chinomaster182
justdoit_
LeSwagg James
Albiceleste
michael1
65 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Andres Iniesta an all-time great already?

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Vote_lcap54%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 43 ]
Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Vote_lcap46%Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 79

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by kiranr Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:14 am

He will be an all-time great when he retires and football fans will remember his name as one of the most technically gifted midfielders of all time!

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Iniesta already an all-time great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Iniesta already an all-time great?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:18 am

One of the all-time great midfielders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:26 am

he sure is

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:40 am

yes and IMO hes better than xavi...also zidane is the most over-rated player in the history of the sport...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:33 am

Sepi wrote:3 CLs, 1 EC, 1 WC, A few La Ligas.

Always shone in all those finals...

is he an all time great already or does he need to prove more ?

2nd best player in the world for me.
All time great is a awkward term to use in my opinion.

If it is to be used correctly ( if possible) you can't just throw it around.

If you were to define a player as an all time great, solely based on the titles the player won, it would be ridiculous.

Many factors must be considered.

In my opinion barcelona has such a wonderful team that it's quite hard to pin point the reason for success in a sole player.

Barcelona's success has come from group effort, and the two biggest pieces have been xavi and messi.

Iniesta is a great player who has done great things for barcelona, but not as important as xavi or messi, and albeit a good player, not good enough to be considered an all time great.

or atleast yet.
Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Anyone who doesnt think he is dont have a clue!

I once said he will become the best player in the world, well not quite yet, but hes very close...u cant name many better players than him today can u?

Hes been injured a bit and dopped in form at times over the past few years, but us Barca fans know that, the reason why Inter knocked us out of the CL was becos Iniesta were missing, its that simple. We lost such a dimension vs Inter since our left side were so much weakened without him and overall affected our creativity.

Comparing him to Xavi is actually not too relevant becos they are in fact quite different players. Iniesta cant control the tempo of a game like Xavi does, does not have as such vision and passing ability. But iniesta has many attributes Xavi has...as many know, a lot of Barca fans describe him as a mixture of Xavi and MEssi Very Happy

He still needs to develop in some areas, but with the right conditions, he is truly world class.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:38 pm

What a player. What a legend. One of the greatest of all time.

Inimitable, immense, wonderful, awe inspiring. So good.

Didn't see the game today, but saw about 10 seconds in a roadside TV of a bar where he was lobbing the ball past some hapless Turk to pass it on or some shit.
Looked like total beast mode again, like he was in the first game.

It's a huge honour to be able to witness Iniesta playing football Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Greatest Spanish player in history for me. Still has time to absolutely cement that status..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Only player in history to collect Man of the Match Awards in WC, EC and CL finals. If he isn't, no one is an all-time great.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Dem 33 spastics Mad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Prime Iniesta is definitely better than Prime Xavi for me personally.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Prime Iniesta is amazing. One of the most skilled players around for a long time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:05 am

according to the results of this poll 49% of GL members are madrid fans
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 am

Oh trust me even Madrid fans like him. He got standing ovations for nearly 2 full seasons after the last Euro and the WC before that. If there is anyone in that team Madrid fans actually like it is Iniesta
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:23 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Oh trust me even Madrid fans like him. He got standing ovations for nearly 2 full seasons after the last Euro and the WC before that. If there is anyone in that team Madrid fans actually like it is Iniesta

They are actually madrid fans though, not Ronaldo fanboys.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 pm

There is one Spanish Real Madrid fan (the older one) here that has long been a fan / admirer of Iniesta, actually most of the Barca players on seleccion, when they play for country.

In the case of Iniesta, besides his obvious talent, it's his calmnest on the field and humility on and off the field. He is a very humble guy, almost shy that makes him very likeable. I wish we had more players like him who don't let that star status go to their head.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:01 pm

One of the great player i saw week in week out. Iniesta in his Prime was mesmerizing.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:07 pm

McLewis wrote:Fantastic player. Really amazing what he can do, but better players have been overlooked when it comes to naming all-time greats.

For Spain and Barcelona, this should be unquestionable however.

Goodness me I can't remember saying this with a straight face.

:facepalm:

For sure he's a GOAT.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Of course he is. I personally hate the guy's guts, but frankly, despite being unlikable as hell, he's won everything. Especially having both a UCL as well as a WC win is impressive, and does it for me.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:52 pm

what has iniesta done to make you dislike him so much specifically? lol

i still rate xavi higher than him but it's so close and spain is so lucky to have witnessed the duo of xaviniesta
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Don't know how you can possibly dislike Iniesta. He's humble, he's quiet, stays out of the limelight despite consistently being a top 5 player in the world, he's giving (helping keep his childhood club from liquidation), he's never been terrifically overrated/have annoying fanboys, and he never shies away from the moment as he's the greatest big game player of all time.

It's not like he dives either, he may have once or twice. You could maybe say that he goes down too easy sometimes but that's all about all you could say.

Quite perplexed. Anyway, this thread is hilarious. One of the greatest midfielders of all time, easy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Easily one of the top 5 midfielders I've seen play, and will definitely say he's one of the GOATs. I rate him higher than Xavi, he just oozes class.

I even like him as a person, he shuts his mouth most of the time and makes his playing do the talking. I dunno why Viva doesn't like him. I understand just playing for Barcelona can make you seem like a douche, because there are a lot of outspoken and provocative players in there, but hell no, this guy's classy as well.

Would walk into any top 5 team midfield.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Again going AWOL for Spain in an important game. He should give that WC medal to Messi as a thank you for making his career. Overrated as hell and shouldn't be talked in the same sentence with the likes of Steven Gerrard let alone Zinedine Zidane or Xavi Hernandez.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:03 pm

he's a good scottie pippen, or robin...btw i'd rather have iniesta than gerrard. how many times has that guy back passed to opposing players? i think you're ranking gerrard way too high
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 am

Valkyrja wrote:Again going AWOL for Spain in an important game. He should give that WC medal to Messi as a thank you for making his career. Overrated as hell and shouldn't be talked in the same sentence with the likes of Steven Gerrard let alone Zinedine Zidane or Xavi Hernandez.

Zidane should thank Thuram for saving him in the 98 WC.
Pathetic all tournament getting bailed out by his teammates. Zidane should thank Henry and Wiltord for the 2000 Euro final. Wet the bed against an Italy team and had to be bailed out once more.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 am

Amazing how people forget how incredible Xavi was
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next