David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

+50
Firenze
Thimmy
Helmer
El Gunner
Kaladin
LeBĂ©ninois
RealGunner
Lucifer
S
Myesyats
M99
Cruijf
Valkyrja
izzy
Pseudo
Curtinho
Art Morte
McAgger
Mamad
jibers
billionmillion
CBarca
Magricos
Blue
Dnmac4
JuvenelCuore
The Messiah
lenear1030
halamadrid2
Ali
Lord Hades
justdoit_
xabi
alexjanosik
Ganso
Gil
TheRedStag
che
teamanarchy
Sushi Master
Superstone Mariomintsch
kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Pedram
Mr Nick09
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
eyeopener
54 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? Empty David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by eyeopener Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm

I've been a football fan for a long time (since 95) now but never been a fan of a club or a player. And until a couple monts ago i never even betrayed myself to 'like' a team or a player in particualy.

But the last couple of months i started liking David Silva because i thougt (and still think) he was mad underrated. Well, I've never even seen a player more underrated than this little guy. For me it was already a time ago clear that he was better than the likes of fabregas, ozil and iniesta and it would be a matter of time people would consider him as one of the best. thankfully more and more people, from managers to football analysts and football fans world wide, are praising the unbelievable game he is playing right now for club and country.

Personally i think that David Silva is the guy who can take the fight to messi in the debate 'who's the world's best footballer'. His reputation is growing each week. A couple of months more with the same football that he is playing now and the world's media will hail him as the best playmaker and the player with the most vision.

But were not the media. were just football fans who watch the games from saturday afternoon till sunday in the evening. so i am asking (and please dont let you're club feelings or the subjective way of thinking take control in youre opinon):

After 3 months of football can we conclude that Silva is the best performing and playing midfielder at this very moment and setting the standards for the rest of the midfielders in europe?

Last edited by eyeopener on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:56 pm

I thought a week ago on current form he was the best playmaker in the world.....

Only Pirlo comes close currently imo.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

David Silva: The best midfielder in the world? Empty Re: David Silva: The best midfielder in the world?

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Atm yes.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

i think u should lay off from that man city cocain
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Most in form, yes.

Best? no.

One doesnt become the best in 3 months, otherwise marcelo would be all of fame already, many times.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:04 pm

After 3 months of football can we conclude that Silva is the best performing and playing midfielder at this very moment and setting the standards for the rest of the midfielders in europe?
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:05 pm

I'd rather watch Silva atm, than sleep with Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 pm

affraid
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I must say yes :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm

When has Silva ever been underrated? Everyone who watches La Liga knows he is absolute class. However, going from there to best midfielder in the world is quite a stretch when you take into account the Xavis and Iniestas of the world...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Sepi wrote:I'd rather watch Silva atm, than sleep with Scarlett Johansson

You wouldn't say that if he was playing Serie A!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Silva is a level above Iniesta at the moment, it's not even a contest.
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 pm

kiranr wrote:

True, because I wouldn't be watching him every weeek if he played in Serie A banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:13 pm

eyeopener wrote:I've been a football fan for a long time (since 95) now but never been a fan of a club or a player. And until a couple monts ago i never even betrayed myself to 'like' a team or a player in particualy.

But the last couple of months i started liking David Silva because i thougt (and still think) he was mad underrated. Well, I've never even seen a player more underrated than this little guy. For me it was already a time ago clear that he was better than the likes of fabregas, ozil and iniesta and it would be a matter of time people would consider him as one of the best. thankfully more and more people, from managers to football analysts and football fans world wide, are praising the unbelievable game he is playing right now for club and country.

Personally i think that David Silva is the guy who can take the fight to messi in the debate 'who's the world's best footballer'. His reputation is growing each week. A couple of months more with the same football that he is playing now and the world's media will hail him as the best playmaker and the player with the most vision.

But were not the media. were just football fans who watch the games from saturday afternoon till sunday in the evening. so i am asking (and please dont let you're club feelings or the subjective way of thinking take control in youre opinon):

Yes at the moment he is the best playmaker, the best midfielder, and the best in term of whom I favor as a player. Still some ways off the best in terms of influence-to-achievement though. Anyway, you watched football from 95 and this is really the first player you like, I mean REALLY? affraid It's just, j.. ugh... Sad
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Sepi wrote:
kiranr wrote:

True, because I wouldn't be watching him every weeek if he played in Serie A banana

You watch City every week? How is that possible? Suspect
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Best on form, yes.

Having Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli and co in your team also helps Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm gonna have to ask you to wait on this one... I only like debates like this after december.
About a week ago we would Kaka amongst the top 5 in the world AT THIS VERY MOMENT.
By december, that's the only time you can even start.
But Silva is certainly playing very well
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

another player who suddenly turned world class after leaving valencia... not to mention he was too weak and not pl proven and bound to flop :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Silva is a absolute beast. We all have know for years. (we as in people on this forum)

Its extremely annoying to hear some of my friends and people in the media (premfaces) talking about him now.

Its as if he is a totally different player than he was at Valencia. As if he has improved ten fold.

The power of premfaces and their stupidity.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm

che wrote:another player who suddenly turned world class after leaving valencia... not to mention he was too weak and not pl proven and bound to flop :facepalm:

Time to sell them Bruno banana

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:13 pm

He isn't in Iniesta's or Xavi's class.

He's in the form of his life at the moment but the likes of Iniesta and Cesc are a class above.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

cesc is definitely not a class above silva....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Cesc is not at Iniesta level.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

che wrote:another player who suddenly turned world class after leaving valencia... not to mention he was too weak and not pl proven and bound to flop :facepalm:

It was when Thiago Silva started to become world class as David Silva is an illegitimate future child of David Villa and Thiago Silva. Cool
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Cesc a CLASS above Silva ?

Gil is trying to justify his claims pre-season that City will be fighting to finish 4th and Dzegaov > Silva again banana :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next