropped into midfield, Cesc tucked in and Iniesta went Left wing.

Did you even notice that this happened? There was no need for Alves to defend as Marcelo was not overlapping so beating him defensively would be a piece of cake because his position is a disgrace.

izzy26 wrote:No he didn't. He did *bleep* all. Like he always does. Sanchez, Messi and Iniesta never once went down his flank in the 1st half because they thought Coentrao was the weak link. 2nd half, they bombarded marcelo's flank and he was caught out so many times it was unreal.

Best LB.

Let's leave the delusion the in GS why don't we?

izzy, marcelo is renown for attacking.... the amount of times he was waiting for a one-two with ronaldo while running ahead of him went beyond infinity, coentrao when lass and dimaria got subbed got skinned and left millionth of gaps behind him, marcelo on the other hand has never had that support(only when we played with real wingers)

i honestly want us to revert to that, we played so much better then
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:izzy, marcelo is renown for attacking.... the amount of times he was waiting for a one-two with ronaldo while running ahead of him went beyond infinity, coentrao when lass and dimaria got subbed got skinned and left millionth of gaps behind him, marcelo on the other hand has never had that support(only when we played with real wingers)

i honestly want us to revert to that, we played so much better then

I'm not doubting his attacking prowess. Never have, but the way people try and act like that's all he should bring to the team is a joke. Is it wrong to ask him to get his positioning correct?

I mean these same people, (Omarish) crucified CR7 and rightfully so for only thinking about one aspect of the game yet Marcelo gets a pass? What the hell is this?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm

izzy26 wrote:I mean these same people, (Omarish) crucified CR7 and rightfully so for only thinking about one aspect of the game yet Marcelo gets a pass? What the hell is this?

Becouse Marcelo hasn't been bad defensively this season? And I still don't think he had a "woeful" performance vs Barca? In fact I was impressed by his defending, and that is my opinion.

This season there is almost nothing to complain about Marcelos performances. Was bad vs Rayo, but so was the whole team, but other than that he has been defending good and attacking good.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Just so you guys know it's never one player's fault if we concede a goal. Blaming one player is scapegoating imo. It's sort of like saying if that player wasn't there then all the bad things would magically go away. That's not true.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm

izzy26 wrote:

I'm not doubting his attacking prowess. Never have, but the way people try and act like that's all he should bring to the team is a joke. Is it wrong to ask him to get his positioning correct?

I mean these same people, (Omarish) crucified CR7 and rightfully so for only thinking about one aspect of the game yet Marcelo gets a pass? What the hell is this?

hmmm, i agree his positioning has been suspect for a while and also his chance tackles.

however he HAS steadily improved in that aspect, he isnt AWFUL per say but he definately needs to upgrade from the one he is now if he is to shield his wing on his own(there isnt a LB better than him out there atm imho)

people try and compare to alves(he is probably the most overrated fullback out there of the top teams) did anyone see him vs dimaria(AND he had all the support in the world), marcelo WITHOUT support is still able to keep chances created from his side to a minimum....give credit where its due will ya
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Abidal-32
Cole-30
Lahm-28
Marcelo-just turned 23
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Ganso wrote:Abidal-32
Cole-30
Lahm-28
Marcelo-just turned 23

What's your point?

That he should be called the best or even be compared to them as he's still learning?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Im not comparing them,i never said hes the best LB in the first place,what i meant is that hes just 23,young compared to the elite LBs and has plenty of time to improve.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:14 pm

None of those three have half Marcelo's natural talent as a footballer.

I've been saying this when I was Marcelo's only fan boy lol. He's awesome and Iwouldn't trade him for anyone.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Marcelo is the best LB in the world.

Cole has been declining since last season.

None of those guys you listed is/was as talented as Marcelo is. And Marcelo is still progressing.

Marcelo = :king:

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Marcelo footballing talent is just ridiculus, its criminal that he is playing as LB, he should be a full time attacker, thats where his top top potential lies.

He doesnt even like to defend, he is lazy there, when he wants to defend, he becomes incredibly good in it.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 10 2011-12-16training07

LOOOOL it looks like angel is grabbing his nuts Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:12 pm

So what do people think about Maldini saying he's the best atm. Afro

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 am

How can a failed winger be the best left back in the World? o_O
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:41 am

Gil wrote:How can a failed winger be the best left back in the World? o_O

how can a failed footballer be the best football manager in the world. smoking

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 am

Omar whats with your avy Neutral
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 am

Marcelo is one of 30 candidates for 'Samba de Ouro 2011' award to the best Brazilian footballer playing in Europe.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 am

It will go to silva for sure
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Silva will in it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Talking about Thiago...

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 10 Thiago10
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next