Shamirr
ÖMARz
Pedram
guest7
Mr Nick09
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for a RB? Empty Looking for a RB?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 pm

According to COPE, Mou is looking on the market for a new RB that can come in and help out Arbeloa handle the RB position, as he is happy with Ramos as CB and wants to make it permanent.

Mou said today that Ramos as CB makes the team better -ball playing CBs are crucial in a high possession, high pressing scheme.

They mentioned the use of Lass but assert that mou wants someone that can go higher. they are looking at a couple of names, but the market is short in the RBs.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Looking for a RB? Empty Re: Looking for a RB?

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:19 pm

is COPE reliable?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:21 pm

From press conferance today:

"Ramos is playing well as a centre back. I understand him being in the spotlight because he's doiing a great job. He and the team have grown, and he will remain in the centre of defence if we have Arbeloa and Fabio. He'll play as a right back if I miss either of them, no problem. I'm not looking for a right back and I don't want to sign any players in January. We are well aware of the squad we have and Ramos will play as a centre back until the team needs a right back. He, Arbeloa, Lass and Albiol can all play as full backs."
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Honestly there aren't many good RB's out there atm. we should've bought Maicon last year when Mou came to Madrid.

But still it's a good news that Mou wants to keep Ramos at the center of defense. he makes our defense line trustworthy and combining him with a bulldog CB (Pepe) would make our defense almost unbreakable. also not to mention that we have Carvalho and Varane as their replacement.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:29 pm

oh dear lord please not maicon

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:44 pm

I think you're going to see Lass get a shot at it every now and then to see how he performs as a backup. Of course, he can take the piss poor attitude that he's always had and refuse...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm

My only problem with Lass is always the release of the ball, nothing good comes out of it. He can play defensive positions and do very well, but his release is awful and it makes it harder for him to contribute else where.

Albiol is a joke as a fullback, he is incredibly slow and lethargic. Against Lyon, had he played the 45min, we would have taken a goal. Ederson who had no luck against Lass, all of a sudden started to dribble and go past the RB.

Mourinho said repeatedly that he would try to avoid signing someone in January, so it's hard to think that just because Ramos is doing well at CB, something im sure he anticipated, we now need a new player.

Bar Isla, there isnt a RB worth buying on the market in my opinion, and we might as well give a shot to Carvajal imo. If he is physically and mentally mature enough, he can handle it, but that's for the staff to determine. Danilo of Santos is a very interesting player as well, very versatile (RB, CM, DM, WB), big and two footed, but he belongs to Porto already.

Altintop not getting mentioned as a potential cover for RB lets me think that he wont stay in this club past next summer, and can leave as early as next winter. Maybe that's the opening in the roster and the incentive for a new player?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Carvajal is our long term RB solution, even Mou knows that. He came with to the Lyon game and will slowly step up and take the position that is rightfully his. Him and Sarabia will work great together Razz
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm

omarish wrote:From press conferance today:

"Ramos is playing well as a centre back. I understand him being in the spotlight because he's doiing a great job. He and the team have grown, and he will remain in the centre of defence if we have Arbeloa and Fabio. He'll play as a right back if I miss either of them, no problem. I'm not looking for a right back and I don't want to sign any players in January. We are well aware of the squad we have and Ramos will play as a centre back until the team needs a right back. He, Arbeloa, Lass and Albiol can all play as full backs."
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Wonderful news that Carvalho is benched for good.

Does this mean Varane is the heir to Pepe? hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Well i like this kyle walker guy, i watched him few times, he is like right side of robertocarlos. amazing pace. if they are intrested. just 21.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:02 pm

If Varane doesn't get some regular minutes next year, he's leaving in next summer. He was always on a 2-year plan... that was made clear by him and Madrid before he signed, which is why he ultimately chose Madrid.

With Pepe and Ramos, i give a 1% chance that Varane stays unless an injury happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:My only problem with Lass is always the release of the ball, nothing good comes out of it. He can play defensive positions and do very well, but his release is awful and it makes it harder for him to contribute else where.

Albiol is a joke as a fullback, he is incredibly slow and lethargic. Against Lyon, had he played the 45min, we would have taken a goal. Ederson who had no luck against Lass, all of a sudden started to dribble and go past the RB.

Mourinho said repeatedly that he would try to avoid signing someone in January, so it's hard to think that just because Ramos is doing well at CB, something im sure he anticipated, we now need a new player.

Bar Isla, there isnt a RB worth buying on the market in my opinion, and we might as well give a shot to Carvajal imo. If he is physically and mentally mature enough, he can handle it, but that's for the staff to determine. Danilo of Santos is a very interesting player as well, very versatile (RB, CM, DM, WB), big and two footed, but he belongs to Porto already.

Altintop not getting mentioned as a potential cover for RB lets me think that he wont stay in this club past next summer, and can leave as early as next winter. Maybe that's the opening in the roster and the incentive for a new player?

I said it in the other thread that i made, i actually thought that Lass looked mostly good in all aspects of hte RB position he played... he defended well and contributed on the flank. It wasn't perfect. But then again, it was his first game there with very little practice. Again, we'll see if he embraces the role or cops attitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:31 pm

I would really like to see Carvajal take that spot, but I know this is very unlikely to happen.

Maicon isn't coming either, Uncle Flo won't pay 30kk for someone over 30 yrs old and it's not like Mou to have only one true RB in the squad.

Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:54 pm

even if he embraces the role, he is still going to be substitute, 3rd option as RB. with Sahin back, his minutes might not improve in the midfield. He has little incentive to stay, and i dont want him to stay anyway.

as far as defending goes, he is quality, but there is always a lot of waste in his game, regardless of the position he plays. For a team that is ambituous about owning the ball, he is not interesting at all, specially when he is not a very clean player. He can make one impressive tackle, and conceded 4 cheap fouls right after.

I am not a fan of that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 pm

I disagree. He was clean as a rb and contributed plenty going forward. Reason is simple: there aren't 50 options as a rb as opposed to being a midfielder. You usually only have 1-2 options to worry about... Both offensively and defensively. Arbeloa is actually less effective going forward than lass was against Lyon.

Personal dislike of Lass aside, he was quite good.

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:22 pm

lets sign Sergio Ramos!!!
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 pm

yeah, he was good. I am not disagreeing, but his attacking contribution wasnt all that. He cant cross for one, and he barely did. He created wide runs, that was his main contribution in attack. Also, Lass isnt one for consistency, so in a grand scale argument about how he would supposedly fare, i wouldnt be convinced. As far as im concerned, Arbeloa is much better going forawrd. He is valuable for us atm, we will need that this season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm

shaven wrote:lets sign Sergio Ramos!!!

lol, i remember you always wanted him to stay as RB. I think we can all see now, he is so much more better as a CB, it's not even funny. He looks like a completely different person actually. Del Bosque is going to be very happy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 pm

If you think about it, how many CB's in the World are actually better than Ramos?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:52 pm

mtfootball wrote:If you think about it, how many CB's in the World are actually better than Ramos?
He is surfing on his form atm, i wouldnt compare him to the top CBs out there, he needs to play a lot more games in that position, top opposition, and he needs to show consistency. What he did in the clasicos as CB is a big plus, but we need to see more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Some candidates for the RB spot:

Mauricio Isla
Gregory Van der Wiel
Gonzalo Castro
Cesar Azpilicueta
Lorenzo De Silvestri

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm

carvajal is what we need for that position
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 pm

mtfootball wrote:Some candidates for the RB spot:

Mauricio Isla good option
Gregory Van der Wiel hmm this guy isnt that good
Gonzalo Castro scratch
Cesar Azpilicueta not good enough
Lorenzo De Silvestri scratch

no offense, but i think De Silvestri and Castro are just FM or fifa legends.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:02 pm

There were reports long time agora linking RM to Mário Fernandes.

He's da best in Brazil atm, but should go to Seria A.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum