RebaƱo Sagrado
billionmillion
Zealous
Lex
Grande_Milano
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did R9 surpass Maradona and Pele? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did R9 surpass Maradona and Pele?

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 am

R9 for me is at least on the same level as Maradona and Pele.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Did R9 surpass Maradona and Pele? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did R9 surpass Maradona and Pele?

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:07 pm

billionmillion wrote:Again an attempt to troll messi after his bad day
please dont mention mehssi next to the football legends,he will be kept forever on the barca legends section.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:14 pm

For me he is the greatest player ever. Despite incredibly bad injuries he still performed consistently well in the worlds best leagues and was the main reason for Brazil winning the World Cup in 2002.

He also played against the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Thuram, Puyol, Kahn, Buffon e.t.c. And beat all of them. I think he surpassed Pele because he only played in Brazil and the quality of that league back then is nowhere near as good as the leagues that Ronaldo played in. His World Cup win for me is also not as impressive as Ronaldo's because Pele was in the greatest team the world has ever seen, the 1970 Brazil team.

And I feel like he surpassed Maradona purely because he's a better player.

For me, the top 5 ever are;
1. R9
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. Eusebio
5. Cruyff
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:19 pm

4 me r9 is the greatest by far...i have many reasons to believe why he is that. 1st he came back being the best after several career ending injuries. i doubt maradona or pele had be able to come back from a careerthreatinng injury and win world cup n become best player of the world again. 2nd he was unstoppable everywhere he went. i wish he could have played in the epl, the last place he didn't conquer. lastly, despite so much of his career wasted in injuries and badform he still did enough to write his name in history books of football. the maradona's and pele's were never injuried, and still ronaldo more or less matched their achievements.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Ganso wrote:
please dont mention mehssi next to the football legends,he will be kept forever on the barca legends section.
Lol why you became bitter? At least messi is a barca legend, but your R9 is not a legend of any club, considering club legend must win at least 1 CL for his club. R9 belongs "best strikers ever" league not "best players ever" one
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:43 pm

billionmillion wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Lol why you became bitter? At least messi is a barca legend, but your R9 is not a legend of any club, considering club legend must win at least 1 CL for his club. R9 belongs "best strikers ever" league not "best players ever" one

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:55 pm

billionmillion wrote:
Ganso wrote:

easily the most stupid poster on this place...

why are people even arguing with him?

dis dude is proly jacking off to messi all day long... :facepalm:

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:59 pm

for me R9 is footbal... so helll yeahh
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm

billionmillion wrote:
Ganso wrote:

R9 is a true brazilian legend... inorder to become a national legend you must win WORLD CUPS... and break its records...
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:39 pm

aford92 wrote:For me he is the greatest player ever. Despite incredibly bad injuries he still performed consistently well in the worlds best leagues and was the main reason for Brazil winning the World Cup in 2002.

He also played against the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Thuram, Puyol, Kahn, Buffon e.t.c. And beat all of them. I think he surpassed Pele because he only played in Brazil and the quality of that league back then is nowhere near as good as the leagues that Ronaldo played in. His World Cup win for me is also not as impressive as Ronaldo's because Pele was in the greatest team the world has ever seen, the 1970 Brazil team.

And I feel like he surpassed Maradona purely because he's a better player.

For me, the top 5 ever are;
1. R9
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. Eusebio
5. Cruyff

One of the problems as time goes on.
Revisionist history.
Ronaldo the main reason Brazil won the WC.LOL.
NVM the fact that Brazil were a loaded team and the best team in the tournament by far.
And Rivaldo was the star of that Brazil team,not Ronaldo.
But yeah continue with the revisionism.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:57 pm

lol at R9 being the greatest. No footbal fan that has sen football games and has any knowledge would say that tbh. What did the guy do for any club he played for? He played for all the big guns and achived nothing. At his best he led his teams to nothing. Being individula means sod all if you don't lead your team to trophies.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

jibers wrote:lol at R9 being the greatest. No footbal fan that has sen football games and has any knowledge would say that tbh. What did the guy do for any club he played for? He played for all the big guns and achived nothing. At his best he led his teams to nothing. Being individula means sod all if you don't lead your team to trophies.

wat about barca 1998??? he won two or three trophies in one season... and laliga was a much better league back then when valencia athletico and such clubs were much more competitive.. he managed to score 48 goals that season
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:01 pm

shamr9pato wrote:
jibers wrote:lol at R9 being the greatest. No footbal fan that has sen football games and has any knowledge would say that tbh. What did the guy do for any club he played for? He played for all the big guns and achived nothing. At his best he led his teams to nothing. Being individula means sod all if you don't lead your team to trophies.

wat about barca 1998??? he won two or three trophies in one season... and laliga was a much better league back then when valencia athletico and such clubs were much more competitive.. he managed to score 48 goals that season

Okay, 48 goals and no major trophies, again he has played for inter, ac , RM and Barcelona and had little impact for his talent. His application was poor compared to the others tbh. That season was his peak, after that he was hot and cold, and he played for Barca in in 96/97 season mate.

Last edited by jibers on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:11 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:4 me r9 is the greatest by far...i have many reasons to believe why he is that. 1st he came back being the best after several career ending injuries. i doubt maradona or pele had be able to come back from a careerthreatinng injury and win world cup n become best player of the world again. 2nd he was unstoppable everywhere he went. i wish he could have played in the epl, the last place he didn't conquer. lastly, despite so much of his career wasted in injuries and badform he still did enough to write his name in history books of football. the maradona's and pele's were never injuried, and still ronaldo more or less matched their achievements.

Really? He wasn't even the best player in 2002 but he was in 98. 1 good wc can't make up for a poor inconcistent season. He played 16 games for inter and won the ballon d'or? Give me a break, the ballon d'or has become a popularity contest. Ballack was easily the best player of 2002 bar none. Maradonas career was almost ended in Barcelona because they battered the hell out of him, same with Pele, he was absolutely demolished in a WC where they kicked him off the pitch. Match Peles achievements? Pele was part of one of the greatest club teams of all time in Santos when the brazilian league was numero uno and thats why no south americans left for europe in that time. The intercontinental cup was the biggest and Santos won it. Maradona managed to lead his team in arguably the toughest league competition, serie A in the 80s. He beat Saachis Millan, a team pundits consider the greatest team of all time. Let's put it in perspective, Maldini said that the toughest player he ever faced was maradona followed by R9. You say conquer? In all the major teams he played he won only 1 league title. That is a fail for someone with his ability. All the goals he scored did sod all, a bit like Ronaldo last season. If you can't elevate your team to another level then you don't deserve a place with the big 6. In abilities he more than matches them, but his application let him down.

Last edited by jibers on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 am

I think the fact that Ronaldo even with an injury ravaged career and hypothyroidism is still compared with the "all time greats" says enough... The only reason a debate is even possible is because of those two reasons if you ask me

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 am

To answer the OP, sadly I can't mention Ronaldo (R9) in the same breath as Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Alfred Di Stefano, and a select few others.

As for Messi he's excellent, but until he's a catalyst for a World Cup winning team I can't mention his names with the ones I mentioned before.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:42 am

+1 for Jibers.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:I think the fact that Ronaldo even with an injury ravaged career and hypothyroidism is still compared with the "all time greats" says enough... The only reason a debate is even possible is because of those two reasons if you ask me

But HE DID, get injured. No IFS, BUTS or SHOULD HAVES. Maradona was murdered in Barcelona, Pele was runied. They came back even better. R9s discipline let him down as well. Look at his weight problems, he struggled. He had the ability but he lacked application.

JuvenelCuore wrote:+1 for Jibers.

Cheers mate.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 am

jibers wrote:

But HE DID, get injured. No IFS, BUTS or SHOULD HAVES. Maradona was murdered in Barcelona, Pele was runied. They came back even better. R9s discipline let him down as well. Look at his weight problems, he struggled. He had the ability but he lacked application.

Yeah he did, but what other footballer had those kinds of problems and is still considered one of the best ever?? Almost every great player got 'murdered' their whole careers due to some dangerous tackles and what not.. But not everyone had 2 potential career threatening injuries (well 3 but by the third one it was pretty much over) and a disease that affects their metabolism..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:
jibers wrote:

Yeah he did, but what other footballer had those kinds of problems and is still considered one of the best ever?? Almost every great player got 'murdered' their whole careers due to some dangerous tackles and what not.. But not everyone had 2 potential career threatening injuries (well 3 but by the third one it was pretty much over) and a disease that affects their metabolism..

I don't get your point? he got injured so HE DIDN'T reach their level of elevationing performances. End of. Injuries hed him back but even at his peak, which was between 96-99 ish, he still never delivered on the big stage. WC 98 should have been his, but he failed, for what ever reasons, he failed that game and Zidane took it off him. On just pure abiity he is up there, hell many people are up there but his application let him down.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:09 am

jibers wrote:
Swagg_Johnson wrote:
jibers wrote:

I don't get your point? he got injured so HE DIDN'T reach their level of elevationing performances. End of. Injuries hed him back but even at his peak, which was between 96-99 ish, he still never delivered on the big stage. WC 98 should have been his, but he failed, for what ever reasons, he failed that game and Zidane took it off him. On just pure abiity he is up there, hell many people are up there but his application let him down.

You don't know what happened b4 the '98 final do you...........
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:10 am

Ronaldo was something else, I've never seen a player like him before. His knee exploding (twice) and weight problems only make his story more endearing and impressive.

An all time great for sure. Every individual award he has is 100% deserved.

(Yes even his 2002 Balon D'Or)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 am

LOL at the guy in this thread putting Zidane and R9 in the same sentence
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:35 am

windkick wrote:LOL at the guy in this thread putting Zidane and R9 in the same sentence

Suspect

You must 'LOL' a lot then.. Those two names are regularly put in the same sentence
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 am

jibers wrote:

Really? He wasn't even the best player in 2002 but he was in 98. 1 good wc can't make up for a poor inconcistent season. He played 16 games for inter and won the ballon d'or? Give me a break, the ballon d'or has become a popularity contest. Ballack was easily the best player of 2002 bar none. Maradonas career was almost ended in Barcelona because they battered the hell out of him, same with Pele, he was absolutely demolished in a WC where they kicked him off the pitch. Match Peles achievements? Pele was part of one of the greatest club teams of all time in Santos when the brazilian league was numero uno and thats why no south americans left for europe in that time. The intercontinental cup was the biggest and Santos won it. Maradona managed to lead his team in arguably the toughest league competition, serie A in the 80s. He beat Saachis Millan, a team pundits consider the greatest team of all time. Let's put it in perspective, Maldini said that the toughest player he ever faced was maradona followed by R9. You say conquer? In all the major teams he played he won only 1 league title. That is a fail for someone with his ability. All the goals he scored did sod all, a bit like Ronaldo last season. If you can't elevate your team to another level then you don't deserve a place with the big 6. In abilities he more than matches them, but his application let him down.
Great post jibs

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 am

R9 had 1 season that can be compared to messi's seasons. Other than that he had seasons like Villa or Rooney having now. In club level he can not be compared to all time greats. YES national team made his name great. Luckily he was born in golden era of brazil.

Brazil were like today's spain, boss of their era. If R9 played in todays brazil he would win nothing for sure.

Now messi doesnt play for brazil dream team of last decade. nor he plays for spain's dream team now. messi has no luck he will never play for any national dream team

R9 played for top clubs of his era. because he was top footballer the best teams transferred him. but he failed to win the major title surrounding with such big players. So whoever says he can do this he could do that is a blind fanboy
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next