Zealous
S32TABLANCA
LeVersacci
Le Samourai
futbol_bill
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Khedira was missed because our only options were Coentrao and Lass!!!!!
4-2-3-1, a question to you, name me a complete player to partner Xabi in midfield Very Happy I can only think of piggy Very Happy

Pirlo, Di Rossi, Cabaye, Piggy, Busquets, Xavi, Sahin, Vidal, Hernanes, Cazorla, Valero, etc. And this is just off the top of my head.

And Khedira is more solid and consistent than most of them.

Also Cabaye LOL

Oh please... any one of those guys is better than Khedira. And if you hadn't noticed, Cabaye is carrying the Newcastle midfield and they're in 3rd place, 1 pt behind Man U. He's the best player on their team. If you don't believe me, ask Mole.

Highlighted for Various reasons.

Xavi can't do Khedira's job

Busquests can't either

Neither can Cazorla

Neither can Hernanes

Neither can Sahin

Neither can Pirlo

He is better than all others highlighted.

I would be tempted to highlight Borja , but Zeal has mad respect for him so.....

Bruno Soriano , possibly , but I haven't been checking up on him this season.Vidal as well.

Lucas Leiva.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 pm

And I forgot to mention Cesc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Yeah the guy who is having a purple patch with Newcastle in a donkey league can do that everything Khedira does...

Never mind Khedira is playing outside his comfort zone with a more defensive role with Madrid than he has with Germany or the fact that his passing stats are fantastic (second best after Xabi overall)

Pirlo is a dinosuar, De Rossi is a myth, Cabaye is just you being you (eco smile), Biscuits is the personification of the term "riding someone's coattails", Xavi is a different type of player, Sahin too, Vidal has not achieved what Khedira has in Germany, Hernanes is overrated, Cazorla is a different type of player and so is Valero.

Even then Khedira is such a complete player that he just has a natural advantage over all those guys. The man is a physical specimen, good on the ball, can read the game, can defend, set up team mates is tactically really smart and if a coach asks him to do something he'll f*cking do it.

Whatever, any no name scrub can do what he does never mind we've been looking for seven years for a player who can but failed up until now.

Last edited by Zealous on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:25 pm

@Sport. I don't even like Khedira, and I agree that he is not better than most of those guys , but most of them can't do his job.

Also he is at least as good as Vidal if not better.

I have mad respect for De Rossi , but he is inconsistent.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 pm

Leave it to the fans to grossly overrate their players lol... and leave it to the ballon d'or to blatantly choose players on the glamor teams as opposed to truly the best out there.

This board is really starting to wear me out lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Me and Babun are the only two who rave about Khedira here and it seems that some guys over at FIFA/France Football agree if this is true.

I'll leave you with this though, check our starting line up versus Barca in the CDR and the starting line up in the first leg of the CL semi's.

Tell me who is missing and then check the scores.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 pm

Zealous wrote:Me and Babun are the only two who rave about Khedira here and it seems that some guys over at FIFA/France Football agree if this is true.

I'll leave you with this though, check our starting line up versus Barca in the CDR and the starting line up in the first leg of the CL semi's.

Tell me who is missing and then check the scores.

Red card had nothing to do with it lol... Or the fact that the backup was LASS. The backup is always going to be poorer than the starter; that's why he starts. Completely irrelevant to this discussion btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 pm

The red card may not have happened if Khedira was there to help Pepe out, you never really know what could have happened.

It's not irrelevant imo because it's a great example of how in the span of three days we went from beating Barca 1-0 (could have been more) to losing 0-2 at home.

Obviously loads of factors came into to play but is it really so absurd to say that missing out on Khedira was a factor?

Doesn't that then prove that he is quite good or at least important to us?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:05 am

Zeal is just mad that Cabaye is superior to Khedira in every way eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:12 am

1) Not even mad.

2) LOL you're starting to believe your own myth eco smile (Although a part of me hopes I get proven wrong so you can be happy banana)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:14 am

Zealous wrote:1) Not even mad.

2) LOL you're starting to believe your own myth eco smile (Although a part of me hopes I get proven wrong so you can be happy banana)

Was better and achieved more in 2011, UMAD?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:35 am

Wasn't better for starters and Khedira was playing well at the very highest level.

Cabaye winning with Lille means very little because the trophy for that league is a monstrosity banana.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 am

It's maybe debatable whether khedira deserves to made the 50 list, let alone the 23 list, but among the three names mentioned by the op only di maria deserves to be ahead of khedira. Marcelo doesn't, benzema doesn't imo.

Last edited by alexander mahone on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 am

Marcelo has been better than Di Maria this calender year though. At least IMO.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:53 am

What the list of 23 does say is who are the best 2 teams in futbo!!!!

I expect the top 5 list to be all Barca / Real Madrid, possibly 1 of last 5 (#5) to be someone like Rooney. But unfortunately the winner will be Messi over Casillas.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:01 am

Well... it was Benzema, not Khedira. AS is really becoming very much like Marca unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 am

Ok,some serious overrating and underrating of khedira here.Why cant just rate him in the intermediate position?

His role in madrid is not a ball winner,rather he is responsible for slow down the opposition counters by only allowing them to move the ball side ways so that it will give enough time for one or two forwards to track back.Its not a coincidence that xabi has won almost double the ball than khedira and xabi is the one that gains alot of yellows.Clearly Xabi is the ball winner in our team.Khedira clearly s doing what he is asked to do with his superior reading of the game and high stamina and work rate.

Also khedira is not a complete player,actually he is pretty limited player.He has a decent short passing in the range of 5 or 6 meters,dont let that stats fool you he never pass the ball forward he always passes it to xabi or CBs.He isnt a destroyer,he can be easily fooled by possession keeping players and his low acceleration aint helping either.He offers nothing offensively,sure he stabilizes midfield with his positioning but is that some great achievement for a midfielder?
Also khedira isnt a play maker.If khedira is creative then granero is zidane.
We can certainly find a "All in one " pack than a limited khedira imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:18 am

Khedira is better than Chocolate fudge, deal with it :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:53 am

sportsczy wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:Come on, this is 2011 we're counting and Marcelo showed up big time after a meh start to the year, and continued on that level. So he should be in the 23 man squad.

But the ballon d'or is for the 2010/2011 SEASON. Not just half a season...

No mate, youre wrong. Its for the calendar year of 2011, which is why they wait for the CWC before announcing the winner. Rolling Eyes
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:Come on, this is 2011 we're counting and Marcelo showed up big time after a meh start to the year, and continued on that level. So he should be in the 23 man squad.

But the ballon d'or is for the 2010/2011 SEASON. Not just half a season...

No mate, youre wrong. Its for the calendar year of 2011, which is why they wait for the CWC before announcing the winner. Rolling Eyes

I know. I found out and told Z he was right on the Benz thread.

Makes no sense that they announce the best of 2011 with 3 months left lol. But then again, it's become such a crap award. Goal.com worthy lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 pm

It's supposed to give Coaches/Captains/Jornos enough time to decide and vote.

The actual voting is done way before the actual ceremony.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:
I know. I found out and told Z he was right on the Benz thread.

Rolling Eyes

Anyway, its not like they wouldnt already have decided. None of these players matter, its only Messi who will definately win. They assume I guess that nobody will randomly show up in December and become so spectacularly amazing that he makes up for the rest of the year and becomes the best player.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Regardless of who's better than who.
I have no clue why he is on this list.

If I was told to name potential ballon d'or canidates from our team, Kheidra would never cross my mind.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2