Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Marcelo is still training hard to be fit in time for the Spanish Cup final in six days time. The Brazilian full-back underwent a check-up on Wednesday which confirmed that he is on the mend. He could even make his comeback against Almería this weekend and play some part in the game, in order to build some confidence and be fit and ready for the final at Mestalla.

The Brazilian picked up a hamstring injury 10 days ago, but his recovery appears to be on track and he trained with the ball on the pitch at Valdebebas last Sunday, which means he is likely to return to team training between Thursday and Friday. Ancelotti would pick Marcelo ahead of Coentrao, but time will tell if the Italian fields the South American, who lacks the Portuguese's match fitness.

Looking ahead to Saturday's game, Carletto will be forced to make some changes, given that Xabi and Carvajal are both suspended. On the right, Nacho

bounce 

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 20 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 pm

The only time Xabi rests is when he is suspended rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

Atlético de Madrid and Brazil left-back Filipe Luis believes it would be easier to play at the World Cup for Spain than it would be for Brazil. However, Luis seemed happy to have chosen to play for his country of birth despite the battle for a place in the World Cup squad.

When asked by ESPN Radio if it would be easier to play for Spain at the World Cup, the full-back said "yes" and added that "the Brazil national side would be more difficult for a player who has not been selected. Here in Spain there is Jordi Alba at Barcelona; Monreal at Arsenal and Alberto Moreno at Sevilla. On the right there is Azpilicueta, Arbeloa and Juanfran. But in Brazil there are at least ten left-backs and ten right-backs without looking too far further", he said.

The defender, who won the 2013 Confederations Cup with Brazil, is vying for one of the places in Felipe Scolari's squad. Daniel Alves, Maicon and Rafinha are the right-backs that have been used by Scolari, while Marcelo, Maxwell, Adriano and Filipe are the left-backs to have featured most. The left-back who plays for 'Los Rojiblancos' believes "Marcelo is the best left-back in the world for me. I learnt loads just by watching him train".

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Marcelo turns 26 today.

Marcelo Vieira da Silva was born on 12 May 1988 in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and has been at Real Madrid for eight seasons. He has become one of the best left-backs in the world for the Whites and despite his young age he is one of the most experienced players in the squad. As a Madrid player he has taken part in 265 matches, in which he has scored 18 goals.

His Real Madrid debut was on 7 January 2007 against Deportivo at the Riazor, aged just 18. As a White he has won three Ligas, two Copas del Rey and two Supercopas de España. He is a regular in the Brazilian national side and before coming to the Spanish Liga he played for Fluminense.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/05/marcelo-celebrates-26th-birthday-today?pid=1383833298379

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Happy birthday little guy  cheers 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 pm

"I wanted to quit football when I was 15. I wanted to go out with my mates; I was discovering life as a teenager. Luckily my granddad stopped me. He told me I had amazing ball control, but I didn't believe him", Marcelo reveals in a wide-ranging interview with 'Panenka' magazine.

"As a kid I dreamed of becoming a fireman like my dad. He's still a hero to me", notes the full-back, going on to admit that he struggled to believe in his own ability: "I found it hard to recognise that I had talent. I felt embarrassed being the centre of attention: I preferred to see a teammate score than score myself".

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 24, 2014 11:15 pm

You can say whatever you want, but as a pure footballer, there aren't 10 better than this guy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat May 24, 2014 11:39 pm

the best

the absolute best. was the best player in the second half alongside di maria, modric and isco
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 pm

This is why we should keep both Coentrao and Marcelo. Both played their part in the CL this year and both provide something different. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 25, 2014 12:07 am

He's a real leader imo. I love Marcelo, I always have even when everyone else didn't I always knew he'd come up big for this club. He cried today like he was born 10 meters from the Bernabeu.

What a legend and he's one that grew up with us. So proud and happy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 25, 2014 12:34 am

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 25, 2014 1:05 am

agreed; both coentrao and marcelo need to be kept...they have a yin and yang about them.....good goal for marcelo, a goal at the grandest stage. even our greatest left back roberto carlos never scored a goal at a ucl final.....marcelo should still work more on his fitness though
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 25, 2014 4:28 am

he was a major spark that lead to better play in the second half. and like zeal said- absolute leader.

true madridista

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:02 am

what does dunga have against marcelo?

marcelo got no call up yet dunga was mandated to only call up brazilians in europe.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:09 am

Dunga already called him up, he is just 3rd or 4th in the pecking order
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:55 am

Ganso wrote:Dunga already called him up, he is just 3rd or 4th in the pecking order

so why is he so far down the pecking order.

it is not as simple as the other are just better players. ?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:59 am

the other LBs are just better than him

we haven't conceded a single goal since Alves and Marcelo got kicked out, nobody misses Marcelo tbh
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:51 am

Why isn't our entire squad 3rd or 4th choice in their respective NTs ffs. I have these fecking international breaks.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:18 am

Marcelo recently took to answering question asked him on Facebook. The Brazilian defender, among other things, told of his desire to keep playing for 'Los Blancos'.

Which person has most inspired you?
"My father has always been my inspiration".

When did you start playing football?
"I reckon it was when I was 4 or 5 years old".

What is your favourite memory with Real?
"I have many, but of course a big one is 'La Décima'. However, it's not easy to pick just one out".

Who is your best friend at Real?
"I get on well with all my teammates".

How long will you stay at Real for?
"I'm very happy in this team and want to play for this club until I retire".

Will Real get the triple this season?
"This club always has to fight for all the titles and that is what we are always trying to do. We are all out to bring joy to our fans, that's our main goal".

What's your favourite goal that you have scored?
"They're all special, but a really good one is the one I scored in the Champions League final. I remember them all dearly".

Who should win the Ballon d'Or?
"Without a doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who is the best player in the world?
"Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who's the fastest, Bale or Cristiano?
"I am" (laughs).

What is your favourite film?
"I, Robot".

What is the secret to always be smiling?
"To have health, family, friends and love your work".
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Who should win the Ballon d'Or?
"Without a doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo".

Who is the best player in the world?
"Cristiano Ronaldo".

lmao Proud dat strong team spirit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:37 pm

if or rather when a time comes, when other players in the team start beasting and getting as much recognition, and get stated as candidates for this "award".....i just hope it will not hamper the team spirit that the club has worked so hard to build
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:05 am

Maybe Ronaldo will be satisfied after he wins this one, and won't mind others winning it after him. (not like he's showing any signs of slowing down though).
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:19 pm

How highly do you rate his first half of the season? IMO he's been one of our best and most consistent 3 players. I don't reckon him having a bad game this season. Even defensively he has been a rock.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Called up by Dunga for the international break :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:08 pm

I could swear I saw Marcelo get nutmegged today
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 pm

no match-day thread for our game (loss) against athletic? sigh carlo and company throwing away yet another potential title....ridiculous
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next