The Messiah
Babun
VivaStPauli
MatthiasSammer
11 posters

Go down

Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Empty Matthias Sammer appreciation thread

Post by MatthiasSammer Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

To the best sports director and tactician in the world.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

MatthiasSammer
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Empty Sammer replacing Nerlinger

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:38 pm

So Sammer has been brought in to replace Christian Nerlinger as Sporting Director.

Great addition, Sammer has been a great influence for the DFB, expect Bayern to act a lot more decisively with their youth work and signings. He's a guy willing to flex some intellectual and financial muscle for sure.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Empty Re: Matthias Sammer appreciation thread

Post by Babun Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:45 pm

They injected brains finally eco smile Nerlinger was an idiot. I don't get how Bayern hired him...
He let Özil, Khedira and Reus go, made expensive contracts with Robbery and Gomez ( I'd sell Robben) eco smile
His statements were a disgrace. How could he belittle Dortmund if Bayern didn't win a single match against them in 2 years? Or when he said Özil isn't good enough for Bayern :facepalm:
Thanks to him we're a lot stronger eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Empty Re: Matthias Sammer appreciation thread

Post by The Messiah Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Well! I spoke about it earlier this morning on the previous thread, didn't think it deserved a thread.

Well.....I never like him and he has made terrible mistake for not signing players when players were needed
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Sammer better brings in players, the earlier the better.

We still need Dzeko and Martinez and Lucio
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Sammers Goals as Sport of director Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Tumblr_m6jyetGnnV1qzv15e

Sammer the Player

1976–1990: SG Dynamo Dresden (2x DDR Champion, 1x DDR Cup winner)
1990–1992: VfB Stuttgart (1x German Champion)
1992: Inter Mailand
1993–1998: Borussia Dortmund (2x German Champion, 1x CL & World Club Cup winner)
1986–1990: DDR-Nationalmannschaft
1990–1997: Deutschland (1996: European Champion)

Sammer the Trainer and Sporting Director

2000–2004: Borussia Dortmund (2002: German Champion)
2004–2005: VfB Stuttgart
2006-2012: DFB Sporting Director

His Philosophy

- He has a manual with 5 qualities he expects from players that should be developed to a world class format:
*Physique
*Stamina
*Technique
*Tactics
*Personality
- In his eyes, you can’t say that all players are equal. He divides them in 3 categories and thinks you need a good mix of all 3:
*Leaders (Lahm)
*Teamplayers (Khedira)
*Individualists (Özil)
- Doesn’t agree with the slogan “The team is the star”, thinks you need to acknowledge the individual
- He says a team can’t be successful without structures and hierarchy
- Thinks youth players have to be better prepared, have to become more complex and the focus should be on technique and tactics
- Says emotionality (especially in a coach) is very important and wants the players to be positively emotional
- Wants to see more corner, penalty and free-kick training because he thinks German teams lost their strength in that department
- Doesn’t believe in adapting the Spanish mentality, wants to focus on own qualities and identity
- Considers the win of the U-18 European Championship in 1986 as his most important title because that’s when he first learned what it felt like to win and it kept him hungry, made him want more.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Bayern wants to finally move forward in the transfer market and finally he will help us eliminate those cancers in the form of Dortmund. The snake to our mongoose, or the mongoose to our snake. Either way I don't like them.

I'm always against bringing a Dortmunder to FCB, especially Sammer, but desperate times call for desperate measures, as the saying goes. This will have an impact not just on our players but also on Dortmund because Sammer was once their soul and their idol.

This is a good move, to replace Nerlinger as a man with no personality with the charismatic Sammer, a man who will turn some things around, the way they should be. I don't think they will fights any more, players will be as sweet as kittens...

Thumbs up for the board!
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:15 am

Nice. Mehrlinger never really got me going. I mean, it's not like he did a horrible job but considering how all the top German talent has been poached outside Germany it just seems so un Bayern-like.

Imagine the chemistry or Khedira and Özil/Reus playing for Bayern. Germany would be Spain the 2nd.

Every transfer season the team would be left with clear holes somewhere, but with the money to fix them.

I'm not sure how much of this is due to Nerlinger, Hoeness, or simply the Kaiser stepping down, though...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Best possible option Very Happy i'm so happy about this. I never liked "Lehrlinger", he had no charisma and no personality, he was just the little dog of Hoeneß without a direct opinion.

With Sammer we get one of the most if not the most qualified and competent football-expert we have in germany.
He was the key in our german youth-development reformation.

I just saw the PK, in his first statements was more substance than in Nerlingers whole career. He talked about big transfer(s) coming this summer and about Martinez.
He sounds very motivated. He also said that there will be no excuses for our national players for bad performances at the bgeinning of the season. Hopefully they will get kicked their asses to perform Very Happy
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 pm

"We must, want and will be successful imediately, because WE are THE FC BAYERN"

Smile

has Nerlinger said something like this at any time? The last thing i remember he said we are not the number one in germany anymore hmm
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:"We must, want and will be successful imediately, because WE are THE FC BAYERN"

Smile

has Nerlinger said something like this at any time? The last thing i remember he said we are not the number one in germany anymore hmm

I'm better than Nerlinger and it was obvious no Bayern fan liked him and his disgusted transfer policy.

I hope Sammer is able to bring in Martinez and another winger or striker, Adriano is not also a bad ideal if Contento goes out on loan...

I'm really excited about this.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm

The Messiah wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:"We must, want and will be successful imediately, because WE are THE FC BAYERN"

Smile

I'm better than Nerlinger and it was obvious no Bayern fan liked him and his disgusted transfer policy.

I hope Sammer is able to bring in Martinez and another winger or striker, Adriano is not also a bad ideal if Contento goes out on loan...

you have to watch the press conference and the interviews from today , so many classy statements from him
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Smile

you have to watch the press conference and the interviews from today , so many classy statements from him

I'm watching it right now, he's more charismatic than Nerlinger and I don't think he will allow Hoeness throw him around.

lets be honest, I'm more charismatic than Nerlinger, it was a really bad move on our part to higher Nerlinger and if we comeback to our winning days it will be obvious he played a big role in all this disappointment.

But we also have a strong squad, so I'm a bit confused as to how he will sign new players since our team is already so strong. Perhaps maybe a few players will have to follow Nerlinger and if you ask me to mention those players I would say.

I like Tymo but he has no future with us anymore, so it's ok if he leaves and Martinez and Sahin are acquired. Van Buyten should also go and perhaps Sammers can persuade Hummels to join us, since he's more charismatic than Nerlinger.

All this can be achieved over 2 years, especially since he also mention that Pep will come maybe next season.

Special project for this season will be to send Contento out on loan, Can out on loan and Weiser out on loan.

Signing Martinez and Adriano will be sufficient.

Also I am not entirely convince about signing Mandzukic, I think 3 games in Euro is not sufficient to evaluate a player.

We need to look at bringing an individualist attacker, Gomez is to stagnant and too dependant on other players.

We need more players, we need a better strategy

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:15 pm

FC Bayern has extended the contract of Matthias Sammer, which was bound to run out in summer 2015, so Sammer will stay Bayern's sports director until 2018.

Sammer called the talks over the extension "uncomplicated" (FOCUS begs to differ), said he feels "at home" at Bayern, said he's "honoured" to keep "serving" the club and called it a "huge joy and pleasure" to work with Pep.

Thumbs up

http://www.fcbayern.de/de/news/news/2014/fcb-verlaengert-mit-sportvorstand-matthias-sammer-191114.php
http://www.fcbayern.de/de/news/news/2014/sammer-ich-fuehle-mich-hier-zu-hause-pk-zusammenfassung-191114.php
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Time to continue this thread cheers

FC Bayern has extended the contract of Matthias Sammer, which was bound to run out in summer 2015, so Sammer will stay Bayern's sports director until 2018.

Sammer called the talks over the extension "uncomplicated" (FOCUS begs to differ), said he feels "at home" at Bayern, said he's "honoured" to keep "serving" the club and called it a "huge joy and pleasure" to work with Pep.

Thumbs up

http://www.fcbayern.de/de/news/news/2014/fcb-verlaengert-mit-sportvorstand-matthias-sammer-191114.php
http://www.fcbayern.de/de/news/news/2014/sammer-ich-fuehle-mich-hier-zu-hause-pk-zusammenfassung-191114.php
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Sammer to fire Guardiola on the spot. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:11 pm

No way, Sammer's got a man crush on Pep Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:51 pm

It was an awful error by us to have him sold in 1993, he would have continued our great tradition of German players with Rummenigge Matthaus Brehme and Klinsmann

He is also a great tactician and sports director I suppose, well it was  not difficult to imagine him considering his great intelligence as player
The Ossis Matthias Sammer :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Matthias Sammer appreciation thread Empty Sammer leaving Bayern

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:46 am

WTF is going on.

Breaking News by BILD, supported by kicker and tz, that Sammer is quitting as Bayern DoF effective immediately.

scratch

IMO that's terrible news and I hope that it's due to his recent health issues (he had blood circulation problems in the brain) and not because of some shit like Hoeness returning and restaking his claim.
Well, "I hope" not in the sense that I wish bad health on him, but you know..

Sammer's time at Bayern is synonymous with success. Troubling news tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:04 pm

"The position of Matthias Sammer will not be filled until further notice," Rummenigge said.

"We will divide his responsibilities, as we have done since April, within the existing structure at Bayern."

Wish him a fast recovery to 100%! Bayern will miss him, therefore football will miss him...Maybe he just needs a break and he will come back after.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:50 pm

FC Bayern wrote:Matthias Sammer has asked FC Bayern to release him from his position as sporting director. FC Bayern have granted the request.

The 48-year-old explained: “I'm very well. The extensive medical examinations have absolutely confirmed that I'm healthy again. I've been out of the day-to-day business in the last few weeks. I had time to think a number of things through, regarding my family and my work for FC Bayern München. Being FC Bayern's sporting director means I have to be available seven days a week, 24 hours a day with all my energy, for the club, the team and also the public. I don't want to take on these tasks at the moment.”

Matthias Sammer said about his farewell: “I'd like to thank FC Bayern München and the people with whom I had the pleasure to work, for a fantastic time and for understanding my decision. In this period the team have won ten major titles with an enormous dominance and consistency. It was an unbelievable experience. For the time being I also say goodbye to you, to the fans and all those who have accompanied me. It was an honour. Servus!”

Karl Hopfner, chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board, commented: “We understand Matthias Sammer's wish and have decided to grant him the request. FC Bayern have had a very successful time since Matthias Sammer took up his position as sporting director in 2012: four German championship titles, three DFB Cup triumphs, and in 2013 the Champions League, the UEFA Supercup and the FIFA Club World Cup titles. “I'd like to expressly thank Matthias Sammer for his outstanding work,” added Karl Hopfner.

FC Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: “In the many discussions with Matthias I've understood that he has taken a different, a new view on life when he was on leave in the last few months. He has other priorities now, and his position at FC Bayern isn't compatible with them any longer. I understand that. In this case the man is more important than the club.” Rummenigge added: “I'd like to thank Matthias very much for the good, successful and loyal cooperation, and I wish him all the best for the future.”

With regard to the allocation of tasks in the sports sector Karl-Heinz Rummenigge commented: “Matthias Sammer’s position will not be occupied for the time being. We will distribute his assignments within the existing structures at FC Bayern, as we have been doing since April. Then we'll decide who succeeds him, without rushing things.”

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2016/press-release-matthias-sammer-leaves-fc-bayern.php

Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:24 pm

I think he does the right thing - with the 24/7 stress, his health is under permanent stress, too, and when he already had a scare as he had with the brain blood circulation problems, he is wise to withdraw. I hope he'll stay healthy now.

As for Bayern - I think they will look for another good DoF in due time - they just don't do any fast shots.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 am

Very wise move on his part, due to his health problems. I know his sporting knowledge will be missed very much, and this is surely a blow to the club as a whole, but this is his health we are talking about, and him being conscious about it and it affecting his job. I highly doubt Hoeness will be back after his legal problems. It's a blot on the club's image.

Wish him a very healthy recovery, and hopefully he will one day return to the club, even if it's under another role.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down