Who is the most influential player on the team?

+20
Doc
Pedram
Seppuku
Babun
Zees
daneq
alexander mahone
VanDeezNuts
futbol_bill
ijomer
Guiltybystander
chad4401
EarlyPrototype
McAgger
Mamad
Le Samourai
teza1992
halamadrid2
Zealous
guest7
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is the most influential player on the team? Empty Who is the most influential player on the team?

Post by guest7 Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Xabi Alonso me thinks

But everytime Khedira plays we play a million times better, but without Alonso our passing and midfield would be so average and bad.

Who do you think is our most influential player?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Who is the most influential player on the team? Empty Re: Who is the most influential player on the team?

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:05 pm

In no particular order:

Iker, Marcelo, Ramos and Alonso.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Who is the most influential player on the team? Empty Re: Who is the most influential player on the team?

Post by guest7 Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Zealous wrote:In no particular order:

Iker, Marcelo, Ramos and Alonso.

You think Ramos is one of the most influential? I think he is one of those we can afford to lose, but he is also a key man in the team.

I also think Khedira deserves a special mention, he is imo very underrated and everytime he plays we play much better.

Marcelo I agree btw, he adds alot to our attacking game and he is the one taking the ball out of the defense most of the times
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Ramos despite all the abuse people give him here is our best defender. When he isn't playing I personally feel less safe. I personally think he is a big part of the team.

I agree with you on Khedira, his role is under rated.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:10 pm

only xabi and marcelo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Marcelo
Xabi
Khedira

in that order
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Iker

Ramos-esp in big games.

Marcelo-is the most integral part of our attacking dynamic

Xabzil.

Benguain.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 pm

Xabi Alonso
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 pm

I think Marcelo is more important than Xabi to be honest
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Marcelo and Alonso

Though you can't leave out Ronaldo because of his goal scoring record.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 pm

xabi
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Xabi Alonso - we still win without Marcelo, all the matches we didn't win last year, safe for Barcelona, Alonso didn't play.

Can't mention this stat often enough.

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 am

Ronaldo, Marcelo and Alonso
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:24 am

Casillas
Alonso
Marcelo
Ramos
Cr7

No particular order

Next khedira, oil, higgy, benz
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:38 am

http://www.realmadridstats.com/minutes.html

Jose obviously thinks its Casillas, Alonso, Ronaldo and Ramos

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:49 am

xabi without a doubt.

and the players that it is obvious we are hurting without-
marcelo- we lose a complete sense of creativity and speed on the left flank
ozil- creativity again
khedira- when hes not in we dont have that stability he brings
pepe-if ramos is not covering for pepe when he is out our defense looks sluggish and disorganized

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 am

I believe each of our players uniquely influence the game depending on their roles & characteristics, really hard to measure which one that's the most influential and that would depend on tactic we use at certain game & which particular role that's the most dominant in winning certain game.

But if you mean by most influential is the one that will hurt us most if being removed from the line up, that would be Xabi easily. Mostly because we have no reliable alternate to replace him (maybe this would change when Sahin come into the picture) and so far no proven tactical adjustment for us to accomodate the lack of role deep lying playmaker Xabi takes in the line up (the one time we did fine without Xabi when he's subbed out during clasico home league game is not enough example I suppose).

As for other players, as influential as they are, we could still do without imo. We have enough depth in pretty much all other areas (especially attacking roles in which we have the best depth) that hardly any of them is irreplacable in Xabi kind of way, not even the 2 most automatic starter in our team, Ronaldo and Casilas (I think we can do just fine in normal games with Adan). Always can drop one of any players except Xabi and replace with another (with some tactical adjustment if necessary) without hurting us much.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 am

Good to know that my fellow madristas appreciate my favorite player almost as much as I do (even if it's not always overtly expressed).

Xabi is so crucial to our success because of his uniqueness and the dependency on his skill sets we have developed for the third season now.

I hope Sahin proves to be as good as hyped and can thrive in either a double pivot or trivote alongside Xabi
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 am

Oh and to show my unbias, my other favorite player in our squad (higgy) is replaceable.

So is Iker, Ramos, Pepe, Carvalho, Sami, Benzema, Di Maria, etc.

Marcelo, Xabi and Ronaldo are just so one of a kind and influential on our success that I dread to think about our competitiveness should any of those 3 go down for an extended period...
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 am

ronaldo and xabi
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:51 am

deezydeez wrote:xabi without a doubt.

and the players that it is obvious we are hurting without-
marcelo- we lose a complete sense of creativity and speed on the left flank
ozil- creativity again
khedira- when hes not in we dont have that stability he brings
pepe-if ramos is not covering for pepe when he is out our defense looks sluggish and disorganized
I think basically the same but add CR7 Very Happy He is indeed needed to create space even if he does nothing in a game Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 am

Alonso is always talking to the players on the pitch. Shouting, directing, pointing. Always. Even after they score a goal, everyone's done celebrating and you see Xabi immediately getting on one of the players back about something.

IMO he is the real captain on the pitch.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Seppuku wrote:Alonso is always talking to the players on the pitch. Shouting, directing, pointing. Always. Even after they score a goal, everyone's done celebrating and you see Xabi immediately getting on one of the players back about something.

IMO he is the real captain on the pitch.

Yeah, i noticed this so many times.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 pm

alexander mahone wrote:I believe each of our players uniquely influence the game depending on their roles & characteristics, really hard to measure which one that's the most influential and that would depend on tactic we use at certain game & which particular role that's the most dominant in winning certain game.

But if you mean by most influential is the one that will hurt us most if being removed from the line up, that would be Xabi easily. Mostly because we have no reliable alternate to replace him (maybe this would change when Sahin come into the picture) and so far no proven tactical adjustment for us to accomodate the lack of role deep lying playmaker Xabi takes in the line up (the one time we did fine without Xabi when he's subbed out during clasico home league game is not enough example I suppose).

As for other players, as influential as they are, we could still do without imo. We have enough depth in pretty much all other areas (especially attacking roles in which we have the best depth) that hardly any of them is irreplacable in Xabi kind of way, not even the 2 most automatic starter in our team, Ronaldo and Casilas (I think we can do just fine in normal games with Adan). Always can drop one of any players except Xabi and replace with another (with some tactical adjustment if necessary) without hurting us much.

A comment to my own heart. +1 to your kind sir...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Marcelo and Alonso. However Coentrao might be able to perform Marcelo's role and Sahin might be able to perform Alonso's role.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next