Boxing thread

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Boxing thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

RG i dont think this is about Manny tbh......

As Swagg_J said and Izzy said this about Arum accepting it.......

I have said from day one i believed both Pacquaio and Mayweather wanted the fight the problem always has been and probably still is the problem is getting Arum to accept it.......

The problems between Arum and Mayweather are well documented....

Hopefully Manny tells Arum to GTFO and get this fcking on.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm

it's finally happening banana

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:06 am

@The Franchise wrote:Saw it after the fact, Chisora got robbed. One of the worse robberies I seen in recent memory.

Agreed, the ref was also protecting Helenius for the duration of the fight, continuously breaking Chisora's momentum.

I was shocked at the end result because it was clear to see that Chisora had outworked and bullied him for most of the fight. The only thing that saved Helenius was his height advantage over Chisora, overall i think the ref antics ruined the fight and hurt Chisora's chances to win the fight convincingly.

On the Mayweather - Pacman fight.
I agree with Mole , that Arum is the one calling most of the shots. I read recently that he was going to give Pac the choice of fighting 1 of 4 guys he was considering, Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Tim Bradley and Lamont Peterson
Here is the link

Giancarlo     Brigate       Fadi         Potential      BigBoban 

VibeTribe
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Arum is a joke we all know that.

When Floyd was goin jail, Pacman was apprently okay to fight in May.

Now Floyd is free, Pacman needs June because of his injuries.

About Chisora. Yeah its a shame he got robbed, but he gets a title fight with Vitali next whereas Helenius has been shown up as a joke of a fighter.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Arum is only interested in the money.

He wants to squeeze every cent out of Pacquiao before sending him to Mayweather.

Maayweather should put some pressure on Arum, ask him through the media why's he ducking the fight.

Enough pressure could get Arum to make the fight. But knowing Arum, he's probably only got his mind set on Pacquiao - Marquez 4.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I think he's already pressurizing Arum tbh.......

The constant calling out of Pacquaio on twitter is doing that.......

FloydMayweather Floyd Mayweather
I'm ready to put my belt up. What about you Manny Pacquiao? Let's make history. lockerz.com/s/173587000

Tweet from today......

I hope a scumbag like Arum does'nt prevent this fight from happening because its quite clear thats all thats needed......

I am starting to fear that outcome tho.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm

For me Mole, this fight has to happen this year.

If Manny really wants it, he needs to tell Arum to ignore the Marquez rubbish and get Mayweather done.

I just want to know if Manny REALLY wants this fight.
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

I wonder what big Mexican fight there will be on Cinto Di Mayo. There generally always is.

Chavez jr and Saul Alverez would be great.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Izzy it happens before Floyd goes to Jail lol, otherwise it aint happening as far iam concerned.......

Oh would i love to see Chavez Jr and Saul Alverez......

Think Saul would take it mind.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Arum is just such a dictator, wants everything his way or the high way what a tool.

Despite Chavez being team roach, he is a wasteman don't like him & am getting Brook vs Hatton tickets cheers
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Nobody likes Chavez Jr lol, but he has improved his last 3-4 fights. It would be a intresting fight im sure.

Maybe Chavez Jr - Martinez even.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Brook v Hatton is an interesting fight, i think Brook's class will shine through tho.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:09 pm

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7453621/manny-pacquiao-camp-says-no-economic-sense-5-mayweather-fight

LOL @ Steven A. Smith :bow:

Dani said it before and he's right Skip dont know shit when it comes to boxing lol......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Saw this like an hour ago, was laughing lol

I give Skip his due when it comes to basketball, I agree with much of his opinions. But boxing...really he aint got a clue lol

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:56 pm

LOL at Floyd is scared....I mean...STOP IT lol
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

WBC embarrasses itself with treatment of Sergio Martinez

NEW YORK -- I like Sergio Martinez. Really, it's hard not to.

He's a nice guy. Not a fake, made-for-TV nice guy. He's a really nice guy. When Martinez, a spokesman for an anti-bullying campaign, heard the story of Monique McClain, a 13-year old who had to leave her middle school because she was being picked on relentlessly, he called her up, asked her to dinner and gave her and her mother VIP tickets to his fight with Sergiy Dzinziruk.
He has visited women's centers and safe houses across the world, using his platform to speak out against violence against women. Wednesday morning, he and New York City councilwoman Julissa Ferreras co-hosted a roundtable with New York organizations working to end domestic violence.

See what I mean?

He happens to be a very good fighter, too. He's universally recognized as the third-best boxer in the world, right behind Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. He's the lineal middleweight champion, avoided by the likes of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Miguel Cotto because, frankly, he's too big a risk. On March 17, Martinez (48-2-2) will look to win his fifth straight fight when he takes on Matthew Macklin (28-3) at Madison Square Garden (10 p.m. ET, HBO).

I mean, what's not to like?

Well, there is one gripe I have with Martinez: He simply won't tell the WBC to shove it.
You all know the story by now, right? In January, Martinez vacated the WBC title. Why? Because HBO had no interest in coughing up a seven-figure license fee for him to defend the title against mandatory challenger Sebastian Zbik. The WBC handed Martinez a diamond belt, named him champion emeritus (which makes zero sense because Martinez did not retire) and sanctioned Chavez Jr.-Zbik which (surprise!) HBO picked up.

Martinez has tried to get the title back, challenging Chavez in the press, on the Internet, everywhere but the men's room. Martinez says he will go to Mexico to fight Chavez. His promoter, Lou DiBella, says Chavez's family members can be the judges.
The WBC? It has been Chavez's willing accomplice. As champion emeritus (again, what?) Martinez should have had the first shot at Chavez after he beat Zbik. Instead, Chavez took a soft touch against Peter Manfredo while Martinez knocked out Darren Barker. The WBC ordered a Chavez-Martinez fight in December, only to backtrack a few weeks later and sanction Chavez's February defense against Marco Antonio Rubio.

Then there was this: Last month WBC president Jose Sulaimán, in defending his decision not to strip Floyd Mayweather of his welterweight title -- a decision that, incidentally, defies the WBC's own rule that says a titleholder will be stripped if he is "convicted and imprisoned for a crime involving moral turpitude" -- reportedly said "beating a lady is highly critical but it is not a major sin or crime," metaphorically spitting in the face of the causes Martinez fights for.
Now, in Martinez's defense, he has lashed out. Two weeks ago Martinez issued a statement condemning the WBC and declaring he would no longer defend the diamond belt. But he was careful to say that he hoped to someday win back his title.
On Wednesday I asked Martinez why, after all the WBC has put him through, after all the lies and detestable comments Sulaimán has made, do you still want anything to do with them?
"The WBC is the most fine belt any champion can win," Martinez said. "It's the most important belt for me."
And Sulaimán's comments on domestic violence?
"I know at the end of the day Sulaimán will do the right thing," Martinez said. "This is the most prestigious belt I can have."
Prestigious? The WBC is, in a word, disgusting. It's a Mexican-based organization that openly favors fighters from that country. Timothy Bradley had the WBC junior welterweight title for six months when Sulaimán stripped him and sanctioned Erik Morales's next fight. Never mind that Morales was 35, had fought just once at 140 pounds (a loss to Marcos Maidana) and was less than two years removed from retirement.

Think the WBC is respected? Reporters snicker when Sulaimán walks into a room. They mock the WBC officials who try to hijack gloves, trunks or shoes from fighters after big events. They roll their eyes when the WBC releases rankings that are blatantly manipulated.
The entire sanctioning body is a sham.
Perplexed, I posed the same question to DiBella.
"Unfortunately, belts are often the reason fights happen or don't," DiBella said. "Sergio is not going to say that he is never going to fight for [the WBC] title. I think they have wronged him but it's not just the WBC that wrongs people. We make a lot of pronouncements in boxing that we don't care about titles and belts but the truth is, everybody does care. International television revenues are almost totally dependent on ratings organizations and world championships. American television networks, the belt is still used in their decision making. It's not so simple to take an authoritative stance against the championships."
See, I think it is. OK, sure, a young, up-and-coming fighter like Saul Alvarez gains something by having a title. So does a faded journeyman like Cornelius Bundrage. But Martinez? He transcends titles. He won't carry one recognized middleweight title to the ring against Macklin but there is no debate who is the top 160-pounder in the world.

Tell the WBC thanks, but no thanks, Sergio. Keep going after Chavez, sure. But don't pay a nickel to the WBC for a sanctioning fee, and when you beat him, let the title go vacant. Go collect the IBF, WBA and WBO belts if you want hardware.
Stop letting them jerk you around, Sergio. Stop being Charlie Brown to the WBC's Lucy, reaching for the title only to have it quickly, abruptly yanked away. You're better than that, Sergio. You're better than them.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 am

Lol I can only facepalm

In the mother Land?

Giancarlo     Brigate       Fadi         Potential      BigBoban 

VibeTribe
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:48 pm

I love how much Dan Raf hates WBC too :lol!:
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Manny Pacquiao has chosen his next opponent, and it’s not Floyd Mayweather. In an interview at his office Wednesday, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said Pacquiao has chosen his next opponent — whom Arum would only divulge was one of the four previously reported candidates, Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto or Lamont Peterson — and plans to make his return to the ring on June 9 at a new outdoor facility off the Strip.

Arum reiterated that the problem with making a May fight with Mayweather was the timing. Mayweather has insisted that the fight take place May 5, tweeting Tuesday that “the date can’t change.” Arum says construction on a 38,000-seat temporary facility cannot be completed until later in the month. On Wednesday, Arum said he met with construction officials as well as officials from the Wynn and Sands Hotel. Arum also visited the construction site, a 40-acre plot jointly owned by the two hotels.

“To be safe, they said they needed until the end of May to get it done,” Arum said. “Economically, it’s a problem that Floyd created. The amount that would be lost by moving it up to May 5th is enormous. The fight is not going to happen on May 5th. We’ll do the fight in November. There is no real magic in doing it in May.”

Arum says he plans to move forward with building the outdoor facility and test it out in Pacquiao’s next fight. Arum added that he and Pacquiao were on the same page as far as Pacquiao’s future.

“He realizes that economically the May 5th date is not smart,” Arum said. “If you postpone it two or three weeks, you can make so much more money. Mayweather told the court he was committed to fight on May 5th. I think they lied and said Pacquiao was ready to fight him. Now they are saying the judge ordered them to fight on May 5? Was the MGM behind this? If the judge says you have to surrender yourself on June 1st, what the f— does it matter to the judge if you fight on May 5th or two weeks later?”

A call and text message to Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, was not immediately returned.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am

Word is that it is Cotto @ 150 catch weight.
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 am

Cotto cant beat Manny..I love Cotto but just no.

He has to fight coming forward or he is in trouble, and he cant come forward on Manny because he gets hit too much.

He ran away from Marg and won, but thats because Marg has no footspeed, no skill and this time around had no power.

Unless Manny was on roids the first time or has declined that much, its a pointless fight which proves nothing.

At least this time he aint forcing Cotto to starve to get down to 147, Cotto probably can get to 150 without much trouble.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 pm

I reckon Chavez vs Margarito will happen before Chavez-Martinez...I know it's a perfect example of everything that's wrong with boxing, but it'll be an epic fight and an absolute war so I don't care banana

Mayweather vs Alvarez May 5 imo, with Cotto as his backup plan.

Pacquiao vs Bradley in June, and Marquez vs Peterson, with the winners meeting late in 2012.

Anyway, no matter how all this plays out, even if not of these fights come off, Mayweather-Pacquiao will not happen this year, I guarantee it Sad

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm

You really think Alvarez would fight Mayweather?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

@paddy wrote:I reckon Chavez vs Margarito will happen before Chavez-Martinez...I know it's a perfect example of everything that's wrong with boxing, but it'll be an epic fight and an absolute war so I don't care banana

Mayweather vs Alvarez May 5 imo, with Cotto as his backup plan.

Pacquiao vs Bradley in June, and Marquez vs Peterson, with the winners meeting late in 2012.

Anyway, no matter how all this plays out, even if not of these fights come off, Mayweather-Pacquiao will not happen this year, I guarantee it Sad

Yeah, I can see all this. All more likely.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Floyd has announced on Twitter that he's fighting Miguel Cotto on May 5th.

FloydMayweather Floyd Mayweather
I'm fighting Miguel Cotto on May 5th because Miss Pac Man is ducking me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Anyone Box?

I shadowbox with ankle weights but I dunno if I ever actually plan on fighting a real fight.

I'm pretty quick tho.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum