Homeland

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homeland

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:35 pm

Are you guys watching this show?

It's great! It has a 24 vibe to it, without being all action and gun blazing, but the build up and drama is really well paced.

The show has been picked up for a second season already, here is the trailer


_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by RealGunner on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 pm

they will focus the whole series on this incident ?
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 72160
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:22 pm

@RealGunner wrote:they will focus the whole series on this incident ?

yeah, it's the guy coming back from the war and only the chick you see in the trailer suspects him of being turned.

It's been really good so far.

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by TalkingReckless on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:30 pm

don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/WLBrKyW.gif
avatar
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by elm_baraja_shaman on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Are you guys watching this show?

It's great! It has a 24 vibe to it, without being all action and gun blazing, but the build up and drama is really well paced.

The show has been picked up for a second season already, here is the trailer


what show can we see the chic in your sig in? smoking

_________________
avatar
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 5255
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 am

Oh, this show is great, so well written

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Le Samourai on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Good Season.

I think they did the wrong thing though.It should have been a miniseries and not a full fledged television show.The next season is gonna be slight disastrous.

There won't be enough real twists to keep up with the first season................it will rely on tension between charachters from here on out ie it's now a Drama rather than a psychological thriller.

I expect it to be good tho just not as good as the first season.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Mamad on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I didn't know there is a thread about this :coffee: .
avatar
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2832
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Albiceleste on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 pm

This show looks pretty interesting and I need a new one to watch after Breaking Bad season ended. torrenting season 1 as we speak banana

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by EarlyPrototype on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:19 pm

I just watched the all the episodes and I can't wait for the next one to be released. Its kinda genius how they can make so much from so little and keep you excited for the next episodes.
avatar
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by The Black Sheep on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 pm

imalegend wrote:don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US

I disagree, I think the show has done a great job of telling both sides of the story. How many episodes have you watched?

I started to watch this because of jibers and I finished season 1 in 3-4 days. The show is really well done and I advise you guys to go out and watch this show. I don't want to talk about it too much and spoil anything for anyone.

ragbirjosh wrote:Good Season.

I think they did the wrong thing though.It should have been a miniseries and not a full fledged television show.The next season is gonna be slight disastrous.

There won't be enough real twists to keep up with the first season................it will rely on tension between charachters from here on out ie it's now a Drama rather than a psychological thriller.

I expect it to be good tho just not as good as the first season.


I think they won't have trouble with twists and whatnot, the show has sooo many variable and they can use many of them to throw in twists. The tension is always going to be there and I just love the way they go about everything in this show. Some people said similar things about "Burn Notice" and how the show would get dull once Michael was unburned.

Thanks for making this thread, Nick. I agree with you about show being well written and I enjoy the actors as well, Virgil is one of my favorites. I can't remember the last show they really caught my attention like this, every episode seems so intense and I find myself trying to analyze everything. I'm thinking about re-watching season 1 as it was that amazing.

_________________
"So many people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts."
avatar
The Black Sheep
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

http://rand0m1o.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, about the show going downhill, i am not that worried about it. The writers are excellent, and with very little, and they a lot to keep the show entertaining and varied. Just look at RG's comment, you can feel the pessimism but it went fantastic.

At many points during the show they opened sub plots i thought they would dig into. For example Carrie's affair with her boss, or they attempt at her boss spying on her. One they did dig into was her affair, which to me was completely unexpected as she even fell in love with him.

They did a great job at telling it as a human experience of people and families to keep the plot alive. It's nothing like the guns ho all action 24 was.

Next season they will start tapping into the politics even more, which is always interesting no matter how you look at it.

And the Acting! mama the finale had me on the edge, Crazy Carrie was something.

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by poolsupporter on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:58 pm

My aunt and uncle have had nothing but good things to say about this show. Add the reviews here and I think it's something I should check out.
avatar
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by The Black Sheep on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Well, about the show going downhill, i am not that worried about it. The writers are excellent, and with very little, and they a lot to keep the show entertaining and varied. Just look at RG's comment, you can feel the pessimism but it went fantastic.

At many points during the show they opened sub plots i thought they would dig into. For example Carrie's affair with her boss, or they attempt at her boss spying on her. One they did dig into was her affair, which to me was completely unexpected as she even fell in love with him.

They did a great job at telling it as a human experience of people and families to keep the plot alive. It's nothing like the guns ho all action 24 was.


Next season they will start tapping into the politics even more, which is always interesting no matter how you look at it.

And the Acting! mama the finale had me on the edge, Crazy Carrie was something.


That one caught me off-guard, I did not expect that one.
Spoiler:
I was really hoping she would take her Father's advice, but who was I kidding.


My brother told me some people said "Homeland" was a better version of 24. I didn't watch 24 (although I plan to in the future). I enjoy the family and human aspect, it really shows how feelings and family can effect us and change our minds. We're not always in control and the show does a great job of incorporating that human element.

I love the acting in this show and the character development in on point. You never know what they might hit you with next and it's always difficult to guess what's going to happen next. I find myself genuinely intrigued with this show and it's not really possible to pick sides.

:bow: Homeland :bow:

_________________
"So many people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts."
avatar
The Black Sheep
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

http://rand0m1o.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by TalkingReckless on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:54 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
imalegend wrote:don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US

I disagree, I think the show has done a great job of telling both sides of the story. How many episodes have you watched?

I started to watch this because of jibers and I finished season 1 in 3-4 days. The show is really well done and I advise you guys to go out and watch this show. I don't want to talk about it too much and spoil anything for anyone.

i only watched the first few episodes when it came out.... haven't watched since then....was a bit too slow for me.... might catch it again some time later...

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/WLBrKyW.gif
avatar
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Senor Penguin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:25 pm

imalegend wrote:don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US
Huh? How does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Spoiler:
Brody explained that he only took up Islam because it was the religion closest to him, the most accessible religion at the time when he was held captive and tortured. The plot further explains how he was turned against the U.S. because of the events that happened back in Afghanistan - the wrongdoings of the vice-president and the CIA. Nothing in the plot portrays the idea that some religious brainwash or just religious preaching made him turn against the U.S.

So I ask again, how does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Anyway, on topic, I think the show is spectacular and the best show on TV atm. It was a bit too slow getting started but towards the end I fell in love with it. It's better than Dexter.

_________________

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1949
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Don't call me James on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Great show....Finished 3 episodes and in love with it

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 28121
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Abramovich on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Watched it all, Tetra you was right awesome show :bow:
avatar
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 6466
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by TalkingReckless on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

@Senor Penguin wrote:
imalegend wrote:don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US
Huh? How does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Spoiler:
Brody explained that he only took up Islam because it was the religion closest to him, the most accessible religion at the time when he was held captive and tortured. The plot further explains how he was turned against the U.S. because of the events that happened back in Afghanistan - the wrongdoings of the vice-president and the CIA. Nothing in the plot portrays the idea that some religious brainwash or just religious preaching made him turn against the U.S.

So I ask again, how does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Anyway, on topic, I think the show is spectacular and the best show on TV atm. It was a bit too slow getting started but towards the end I fell in love with it. It's better than Dexter.

read what i said after that.... that was my opinion from the watching the first 2 episodes when they came out....and thats all have watched so far.....

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/WLBrKyW.gif
avatar
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Senor Penguin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am

imalegend wrote:
@Senor Penguin wrote:
imalegend wrote:don't like the show..... Muslims already have a bad rep in US and this show will make it even worse....

i know this isn't a real thing, but some people take things too literally in US
Huh? How does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Spoiler:
Brody explained that he only took up Islam because it was the religion closest to him, the most accessible religion at the time when he was held captive and tortured. The plot further explains how he was turned against the U.S. because of the events that happened back in Afghanistan - the wrongdoings of the vice-president and the CIA. Nothing in the plot portrays the idea that some religious brainwash or just religious preaching made him turn against the U.S.

So I ask again, how does it give Muslims a worse rep?

Anyway, on topic, I think the show is spectacular and the best show on TV atm. It was a bit too slow getting started but towards the end I fell in love with it. It's better than Dexter.

read what i said after that.... that was my opinion from the watching the first 2 episodes when they came out....and thats all have watched so far.....
You prematurely evaluated an awesome show.

_________________

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1949
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by The Black Sheep on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 am

Bump.

Season 2 is blowing season 1 out of the water. Potential G.O.A.T. series on our hands in my opinion.

Would love to know how other people are feeling about this season. If you decide to go into detail please use spoiler alerts (I'm all caught up with the season, but we wouldn't wan to ruin it for others).

_________________
"So many people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts."
avatar
The Black Sheep
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

http://rand0m1o.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by urbaNRoots on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm

This show is great. Can't wait for new episode tonight.

Spoiler:
I don't get one thing though, I don't understand how the CIA overlooked Carrie's illness when allowing her back in the force. Wasn't that a major issue with them? Pretty sure I missed something.


Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add spoilers.)

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 13984
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by The Black Sheep on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I can answer your question, but I'm on my phone at the moment. Will answer with spoiler alerts when I get back home.

_________________
"So many people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts."
avatar
The Black Sheep
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

http://rand0m1o.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by The Black Sheep on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

Ok, here goes...

Season 2 - Episode 1

Spoiler:
Basically at the start of season 2, Carrie understands that her life in the CIA is over. They found out about her condition and she knew once that happened, there was nothing she could do. She thought that was the end of it and she was beginning to move on. It wasn't until Fatima Ali (her old asset) contacted the CIA and told them she was only willing to speak with Carrie. Galvez comes to Carrie's workplace on Estes' behalf and she refuses to help; it wasn't until Saul asked that Carrie agreed. She eventually makes her way to Beirut and almost gets apprehended (Saul tells her to give up, although she refuses.) She eventually manages to get away and before the episode ends, you can see her flash this smile (I read that as her being happy to be "back").

Season 2 - Episode 2-3

Spoiler:
Carrie eventually meets with her asset and finds out that she is ready to defect to the United States. Saul was supposed to be at this meeting with Fatima, but Carrie changed up the plans after almost being caught. Being that Saul wasn't there when for the meeting with Fatima, Estes was very hesitant to rely on Carrie's word (which had to be tough because she just put her life on the line for the same agency that kicked her out). They end up deciding to go through with the mission and if you recall, Brody ends up saving Abu Nazir's life after texting him a warning message. They take Fatima back to her home to get her things and Carrie insists they let her check the house for any use full information (Saul was not to happy about this), although it paid off in the end because Carrie located the microchip with Brody's confession.

When they make it back home to the States, Carrie begins to feel like she might be on her way to making it back in. She is quickly reminded that she is not a part of the CIA when Estes doesn't allow her to do the debriefing. He reminds her that she's done a great job, bu shoots down any possibility of her reinstatement. At the end of this episode Saul shows Carrie the Brody confession tape - this to me is the turning point of her "reinstatement" (I put the quotes because I don't know if she has her job back, or if she is just allowed to work the Brody case till the end).

Season 2 - Episode 4 and possible information about Episode 5-8

Spoiler:
Carrie was shown the tape first and Estes saw it second, at this point, they decided to spy on Brody. They even encourage Carrie to reconnect when Brody reaches out to her. At this point you can see Carrie is back into the mix, but they have Quinn running the actual misson.

Spoiler:
I don't think Carrie will ever get her job back, but she will be allowed to see the Brody/Nazir mission through. She's irreplaceable and comes across and less crazy because her once "false" accusations, are now know to be correct.

Sorry for the long post, I didn't want to miss anything.

_________________
"So many people don't understand the difference between opinions and facts. You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts."
avatar
The Black Sheep
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 5028
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

http://rand0m1o.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum