Freeza
Lord Awesome
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
11 posters

Go down

Congratulations Empty Congratulations

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:55 pm

You're probably coming into this thread thinking it's a bad troll attempt. It's not. I think Madrid did many things right against Barca, and I'd like to take this chance to congratulate you for them. The first that stands out is bravery. Choosing to go with a 4-2-3-1 instead of the 4-3-3 Karanka announced (nice deception there, btw Wink ) takes a certain amount of balls, that Madrid did not have during the spring clasicos. It meant that you would fight us for the ball rather than absorb the game and try to get lucky on a mistake. And until Fabregas' goal, it seemed to work. Madrid were lively, pressured forward on a constant basis and it might have payed off had a certain Portuguese had a different night. This made this match much more entertaining, not only for neutrals, but also for fans of both sides. Not only did you come out with a brave approach but you also stuck to it. Mourinho could've easily put Khedira on for Oezil after the 22 second goal and hoped for the best, but you showed ambition by sticking to this decision, even if in retrospect you might regret it. Additionally, Madrid pressed fantastically. Barcelona were made to look uncomfortable, and sometimes they could not string together 4 passes in a row. Very un-Barca-esque. This was in no small way the effect of superb pressing, and it was Di Maria's pressing that lead to the first goal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Empty Re: Congratulations

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:04 pm

We have midfield issues frankly. Lass, Khedira and Alonso are not the most technically gifted midfielders you'll see... Sahin being injured and not close to form is a big problem for us. We need that one extra player that can create some magic in that part of the field.

Regardless... if CR7 would have played an average game by his standards, this game ends in a draw or very close imo. The fact that he was completely inept and couldn't finish messed everything up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I think grinding the match and winning would've felt much better than losing, tbh. It may have been brave that RM went out and attack but it was also very foolish. Nothing wrong with Defending when you have to.

Reminds me so much of Emery losing to Chelsea, in a way.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:06 pm

tbh we were lucky to get the first goal but after that we had one chance after the other, we just have some kind of complex against Barca, we just seem to be unable to score. This is especially clear when Ronaldo is finishing, he would have scored 2 goals against any other team, if he got the same chances. But I can't be mad at a guy who scored 50+ goals last season, we just have to move on and beat Sevilla, if we do we will still be in first place
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:We have midfield issues frankly. Lass, Khedira and Alonso are not the most technically gifted midfielders you'll see... Sahin being injured and not close to form is a big problem for us. We need that one extra player that can create some magic in that part of the field.

Regardless... if CR7 would have played an average game by his standards, this game ends in a draw or very close imo. The fact that he was completely inept and couldn't finish messed everything up.

Welcome back!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 pm

That akward moment when the Barca fans feel so sorry for our self pity that they try to cheer us up. Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 am

Saetablanca wrote:That akward moment when the Barca fans feel so sorry for our self pity that they try to cheer us up. Laughing
That douchebag Cosmico lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Humble and respectful post.

*slow clap*
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 pm

There's a word to describe the OP, its called:

patronise (verb) 1. Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.

You sir, are patronising, GTFO
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way, I don't think it's patronizing at all.

Also, you seriously don't think I know what patronizing means? Congratulations 20
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, I don't think it's patronizing at all.

Also, you seriously don't think I know what patronizing means? Congratulations 20

Alfred, I know you only to ever post about Real Madrid with a trolling agenda so forgive my skeptical attitude towards your attempts at sincerity. I'm too butthurt to appreciate (allegedly) kind words from you.

..and of course I assumed you know what it means to patronise someone, just driving my point home.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Saetablanca wrote:That akward moment when the Barca fans feel so sorry for our self pity that they try to cheer us up. Laughing

I feel sorry for you aswell, so i refrained from trolling in your section at the risk of upsetting you Sad

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't mind being patronized once it's done in a non patronizing manner. Also, I think Alfred may actually be sincere in his post, you know, giving credit where credit is due I suppose...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 pm

He's not trolling.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team