Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Dnmac4 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:03 am

Villa plays as the lone striker for Spain all the time.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by bestos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:11 am

@dnmac4 wrote:Villa plays as the lone striker for Spain all the time.

Lol are you serious "all the time"? out of the 8 EC qualifiers, he started 3 as the "striker"

bestos
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:16 am

@Blue wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Torres has become a joke of a striker Very Happy Misses sitter at every turn, and in different positions. Very Happy
He is only getting the call up nowadays by charity, and for service to his NT in the Euros.

On form he is the 5th best Spanish striker atm Very Happy Villa, Llorente, Negredo, Soldado, and Adrian are all better than him. Oh, that makes him 6th :lol!:

Torres isnt deserving of NT duties no more eco smile

Discuss.

Hold up even out of form Torres is still miles better then Negredo and Adrian.


Interesting that out of the 5 strikers i mentioned, you only picked Adrian and Negredo. Are you accepting that the rest are better?

if so, then it's even funnier because la liga specialists know that Negredo > Soldado, so Negredo>Soldado>Torres Very Happy

Adrian is bursting on to the scene, such an exciting prospect, Atletico made a good operation.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by bestos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:17 am

@Zealous wrote:Now you're dealing with possibilities. Might, might not, all subjective.

Sure Llorente might not cut it, then again he could be WC if given the chance. Torres could be back and better than ever or he could just keep going on his downward spiral towards mediocrity.

The only truth is that he is being out preformed right now and has been for a year. At least.

All of Torres's reputation is based off of one season, 2008. 2008 is a long time ago in football years.

Lol you're making it sound like Torres still is a regular starter for the spanish NT when he in fact isn't, not even close. Btw calling Torres a one season wonder is bs and you know it.

bestos
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Dnmac4 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 am

@bestos wrote:
@dnmac4 wrote:Villa plays as the lone striker for Spain all the time.

Lol are you serious "all the time"? out of the 8 EC qualifiers, he started 3 as the "striker"

Yes they run out Torres when they play a team they know they can beat, but in big games like you know the world cup final and semi final against Germany and Holland Torres doesn't start and Villa is the main striker.

It's pretty standard man, I don't know how you can begin to argue this.

With VDB as manager I have no clue if this is true but I would be willing to bet they start Villa as the striker way more then the two of them together, in fact I'm almost positive I'm right as everyone knows they play better with one striker.
avatar
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:22 am

@bestos wrote:
@Zealous wrote:Raul deserves a call up more than this guy. Seriously charity call up is the perfect term ATM, especially when other strikers in Spain could (and would) do a better job.

It should be pretty clear to everyone with just a little football knowledge that the reason Torres still gets call ups is because of his talent and ability and not charity as you put it. He is by far the best spanish striker out there, when in form and that's why he keeps getting these call ups. Another advantage by playing him now even when he's not in form is that he'll still stay familiar with the system and players when he actually returns to form.

welcome on the forum.

I do disagree with you tho, talent is still there, but it's not everything. And ability? well, he isnt showing any.

I think PLayers like Llorente, Negredo or Soldado have been showing a lot more quality that he has in club in the past year or so.

The old Torres is gone now, he can only do magic in Fifa or PES.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by lszanto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 am

Agreed that his play over the past year doesn't deserve a starting place. However if he gets some confidence and plays like the Torres of old none of the strikers mentioned even come close to how good he can be.

Disagree that he is past it, it's a matter of drive and effort to get back to the level we all know he can play at.
avatar
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Dnmac4 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:28 am

@bestos wrote:
@Zealous wrote:Now you're dealing with possibilities. Might, might not, all subjective.

Sure Llorente might not cut it, then again he could be WC if given the chance. Torres could be back and better than ever or he could just keep going on his downward spiral towards mediocrity.

The only truth is that he is being out preformed right now and has been for a year. At least.

All of Torres's reputation is based off of one season, 2008. 2008 is a long time ago in football years.

Lol you're making it sound like Torres still is a regular starter for the spanish NT when he in fact isn't, not even close. Btw calling Torres a one season wonder is bs and you know it.

Dude you are all over the place with your posts. First you argue that Spain need a world class striker because Villa plays winger so Torres can play, then in the same thread you say Torres isn't a normal starter for Spain anymore. Make up your mind man, here are your posts below.

"Villa is WC for spain but because he's often being used on the wing i didn't count him as just a "striker" and therefore they also need one more WC striker."

"Lol are you serious "all the time"? out of the 8 EC qualifiers, he started 3 as the "striker""

"Lol you're making it sound like Torres still is a regular starter for the spanish NT when he in fact isn't, not even close. Btw calling Torres a one season wonder is bs and you know it."
avatar
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Lord Hades on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 am

Sepi wrote:Torres started Spain's dominance in 2008.

Stop this non-sense

lol what

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Lord Hades on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 am

Sepi wrote:Torres = World Cup winner, EC Winner

Benz & Higgy = La Liga winners & Copa Del Ray winners


raul albiol world cup winner

arbeloa - wc winner, ec winner

your point being

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by bestos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 am

@dnmac4 wrote:
@bestos wrote:
@Zealous wrote:Now you're dealing with possibilities. Might, might not, all subjective.

Sure Llorente might not cut it, then again he could be WC if given the chance. Torres could be back and better than ever or he could just keep going on his downward spiral towards mediocrity.

The only truth is that he is being out preformed right now and has been for a year. At least.

All of Torres's reputation is based off of one season, 2008. 2008 is a long time ago in football years.

Lol you're making it sound like Torres still is a regular starter for the spanish NT when he in fact isn't, not even close. Btw calling Torres a one season wonder is bs and you know it.

Dude you are all over the place with your posts. First you argue that Spain need a world class striker because Villa plays winger so Torres can play, then in the same thread you say Torres isn't a normal starter for Spain anymore. Make up your mind man, here are your posts below.

"Villa is WC for spain but because he's often being used on the wing i didn't count him as just a "striker" and therefore they also need one more WC striker."

"Lol are you serious "all the time"? out of the 8 EC qualifiers, he started 3 as the "striker""

"Lol you're making it sound like Torres still is a regular starter for the spanish NT when he in fact isn't, not even close. Btw calling Torres a one season wonder is bs and you know it."

How are my posts "all over the place"? There is no context between Spain needing a WC striker and Torres not being a regular starter.
That's exactly the reason why i'm arguing that they should give playing time to Torres once in a while, because they have no real WC striker.
Villa doesn't just play on the wing when Torres plays but with the rest of the strikers as well and that's most of the games. (Villa only started 3 games as the "striker" out of 8 games in the EC Qualifiers, despite Torres only starting in 2 games)


Last edited by bestos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:35 am; edited 4 times in total

bestos
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by bestos on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:49 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@bestos wrote:
@Zealous wrote:Raul deserves a call up more than this guy. Seriously charity call up is the perfect term ATM, especially when other strikers in Spain could (and would) do a better job.

It should be pretty clear to everyone with just a little football knowledge that the reason Torres still gets call ups is because of his talent and ability and not charity as you put it. He is by far the best spanish striker out there, when in form and that's why he keeps getting these call ups. Another advantage by playing him now even when he's not in form is that he'll still stay familiar with the system and players when he actually returns to form.

welcome on the forum.

I do disagree with you tho, talent is still there, but it's not everything. And ability? well, he isnt showing any.

I think PLayers like Llorente, Negredo or Soldado have been showing a lot more quality that he has in club in the past year or so.

The old Torres is gone now, he can only do magic in Fifa or PES.

Thanks, i don't disagree with Torres being outperformed by those players in the past year or even longer but none of them are WC and that's the reason these call ups are being given to Torres, because he might just become it again, i'm not saying that he will, but the possibility is there, unlike with the other spanish strikers out there.
I ain't arguing he should be first choice or a regular starter but i don't think it's wrong to keep calling him and letting him start once in a while.

bestos
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:41 am

I see what you mean, but the young Spanish strikers coming up now needs to be given bigger shoes to fill, so that we know for sure the extent of their talent.

Torres wasnt all that in la liga, yet he moved to England and became the best thing after tea overnight.

Llorente is not disappointing with Spain, he looks like a real monster with them, he deserves and he earned the starting spot.

Just like negredo for example who have shown a lot more than Torres. If TOrres is to build back his WC again, then maybe he should think about doing it in club first, like everybody does.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by CBarca on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:45 am

idk if someone pointed this out, but the thread title is a double negative...just so ya know Very Happy

And i agree. At least right now, until he finds form, he isn't good enough Sad

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16900
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Blue on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@Blue wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Torres has become a joke of a striker Very Happy Misses sitter at every turn, and in different positions. Very Happy
He is only getting the call up nowadays by charity, and for service to his NT in the Euros.

On form he is the 5th best Spanish striker atm Very Happy Villa, Llorente, Negredo, Soldado, and Adrian are all better than him. Oh, that makes him 6th :lol!:

Torres isnt deserving of NT duties no more eco smile

Discuss.

Hold up even out of form Torres is still miles better then Negredo and Adrian.


Interesting that out of the 5 strikers i mentioned, you only picked Adrian and Negredo. Are you accepting that the rest are better?

if so, then it's even funnier because la liga specialists know that Negredo > Soldado, so Negredo>Soldado>Torres Very Happy

Adrian is bursting on to the scene, such an exciting prospect, Atletico made a good operation.

Not accepting any of those guys are better. But right now for the upcoming international break i would pick those guys over Torres.



avatar
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2418
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm

@Blue wrote:

Not accepting any of those guys are better. But right now for the upcoming international break i would pick those guys over Torres.


Well, this is a start.

I'm going to assume that you dont watch much of la liga, maybe i am wrong, but those guys a lot more clinical strikers than Torres, and they are proving it to this day.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by lszanto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@Blue wrote:

Not accepting any of those guys are better. But right now for the upcoming international break i would pick those guys over Torres.


Well, this is a start.

I'm going to assume that you dont watch much of la liga, maybe i am wrong, but those guys a lot more clinical strikers than Torres, and they are proving it to this day.

Well right now they are more clinical, but Torres at his peak came second only to prime Villa.
avatar
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

@lszanto wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@Blue wrote:

Not accepting any of those guys are better. But right now for the upcoming international break i would pick those guys over Torres.


Well, this is a start.

I'm going to assume that you dont watch much of la liga, maybe i am wrong, but those guys a lot more clinical strikers than Torres, and they are proving it to this day.

Well right now they are more clinical, but Torres at his peak came second only to prime Villa.

Yes he did, and he was superb, but injuries ruin him.

Atm, Spain needs a presence in the box that is going to be at the end of movements and let Villa, Silva, Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and etc, feed him for fun. Torres isnt that. When he regains his form, we will talk about him. But for now, he is like the old toy no one is playing with, but no one wants to put away.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by lszanto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah I think Torres thrives under certain styles of play, thus why hes struggling to find his feet at Chelsea.
avatar
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 pm

All the players Nick mentioned are better than Torres atm can we stop with this Torres at his peak his better crap if that was the case then Kaka is still Brazil's best player. The coach needs to call up players based on their form not what Torres did 3 years ago lol.

Llorente easily deserves a place over Torres atm.

avatar
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 pm

He is also half the player he used to be. His overwhelming athleticism is gone, not sure who would win a foot race between Albiol and Torres nowadays.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Remember when Torres got his form back this season?

He then proceeded to miss an open net.

I don't really care for what players have done in the past. Perhaps he will get back to his old self, but that has nothing to do with now. Let other players get the opportunity to prove themselves, I don't see how anyone can logically argue against that. At this point other Spanish strikers must be losing some morale, or thinking about what they have to do to earn a NT call up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:52 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Remember when Torres got his form back this season?

He then proceeded to miss an open net.

I don't really care for what players have done in the past. Perhaps he will get back to his old self, but that has nothing to do with now. Let other players get the opportunity to prove themselves, I don't see how anyone can logically argue against that. At this point other Spanish strikers must be losing some morale, or thinking about what they have to do to earn a NT call up.

Very good post Tetra, and although i believe in the "class is permanent and form is temporary" adage, when a player like Torres has suffered so much of injuries and his n1 weapon is gone, i.e. his explosiveness, i have a lot of concerns.

If he does, good for him, but as you said, at the moment, he isnt fit to serve soup to Godrente or Negredo. Those guys work their butt off to perform in league and show their worth, yet the phat blondie is still getting preferential treatment when he plays like heskey.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Llorente again showed why he needs to be spain main starter, even without scoring tonight, great game. Immaculate touch, he doesnt waste a ball, fantastic passer, and occupy two CBs at once.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28317
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by S32TABLANCA on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Llorente was great. When Benz was sucking beginning of last year, I really wanted him. He hasnt been in such good form since then though.
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Babun on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 am

Llorente deserves a shot at starting, Negredo as well Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Torres is not deserving of NT football anymore

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum