Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Before, I explain my reasons, I shall say I absolutely love Kenny and what he's brought to the club, but I just can't help with this feeling that he hasn't handled Carroll situation fairly this season.

In beginning of the year, in August, Balotelli was on City's bench. Wasn't even getting minutes as a sub, to the point that when he scored vs Birmingham in CC, he didn't even celebrate, and Balo to AC Milan rumours were all over the place.

Man City were looking for a breakthrough vs Everton, and Mancini brought Balotelli on around 60th minute, and he scored the winner that game, and SINCE THAT GAME, he's been starting every game (Except CL ones for which he has been banned) and no surprise, he's been getting more confident every game, scoring in all those games, and look so happy and a totally different player now.
Mancini did the same with Milner, and he took his chance and now displace Nasri in their starting line up.

Same situation with Torres. He was on a horrible run of form, even Del Bosque excluded him from Spain's bench and warned him. Same with AVB. Then he started vs Leverkuseen in CL and made 2 assists despite missing 2-3 sitters. AVB kept him in the side vs United and he's kicked on from the faith he received from his manager

Meanwhile, Our Andy Carroll, comes and breaks his duck against Exeter in CC, and then gets dropped for the next 2 games ( Bolton and Stoke).

Then he plays a very good game vs Wolves, scores the winner away at Goodison Park, and we all think now he'll finally kick on being rewarded for his goal and his confidence will build from here. NOO

Instead he gets dropped for 2 consecutive home games.

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

I really think the way the management team has handled his situation has been very bad. I was watching Dirk yesterday, and he had a very poor game and offered no goal threat or presence whasoever, and yet it took us 80 minutes to introduce Andy in those 10 minutes he was more of a threat than Dirk showed at CF role for the 88 minutes.

This constant dropping of Carroll isn't doing neither side any favours....Kenny has a big decision to make.

I am dying for the lad to get a proper run...absolutely baffled that his reward of scoring a derby winning goal, was 10 minutes in our next 2 home games

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by RedOranje on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 am

I don't quite understand why a fan of Dortmund is so interested in Liverpool these days...

You really are perfect for tv, though.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Kick on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:25 am

@RedOranje wrote:I don't quite understand why a fan of Dortmund is so interested in Liverpool these days...

You really are perfect for tv, though.

He has great English for a Dane as well.

_________________


#Carefree #kaspbffl
avatar
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 33780
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 am

Sepi wrote:Before, I explain my reasons, I shall say I absolutely love Kenny and what he's brought to the club, but I just can't help with this feeling that he hasn't handled Carroll situation fairly this season.

In beginning of the year, in August, Balotelli was on City's bench. Wasn't even getting minutes as a sub, to the point that when he scored vs Birmingham in CC, he didn't even celebrate, and Balo to AC Milan rumours were all over the place.

Man City were looking for a breakthrough vs Everton, and Mancini brought Balotelli on around 60th minute, and he scored the winner that game, and SINCE THAT GAME, he's been starting every game (Except CL ones for which he has been banned) and no surprise, he's been getting more confident every game, scoring in all those games, and look so happy and a totally different player now.
Mancini did the same with Milner, and he took his chance and now displace Nasri in their starting line up.

Same situation with Torres. He was on a horrible run of form, even Del Bosque excluded him from Spain's bench and warned him. Same with AVB. Then he started vs Leverkuseen in CL and made 2 assists despite missing 2-3 sitters. AVB kept him in the side vs United and he's kicked on from the faith he received from his manager

Meanwhile, Our Andy Carroll, comes and breaks his duck against Exeter in CC, and then gets dropped for the next 2 games ( Bolton and Stoke).

Then he plays a very good game vs Wolves, scores the winner away at Goodison Park, and we all think now he'll finally kick on being rewarded for his goal and his confidence will build from here. NOO

Instead he gets dropped for 2 consecutive home games.

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

I really think the way the management team has handled his situation has been very bad. I was watching Dirk yesterday, and he had a very poor game and offered no goal threat or presence whasoever, and yet it took us 80 minutes to introduce Andy in those 10 minutes he was more of a threat than Dirk showed at CF role for the 88 minutes.

This constant dropping of Carroll isn't doing neither side any favours....Kenny has a big decision to make.

I am dying for the lad to get a proper run...absolutely baffled that his reward of scoring a derby winning goal, was 10 minutes in our next 2 home games

I'm not sure I remember AVB dropping Torres because of poor form. He always had his backing.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Art Morte on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 am

I was really surprised to see Carroll start on the bench against Norwich, but other than that I've been OK with Kenny's handling of the player.

Andy hasn't been in great form and I understand Kenny or any manager trying out different options then. In the end it's all about getting results and points.

But, I agree that much that starting Carroll on the bench against Norwich at home was a bit too much. We need him in the long run and it's no good keeping him on the bench in these games we are always going to be in control of.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16146
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by MGNRomulus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

in that game there were at least 3-4 aerial attempts which Carroll would of easily got to/converted if he were in that position.

its actually aggravating to see such a great young player being benched consistently. I'm not going to question Kenny's choices, but if you score a goal the way Carroll did against Everton, you'd think to at least give him a starting role in the next match, his confidence must of been high after that goal, especially the importance of it.

As much as i don't like to say this, but as soon as Suarez started his little bitch fit on the field, that should of been the time to bring on Andy, although i would of liked to see the pair of them on the same field.

i agree with what Sepi said about Kuyt's Performance, but that's also due to lack of match time, Kuyt last season was a regular 1st team player, and now seems to get the occasional game.

the size of the squad is the reason for that, and it isn't easy to keep everybody at the club happy, but you'd think our decent 1st team players would get more game time.


_________________
avatar
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I am gonna put it out there.

If Carroll doesn't start on Wednesday or against WBA, then I'd be truly sure that something is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of, and we could be in for another Robbie Keane situation in January.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Art Morte on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Sepi wrote:I am gonna put it out there.

If Carroll doesn't start on Wednesday or against WBA, then I'd be truly sure that something is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of, and we could be in for another Robbie Keane situation in January.

Nah, we wouldn't recoup even half of the £35m transfer fee. Carroll is in Liverpool for the long haul.

And at the moment we simply are playing very fine without him in the XI, so it's relatively easy to bench him.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16146
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

^
Yet we seem to gather more points with him starting.


Points >>> Playing very fine.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 pm

We were winning when Carroll was playing at the beginning of the season against the lower opposition.....I don't see the reason for Kenny to not play the same way we started

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by RedOranje on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:53 am

Look, I do agree that Kenny's decision not to start Carroll was a bit odd... but then Carroll played midweek against Rangers (odd decision as well). In any case, I feel that calling it "horrible" and going so over the top with reactions to it is unnecessary.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by stevieg8 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I disagree, Red... I think Kenny's handling of the squad this season in general has actually been fairly poor. The purpose of the summer signings this year, in my view, was to provide us with depth and a stronger ability to rotate the squad without losing much in quality, and instead of doing that - either to fit runs of form or to tactically match up with the opposition - he has consistently started the same players. This has been especially egregious with the summer signings, some of whom simply didn't deserve to remain in the side as long as they were and should have been dropped at some point along the way to be rotated back in and try and get a run of form going. Instead, we were treated to a long string of ineffectual performances from Hendo, a few devastating defensive ones from Adam (in games this forum was fairly in agreement he should not have been starting), and poor runs of form from both Downing and Carroll (with Carroll only being benched after looking good for the first string of games all season). Meanwhile, players who could be getting looks and providing different styles to the team (Maxi, Bellamy possibly, Coates, Spearing, and near the beginning of the year I'd have said Kuyt) have been left consistently on the bench instead of mixing things up and switching players around. Absolutely, man management is necessary and people must be kept happy, but that works for the bench players as well, and depth means nothing if these players aren't match fit after having been left out of the squad for months at a time.

I genuinely feel that with a little more thought going into the team sheet for each game, we could be a solid number of points higher up the table right now, and it's been frustrating watching the same players trot out each week waiting for that "breakthrough" where we finally play our first dominant game. Check the predictions thread... I've been anticipating it as much as Kenny, but it just doesn't seem to be as close around the corner as we think, and maybe some fresh blood is what's needed.
avatar
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Nishankly on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:35 pm

All im concerned is about the [ as i said earlier ] that kenny isnt rotating. He sticks with 11 players and plays them week in, week out and even midweek.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15897
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Art Morte on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, it hasn't been _that_ many games yet, but I sort of agree on the lack of rotation point. Maxi and Spearing especially should have deserved a league start by now, with their good form late last season.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16146
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by RedOranje on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 pm

The same folks that bashed Rafa for rotating too much now seem to be upset we aren't rotating 5 players a match... lovely.

Considering the number of signings made in the past two windows, the transition to a new coach and style of play, and general movement inside the club I fail to see how anyone could have expected us to be anywhere near our best before mid-December. It's utter nonsense to expect everyone to settle in immediately and for the side to begin performing without a feeling out period.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by k_nana93 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Tbh i do like Carroll but he has had plenty of chances to impress. When called upon he hasn't produced..it's as simple as that....but on the other hand he is young and improving. I think we'll see the real Carroll in 1-2 years time
avatar
k_nana93
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Nishankly on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

@k_nana93 wrote:Tbh i do like Carroll but he has had plenty of chances to impress. When called upon he hasn't produced..it's as simple as that....but on the other hand he is young and improving. I think we'll see the real Carroll in 1-2 years time

Welcome to the forums !!! bounce

avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15897
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by BeautifulGame on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 am

Carroll needs atleast a season to fit into our team.Why on earth are we talking about keane situation just 8 games into the season :brickwall:

Just look at strikers similar to Carroll bought for big money previously Gomez and Drogba.They needed more than a season to show their form.


_________________
avatar
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by RedOranje on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

22 years old.

He's younger than Art, Beautiful, and me. That really ought to put things into perspective a bit.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Fahim89 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 am

I won't go much in depth to his caliber but it amazes how some have been on his shoulder & now are on Kenny's for not playing him. . . the guy is young & hasn't lived up to expectations so Kenny is taking it slow . . not much of a big deal for me! What I am more worried about is the fact that Suarez has been missing opportunities. . which to be fair to the Maestro are only chances because he created them!
avatar
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by iftikhar on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 am

@RedOranje wrote:22 years old.

He's younger than Art, Beautiful, and me. That really ought to put things into perspective a bit.

Thanks Red. Nice way of making me feel ancient Suspect
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7879
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

6 of Suarez' 7 goals this season have been scored with Carroll on the pitch.

:coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Don't call me James on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 am

Most of our wins have come with Carroll starting :shisha:

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Red Alert on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 am

4 starts is it for Carroll?


_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by donttreadonred on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:08 pm

@RedOranje wrote:22 years old.

He's younger than Art, Beautiful, and me. That really ought to put things into perspective a bit.

It's facts like this that I still can't get over. affraid I'm getting old.

In any case, it's a very valid point and the predominant reason I simply refuse to write off Carroll. He's not fully developed yet. In fact, his size and strength are that of a player several years older, and I believe they cause some to think of him as a fully developed footballer. In reality, he's still very much a kid. Give him time (and the opportunities) to develop.

_________________
“He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts . . .
for support rather than illumination.”
–Andrew Lang
avatar
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2208
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenny's handling of Carroll this season has been horrible.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum