punkfusion1992
BarcaKizz
BeautifulGame
mzamani
TalkingReckless
42 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

"The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:i really wish we have test matches like this with bowler friendly wickets.just gives so much excitement ,i mean you anticipate,something is gonna happen every ball.I've always loved watching tests staged in south africa as it always has something for the pacers with some of the most bounciest pitches you'd get.Also Dale Steyn is currently my favourite player.

i hope they win something.i really love the South African cricket team.imo currently they have the best batsman(AB De villiers) and best fast bowler in the world.they are really like the Spain of cricket and they are very entertaining as well especially at home.in short i just love watching South Africa as i am a cricket enthusiast first and foremost and wont take loyalties into account.

In India though,we have curators preparing totally batsmen friendly wickets so its just becomes boring to watch a random batsmen making big scores and in turn the game would lead into a drab draw.there are some exceptions though.

SA are the worst bottlers always failing in the semi's or quarters...

btw indian bowlers aren't that good atm, you couldn't call any of them world class...
so they have to use their advantage which is your batters...which is a also a disadvantage in the future for tests as your best 3 batters are all 37+...

and i don't see Kohli or Raina having the mentality to play Tests

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:13 pm

imalegend wrote:i have met inzi.... he is really nice person...

meet alot of paki crickets in my time.... as my uncle is the selector/coach for Lahore Lions and he trained Razzaq and Tahir when they were young..... i think i might have meet Razzaq when i was young...as my uncle used to take me training some times

and Dad played with the like of Imran Khan, Saleem Malik when they were in Uni....all used to play in the small place....the Pakistani team would stay at my uncles Hotel in Manchester

and Salman butt used to live near in my area and his family are known gamblers....

however when it comes to cricket skills i think it skipped my generation.... my Whole family are pretty good cricket players...many captain of their clubs/uni's in Lahore.`

Which Hotel in manchester ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm

SA are the worst bottlers always failing in the semi's or quarters...

Irrespective of the results and regardless of the team not stepping up on the big occasion i appreciate their talent.thats it.

they have a supremely talented team,they really need to win something(WC or t20 wc) to make that huge leap forward.atm though they are on par with Australia and England.

btw indian bowlers aren't that good atm, you couldn't call any of them world class...
so they have to use their advantage which is your batters...which is a also a disadvantage in the future for tests as your best 3 batters are all 37+...

I agree.none of the Indian bowlers are world class.but somehow i feel curators prepare too many dead placid tracks and more often than not the Indian bowlers are on the negative end of things.

See a Zaheer khan for example who has shown his quality in England and South Africa where there are lively pitches which support pace and swing bowling.And currently there are far too less tracks of that type in India.

Which is why i somehow feel Indian Bowlers cant show their real talent in the subcontinent and henceforth fail to get a call up for abroad tours.

and i don't see Kohli or Raina having the mentality to play Tests

I agree with you on Raina but i think Kohli has the tempermant to succeed in test match cricket but clearly not on the level of our middle order atm.

Raina you know,could possibly become our gilly by playing flashy knocks late down the order i mean in the no.7 position where Gilly has played several great knocks and got Australia out of trouble.So we cant him out imo.But he definitely is not flexible.

Middle order is indeed worrying but i think there are some players that have the right skill and tempermant to replace the demi-gods of our team.Ajinkya Rahane is the one to watch out for.So yeah it could be some sort of rebuilding process come nest yr or the yr after.They just need to focus more on international cricket and less on IPL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Just watched Sri Lanka vs Pakistan T20-20

What an epic finish to the game lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Sehwag just scored a double hundred vs West Indies. Second man after Tendulkar to do so. And he does it in 140 balls!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mkdeniel Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Cricket is the very popular in the world's best sports list. I think about 20 country team participate in the international cricket. In every five years all team play together in the one country and play the world cup and one team win the world cup.

mkdeniel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Sehwag!!!! What a legend!

Australia collapse twice in the matter of two test series!? They need to rejuvenate that batting line-up, one positive though is Pattison-Cummings is gonna be a scary combo if they continue to develop like this...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

"The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special - Page 2 Empty Shane Warne - Legend

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 pm

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 am

u mad India? Clarke-GOAT
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 am

india has been crap for a while, since winning World Cup....

and dravid and sachin will be hitting 39 soon, while lax is 37.... you can't go on with a middle order which you depend on this much....

kohli has been poor in all the tests he has played in, only 22 average in 6 matches...so has Raina...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am

imalegend wrote:india has been crap for a while, since winning World Cup....

and dravid and sachin will be hitting 39 soon, while lax is 37.... you can't go on with a middle order which you depend on this much....

kohli has been poor in all the tests he has played in, only 22 average in 6 matches...so has Raina...

true as that may be thats no justification for allowing one player to hit 250 runs
also sachin, and to a degree lax, is still a boss
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am

I got up late so i missed whole day's play..banana

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:13 am

i couldve gone to the game :facepalm:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 am

fatman123 wrote:
imalegend wrote:india has been crap for a while, since winning World Cup....

true as that may be thats no justification for allowing one player to hit 250 runs
also sachin, and to a degree lax, is still a boss

sachin may be boss but he an't got that long this is his last year probably and i don't see any replacements atm...either for dravid or lax
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 am

i remember thinking the same thing when we lost McGrath, Warne, Langer, Hayden etc and we did go through a rough patch but i think we might be back on the rise, it hink the ashes will be a good measure of that
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 pm

fatman123 wrote:i remember thinking the same thing when we lost McGrath, Warne, Langer, Hayden etc and we did go through a rough patch but i think we might be back on the rise, it hink the ashes will be a good measure of that

but you did have like 1-2 years where you were bad....

you are on the rise but we have to see how well your new attack does outside Aus
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

one over, five wickets affraid
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/domestic-cricket/video-perth-scorchers-lose-five-wickets-in-frantic-final-over-of-their-innings-against-melbourne-stars/story-fn5k3es5-1226236996955
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 pm

btw Kallis :bow:, his balling has turned crap but dam his batting has good even better his 2nd 200+

77 average since 2010 and 9 hundreds 3 fifties in 17 matches in tests
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am

Clark and Kallis :bow:

such a shame for both asian teams... been taken to the cleaners...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Its better that they cancel the tour rather than get humiliated 4-0 again..:facepalm:

And these BCCI idiots are imposing themselves by opposing the UDRS.They're really ruining cricket imho..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Just :facepalm:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:05 pm

:bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:22 pm

"The Gentleman's game"- Cricket - World Cup 2019 Special - Page 2 Virat_finger_0501

losing without grace as well.:facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 am

ahh clarke you couldve at least batted all od say 3 and declared over night, you really didnt need two and a half days to take 10 wickets
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 am

we're gonna lose this 4-0 pretty sure..seriously this team is as overrated as it gets :facepalm:

And also my respect for Clarke has grown..I dint really rate him that highly as a captain and was not a huge fan of his batting style either though effective nonetheless..

Where i was really in awe of this guy was he declared when he was unbeaten on 329...Now imagine Sachin in the same position and i'm sure people would have pushed him for 400 or more..You know people in the subcontinent value personal milestones and records hugely..

But for me winning is more than anything and Clarke demonstrated that he can be a great leader for Australia..

Winning > Personal Milestones..

Though there are many arrogant pricks in the team i bow down to this really talented Australian team and most importantly Micheal Clarke..:bow: :bow: :bow:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:27 pm

The Great Bradman once declared his team when he was on 299 not out

btw Clark has worked his way up to cricket....he used to work at a cricket shop, packing and fixing bats...and he left school to do that
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next