Zealous
S32TABLANCA
Baraa
shaven
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We sure like to criticise our own. - Page 2 Empty Re: We sure like to criticise our own.

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 pm

I agree with everything futbol bill said.

However there is another side to our forum (imo). We have a tendency to over hype our players and the team in the GS too much i feel. Until we see what happens in the classico, we cant really gauge how far our team has come along mentally against Barcelona. I loved our Supercopa games as much as you guys did but for me it was just an extension of the pre - season and not a true indication of our form.

As luck would have it, to do well this season we have to come up against barcelona and i have always felt it is a question of mentality rather than talent. So i will only say that we are better if we are able to play the supercopa game in the classico.

anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

We sure like to criticise our own. - Page 2 Empty Re: We sure like to criticise our own.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 pm

clasicos are my favorite time of the year because i can flame cule fans to my heart's content. Those fugly midgets are very self conscious....

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm

the supercopa might have been an extension of the pre-season, but boy have they regressed since then

hopefully we have to work for our win vs sporting so that we dont get too coocky and get manitad again, thatd be horrible ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:08 pm

babun1024 wrote:
ZsG7 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
ZsG7 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:@senor bill, you have to differ between pointless and constructive critisism eco smile
Compared to other sections, ours is more inclined to the later one so I don't see a problem eco smile
The world doesn't work like you imagine, have something in perfect shape and stop evolving after.. eco smile The team possesses MUCH more potential eco smile
Babun your to green for me Very Happy
You look greener to me (24>21) eco smile
affraid
eco smile or Very Happy ?
i would take :lol!:
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:the supercopa might have been an extension of the pre-season, but boy have they regressed since then

hopefully we have to work for our win vs sporting so that we dont get too coocky and get manitad again, thatd be horrible ffs

See Barcelona may get complacent against weaker teams and lose/draw a couple of matches. After years of winning , i wouldnt blame them. We however are hungry for a cup or two and hence give it our all even in lesser matches (if there is such a thing)

However come the classico, all of barcelona's bad moments wont matter because you can bet on the fact that they will be charged up and on top of their game. Lets see what happens then. Its that time of the year again where the big game pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the season.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 pm

we are pretty much in the driving seat though, so a draw would be just fine for us, in comparison with the previous season where we have been forced to play for a win( i mean FORCED), the pressure is on barca really

Villa is horrible(and has been for nearly a whole calendar year)

Pedro isnt any better

Sanchez will gift us freekicks left, right and centre(and we know how bad barca are from set-pieces)

over relient on messi, bad game from him and they are screwed

xavi isnt the same, he wont be able to do that 360 degrees thing he always does to get away from his marker(how no players have picked up on this is beyond understandable)

Their backline keeps changing, but i have to say mash isnt that bad for a DM slotting in for CB, even though our own Lass is making that right flank look easy

Our efficiency has gone up by miiiiilllleeeess

more competition in our team, i.e no players spot is guaranteed apart from Pepe, Ramos, Alonso, Ronlado and Casillas

healthy competition between Higgy and Benzema keeping both in top form

our sub players playing extraordinary

et al, seriously there are more positive to our team than before the super copa where i agree we were in great form but that competition wasnt really there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Barca is the best team in the world until they are beaten. It's not like they're 10 points behind us... it's only 3 points. And despite their "slow" start, they have almost the exact same goal differential than we do (38 for 6 against compared to our 42 for 9 against) + they've played a much tougher schedule (atleti, bilbao, villareal, valencia, sevilla, etc.).

I hate to break it to people here, but we're not playing better than them. We've just caught up to them ON PAPER. Until we prove it on the field in a direct confrontation, i don't even buy that yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I agree Sport. We should not be so confident. We're talking about Barcelona, as long as they have Messi there they will still be a threat.

It's the Bernabeu, so nothing other than a win will satisfy me, but I can live with a draw, just becouse we're in the front seat... But El Clasicos are usually the league decider, so winning them are a huge difference.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:09 pm

They have been dominating us for how too long? until we manage a clear cut victory, let's adopt the duck and cover approach. No need to brag, then get embarrassed and end up avoiding the forum for days.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:12 pm

sports, all those teams youve mentioned we usually beat be it with a last min goal or a thumping

barca are the ones struggling to beat these kind of teams

i have no worries we can beat those teams, heck we beat valencia with both our fullbacks being half injured ffs

by the time we have finished our business with atleti we wouldve won 90% of the "big" games people think we will struggle with

the only team out of the top two i see us go head to head with is bilbao and thats only away anyways

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Barca is the best team in the world until they are beaten. It's not like they're 10 points behind us... it's only 3 points. And despite their "slow" start, they have almost the exact same goal differential than we do (38 for 6 against compared to our 42 for 9 against) + they've played a much tougher schedule (atleti, bilbao, villareal, valencia, sevilla, etc.).

I hate to break it to people here, but we're not playing better than them. We've just caught up to them ON PAPER. Until we prove it on the field in a direct confrontation, i don't even buy that yet.

Cannot agree more with you. Even last year the situation wasnt too different (as in the fact that we couldnt find too many faults with our team and could see holes in their ship) but we came back with a We sure like to criticise our own. - Page 2 1625187496 from camp nou. I would like to think of myself as a realist.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:clasicos are my favorite time of the year because i can flame cule fans to my heart's content. Those fugly midgets are very self conscious....

You flame them? Considering how we've been on the recieving end most of the time, I find that quite hillarious. I shiver when I think of the abuse I got after the 5-0... No
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:we are pretty much in the driving seat though, so a draw would be just fine for us, in comparison with the previous season where we have been forced to play for a win( i mean FORCED), the pressure is on barca really

Villa is horrible(and has been for nearly a whole calendar year)

Pedro isnt any better

Sanchez will gift us freekicks left, right and centre(and we know how bad barca are from set-pieces)

over relient on messi, bad game from him and they are screwed

xavi isnt the same, he wont be able to do that 360 degrees thing he always does to get away from his marker(how no players have picked up on this is beyond understandable)

Their backline keeps changing, but i have to say mash isnt that bad for a DM slotting in for CB, even though our own Lass is making that right flank look easy

Our efficiency has gone up by miiiiilllleeeess

more competition in our team, i.e no players spot is guaranteed apart from Pepe, Ramos, Alonso, Ronlado and Casillas

healthy competition between Higgy and Benzema keeping both in top form

our sub players playing extraordinary

et al, seriously there are more positive to our team than before the super copa where i agree we were in great form but that competition wasnt really there

Even on his bad game he still scores and gives assist. you can't find a bad game from him unfortunately

I agree there are many positive things that may help us but Barcelona is Barcelona. even in their worst day they can still beat a big team like Milan. IMO if we want to get 3 point from them all of our players should give their 100%. we need to be lucky too, sometimes the ball just doesn't want to go in, like Super Copa's first leg.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2