Busby Babe
DagenhamDave
RealGunner
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Andreas Pereira Empty Andreas Pereira

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Manchester United have won the race to sign PSV Eindhoven's Brazilian-born midfielder Andreas Pereira.

The 15-year-old is regarded as one of the finest players for his age in Europe with most of the elite sides keen on him. But Pereira is set to move to Old Trafford next year.

He said: 'I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club.

'Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me.

'I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look.

'I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great.' he told VoetbalPrimeur.

Pereira moved to Belgium as a child and has been capped at youth level. PSV signed him from local side Lommel United but United look set to bring him to Old Trafford.

DailyMail

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Andreas Pereira Empty Re: Andreas Pereira

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:15 pm

cant say i know too much about him, definately one for the future. look forward to seeing him in action
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Actually a thread for him Shocked Anyway, played a CM in this game than his usual #10 role, so he's still learning it. LvG trying to phase Anderson, Fellaini and Fletch hopefully. LvG and Giggs were also in the stands.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrickature Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Not seen that much of him. Although I know he was highly rated in the youth side - although he has a tendency to run hot and cold.

However, LVG seems to like him and despite all this rubbish about buying success LVG really is adamant about bringing through youth. So watch this space.
Carrickature
Carrickature
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Yeah, he does blow hot and cold. I'm hoping a change of position will help him in that aspect. Also, welcome to goallegacy Smile
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Molenation :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:32 am

This lad has to be in the 1st team next season as the direct replacement for Herrera (in cup games ). Hoping to see a strong pre-season performance which will give him confidence. LvG rates him as well Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Hope the lad goes to pre-season, which he most likely will. Clearly took the u-20 tournament seriously, good passion.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:15 am

This young guy looks already better than Januzaj ever did. I mean, he can put decent crosses in the box, he is pacey and doesn't exaggerate with individual actions.

I hope Louis van Gaal will use him properly, he could give us a great boost in difficult moments.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:30 am

Merit game time ahead of Ashley young in that left flank now that lvg it seems has made up his mind regarding how wrongly he is planning to use Memphis.
He brings flair n trickery as a left winger. even though young will put better defensive shift.

So who u guys prefer ? young or pereira for the 1st match ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 am

Young, but Pereira could get some minutes in the 2nd half if we will be leading and controlling the game.

However, I have a feeling that he won't play.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:26 am

What a talent.

I'm going to be a bit cautious in hyping him up too much as we've seen before with the youngsters in pre-season, they look great, but when the real games start, some tend to struggle, ie Lingard, Blackett, Reece James, etc. Even januzaj has hit a downward slope in form.

Pereira has all the ingredients to make it. Came on against PSG and instantly made an impact. Delivered some excellent balls into the box, and generally made the right decision everytime he had the ball.

Should definitely see some game time in the starting 11 this season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:53 am

I have a bad feeling for our youngsters. I don't believe Louis van Gaal will want to use them. I think he'll stick to the experienced players.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Well, that is one area have some confidence in lvg. He will give youth the chance to prove, remember Wilson, McNair last season. He gave them a lot of game time.
Unlike the mourinjos or ancelottis of this world he is someone who puts a priority to that aspect.
Just got that feeling now that we aren't actually actively on the lookout for a new forward Wilson, Januzaj will get the nod to play there. And since di Maria is quitting on the club even if we sign a replacement, still there would only be 4 wingers for 2 positions. So Pereira too will get minutes as substitutes early on in cup competitions.

I think lvg is a kind of a coach whose preference list generally goes in the order of
a. players who he believes fits his philosophy strictly, even inferior players like Young and Valencia fall in that category.
b. players who he have worked with previously (already knowing his philosophy hence) (BLIND!!! Romero)
c. young players who he can mould into once again carry out his philosophy.
d. players however talented they are but who unfortunately he thinks won't fit into his philosophy. (where Herrera and Smalling stands right now sadly).

So I believe the likes of Pereira and Wilson and McNair will be getting ample minutes/ability this season than someone like Ander ( at least at the start).

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Glory wrote:Well, that is one area have some confidence in lvg. He will give youth the chance to prove, remember Wilson, McNair last season. He gave them a lot of game time.
Unlike the mourinjos or ancelottis of this world he is someone who puts a priority to that aspect.
Just got that feeling now that we aren't actually actively on the lookout for a new forward Wilson, Januzaj will get the nod to play there. And since di Maria is quitting on the club even if we sign a replacement, still there would only be 4 wingers for 2 positions. So Pereira too will get minutes as substitutes early on in cup competitions.

I think lvg is a kind of a coach whose preference list generally goes in the order of
a. players who he believes fits his philosophy strictly, even inferior players like Young and Valencia fall in that category.
b. players who he have worked with previously (already knowing his philosophy hence) (BLIND!!! Romero)
c. young players who he can mould into once again carry out his philosophy.
d. players however talented they are but who unfortunately he thinks won't fit into his philosophy. (where Herrera and Smalling stands right now sadly).  

So I believe the likes of Pereira and Wilson and McNair will be getting ample minutes/ability this season than someone like Ander ( at least at the start).

LvG himself said he has played with Blackett, McNair and Januzaj mostly because we had many injured players.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:29 pm

That's one way if looking at it for sure and its true to an extent. But I can recall instances when he brought in wilson on as a sub when he had falcao on the bench. And that happened more than once.
And also its a known thing lvg's record with the youth. And that's one of the reasons why we appointed him its said. So.. you know. Its not the first thing I worry regarding our team selections right now.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 am

Glory wrote:Just got that feeling now that we aren't actually actively on the lookout for a new forward Wilson, Januzaj will get the nod to play there.

I hope it won't be like this.

Well, if Rooney is the only World Class player in attack, with Wilson and Chicha his reserves, can't be a good thing.

Even for our captain Rooney, there shall be a competition for his position. A new arrival, a quality striker should help Rooney, Wilson and Chicha to grow their level of play and motivate them much more.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:06 pm

The potential of this kid is crazy. It will be quite depressing if we let him off to Leicester(as reported). Perhaps we can let him go with a buy back clause like Pool did with Ibe.
Cant see him getting a look in with all those midfielders we have got and rooney.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:06 pm

He should've been in the olympic team in Felipe Anderson's place.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Very true. But cant really blame the selectors i guess. How can we expect them to know his caliber if they arent actually getting to see it.
He could have played at least 20 games in all comps last season easily for us in an injury ravaged side. Scrubs like Lingard and Depay got plenty of chances to showcase their game but not this kid. Its insane.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Lingard wasn't that bad in my opinion. hmm
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Lingard is a decent player. His workrate and everything is quite good and has terrific pace as well. But is he United quality ? I am not saying we should sell him. No. He can be a more than decent squad option but not anything more. His final end product for me is seriously poor for an attacking player.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Oh, many players weren't United level last season. It's hard to play at a high level when the tactics don't help you at all. So it wasn't their fault. Individually, many of them can be much better. Hopefully, Jose Mourinho's arrival will change the situation.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Glory wrote:Very true. But cant really blame the selectors i guess. How can we expect them to know his caliber if they arent actually getting to see it.
He could have played at least 20 games in all comps last season easily for us in an injury ravaged side. Scrubs like Lingard and Depay got plenty of chances to showcase their game but not this kid. Its insane.

Andreas actually got some minutes in friendlies for our olympic team and even in limited time he managed to look a lot better than Felipe Anderson who seemed to be his competition.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next