hrealmadrid
the xcx
Adit
izzy
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 3 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 pm

M'vila = Hummels in the midfield

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm

mvila
sahin xabi

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 pm

deezydeez wrote:
mvila
sahin xabi
nah,having 1 of sahin and xabi is enufff ,we need ozil Twisted Evil
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Xabi alonso has bad ball control? I've heard it all now adit smoking
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

He does Giggity, he is not so great at retaining the ball under pressure, hence why he suffered vs barca for so long.

@Adit&Babun, you could steal try to hustle Malaga by giving them Kaka for Cazorla, we will all be happy

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Nick, really, this infatuation with M'vila is getting a little creepy..

Babun said its hard to find complete midfielders and that's who we should be looking for, I would bring in Italians. I know Real Madrid doesn't have the best track record with them, but they do make some of the most awesome midfield all-rounders
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 pm

You can bring up anyone you want, as long as they have enough quality, i dont mind.

Infatuation? I spent the past couple of days arguing against M'vila. every one gets some air time.

I am mentioning a player we have been linked to, and trying to discuss how he would fit, or not within our team.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:Nick, really, this infatuation with M'vila is getting a little creepy..

Babun said its hard to find complete midfielders and that's who we should be looking for, I would bring in Italians. I know Real Madrid doesn't have the best track record with them, but they do make some of the most awesome midfield all-rounders
Thanks for the hint, I found the guy! eco smile

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 3 17142_ori_montolivo

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/riccardo-montolivo/profil/spieler_19446.html

This guy qulifies for our needs, much better than a pure DM, works a lot, tracks back and can go forward eco smile
I found the guy we're looking for, Nick and Adit eco smile
He'd be a real improvement in our 4-2-3-1 over Khedira Very Happy
If we let go of Lass, Granero and Altintop, promote Alex and sign this guy, we're more than set afterwards Very Happy
We only need to figure out how to bring up Carvajal, he is really needed in two years eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Montolivo? :lol!:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:00 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Montolivo? :lol!:
Someone doesn't have a clue eco smile Time for gen section, I won't bother to explain all of his specialities here eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Do you play montolivo and Sahin together? Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Do you play montolivo and Sahin together? Very Happy
Yeah, he is a work horse type, a little bit worse than Vidal but he'll do eco smile I made a thread in gen section eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 pm

The truth is he cannot fit unless there is an exodus of unwanted midfield baggage, as mentioned Lass, Granero (although it kills me to say it), and Altintop- who is not Real Madrid quality and I still don't understand why we signed him.

Then we'll have Xabi, Sahin, Khedira and M'vila who would all be deserving potential starters, competing for only two slots. Sounds like a mess.

I say we just cart off Altintop and Granero and hold what we have.

If we run into an injury crisis, we can still slot in Coentrao.

So for M'vila i'm afraid it's a NO!

We are sufficiently covered everywhere. Maybe one extra world class CB is needed but only if Ramos moves back to RB.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Montolivo cant defend, he isnt a workhorse like Vidal, no freaking chance, and he is flimsy, skinny midfielder. great technically, good passe with vision, but he cant handle the double pivot without a guy like Khedira next to him. he is more akin to Sahin than anything

@Giovani, I talked about all that in my OP.

we have we have ronaldo, benzema, higuain, Ozil, Kaka, Di maria competing for 4 spots, no one complains. and we are talking about adding another winger.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:10 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Montolivo? :lol!:

Montolivo is actually exactly the player I had in mind but will of course never find himself in Spain one day.

Nick you laugh, but have you seen his performances for Azzurri lately? The guy has it all- passing short and long, amazing long range shot, immense touch and he can steal the ball. I would put him next to Xabi over any of the players we currently have.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 pm

I know well about his technical qualities, and yeah you can play him next to Xabi, but would you do the same with Sahin? it's all i need to hear about. He has a nice work rate, but it's different than having the required positioning in our new scheme. Keep in mind that the lone DM, Xabi, is heavily involved with the defense and often drops deep to play alongside them.

I'm thinking long term, but i hear you.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:16 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Montolivo cant defend, he isnt a workhorse like Vidal, no freaking chance, and he is flimsy, skinny midfielder. great technically, good passe with vision, but he cant handle the double pivot without a guy like Khedira next to him. he is more akin to Sahin than anything

we have we have ronaldo, benzema, higuain, Ozil, Kaka, Di maria competing for 4 spots, no one complains. and we are talking about adding another winger.

Honestly now you've stopped thinking bro.

You don't put him next to Khedira, he takes the guys place and pivots with Xabi.

I agree with you that he is nothing like Vidal, don't know what Babun is talking about there. But he can defend. Besides Khedira is not a God or something, he is slow as feck and continuously out of position due to his erratic bursts forward down the right.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Montolivo is doing pretty decent recently. But he was not all that good as early as all of last year... need more than a couple of good months to pull the trigger on a guy. Lets see if he can have a good full season and then come back and confirm it for a second season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Montolivo cant defend, he isnt a workhorse like Vidal, no freaking chance, and he is flimsy, skinny midfielder. great technically, good passe with vision, but he cant handle the double pivot without a guy like Khedira next to him. he is more akin to Sahin than anything

You don't put him next to Khedira, he takes the guys place and pivots with Xabi.

I agree with you that he is nothing like Vidal, don't know what Babun is talking about there. But he can defend. Besides Khedira is not a God or something, he is slow as feck and continuously out of position due to his erratic bursts forward down the right.

What do you disagree about in my post?

The thing is that our future is named Sahin, the question should very much be, can he play next to Sahin.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

The thing is that our future is named Sahin, the question should very much be, can he play next to Sahin.
Montolivo is a CM that can defend, a complete one eco smile Yeah, you could pair him with Sahin because Sahin defends and steals the ball as well. It's better this way than designating the role to a DM and letting Sahin do the rest. This way, teams wouldn't be able to gang up on one of them eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Montolivo is doing pretty decent recently. But he was not all that good as early as all of last year... need more than a couple of good months to pull the trigger on a guy. Lets see if he can have a good full season and then come back and confirm it for a second season.
We're talking about a summer signing. If he sucks, he won't be a candidate but as of now, observed by me, he possesses the qualities we need in our double pivot Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

I'm still going to need a hell of a lot of convincing before I will buy into the concept of a future midfield built around Nuri Sahin.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Montolivo can't really defend babun... he's just not physical enough. Sure, for a CM he's ok. But in no way is he considered a good defender. He's much better than what he used to be, which is a credit to him.

Sahin+Montolivo would be a disaster defensively. Montolivo with Khedira or Alonso would work... but then, what would be the point? Besides, Montolivo is 26 and would not want to rotate. These are his prime years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
I'm still going to need a hell of a lot of convincing before I will buy into the concept of a future midfield built around Nuri Sahin.

Oh that's your problem? you dont rate Sahin and sees Montolivo as a better option for his role? oh well
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:40 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

Oh that's your problem? you dont rate Sahin and sees Montolivo as a better option for his role? oh well

Sahin>>>>>>Montolivo. People keep forgetting that Sahin was Bundi player of the year in 2010-2011.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:Montolivo can't really defend babun... he's just not physical enough. Sure, for a CM he's ok. But in no way is he considered a good defender. He's much better than what he used to be, which is a credit to him.

Sahin+Montolivo would be a disaster defensively. Montolivo with Khedira or Alonso would work... but then, what would be the point? Besides, Montolivo is 26 and would not want to rotate. These are his prime years.
He can defend, Sahin can as well. Combine them and we're covered Very Happy They don't have to play DMs, they're present to pressure and make steals together with the team. Both of them steal the ball better than Khedira, just need to organize the pressing properly Very Happy
By the way, he is free next year, it might work Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next