Victor Valdes: The Underrated Hero

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Victor Valdes: The Underrated Hero

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Didn't think that any of the saves were more than ordinary, but i'm glad he kept the clean sheet. It's good for his confidence.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 pm

One key save. But those openings, mother of god. Surprised

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 am

Even today, a day he probably will be happy with...he spilled a routine shot in the first play and miscontrolled a easy pass.

He seems to have lost all concentration or something. All the errors are late reactions and misjudgements.

At least he didnt let in a goal so he can take solice in that.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 am

Nah, he had a good match IMO doing two difficult saves. Nothing to complaing about Valdes today.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 am

That near post shot was scary...

He just doesn't position himself right anymore. Also, his instinct seems to be to dive AWAY from the ball :-/

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 am

The comparison with Casillas is hilarious.
Casillas doesnt cost Madrid goals in key games.Come big games,Casillas steps up.
Valdes used to do that too.But lately he has been very poor.I can recount him being directly responsible for 4 goals in recent Clasico's.
4 goals due to his mistakes in Clasicos and I think there might be a couple more.
Its also absurd pointing out couple of saves he makes each match. I am sorry but thats his job.He is paid millions to make saves.He has to be judged by his mistakes and he makes one(or 2 or 3) every single game.
Doesnt make any difficult saves lately.
And he has lost the edge at what made him the best for us.He used to be the best 1 on 1 keeper and the best with the ball at his feet.\
Now he is not that great one on one and his ball distribution is garbage.
Right now i would trust Casillas more with ball distribution and Casillas is garbage with the ball at his feet.
valdes should be given time to come out of the slump but if he doesnt improve drsatically in the next couple of months we need to start looking at other options.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:The comparison with Casillas is hilarious.
Casillas doesnt cost Madrid goals in key games.Come big games,Casillas steps up.

We certainly differ on what's a big game then. For me, games vs. City and Dortmund in the CL are huge games, in which Castillas made atrocious mistakes that led to 3 goals. In 2 games. Madrid could be almost out of the group if Mancini was not clueless.
In the League, every game is 3 points, and Casillas has led to more points lost than Valdes too this season, with his bad performances vs. Valencia and Getafe mostly.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Valdes had his second son today, congrats big guy.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 pm

EFE:"Victor Valdes' agents have communicated to the club of his irrevocable decision to not renew."

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm

I am disappointed in him. We stuck by him for years while he foddered around being shite.

We even chose a him over a superior goalie in Rustu we signed.

I guess he wants a new challenge, I understand it but where realistically does he want to go? He will find out quickly how hard it is.

He will get more recognition for all the great saves he will make, but he will be frustrated by the amount of goals his team lets in.

It is what it is, I wont lose any sleep, I respect him for the years he put in and im happy with like 4 of them. Wish him well, but we will replace him easily enough I imagine.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

For all his poor decision making at times, Valdés is a real footballer, one who can pass the ball with his feet. I can only see Neuer a good replacement in that regard.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh well, it's disappointing, but time to get some really great young keeper like De Gea or tell Pep to pass Neuer over.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am

Disappointed with the reactions on here.

Devastated by this. I think a lot of people will only get how good he is once he's gone.

Love this guy Sad
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am

Not the best but he'll be hard to replace.

Must be hard looking at the wages Messi makes and then comparing them with his own, I don't blame him for going elsewhere to make more money (I assume it's a financial decision, otherwise it doesn't make any sense). Also, it's not like he owes us anything, he's won too much with us for that.

I wonder if he'll see his contract out or if we'll sign a keeper this summer.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

@CBarca wrote:We need to have faith in Valdes. Sure he's been very shakey and is performing quite poorly right now, but I think on his game he's the best keeper in the world for Barca. I've always said that. It's just some poor form, I think he'll get better in time.

I think a more apt time to judge Valdes is with a proper defense in front of him, not this makeshift stuff we have going on. If he's still poor then-consistently- perhaps it's time to drop him or look for some competition.

I still stick by it.

As I said in the general section, I'm with Kizz here, I'm gutted. This is terrible news.

I do think he's replaceable, but he's absolutely a favorite of mine and I'll be very sad to see him leave. I'm not yet old enough to have even watched a Barcelona without Valdes playing. His 1v1 expertise will be missed, and his ability with the ball at his feet.

I think Barcelona will do well with a replacement, I think they know what we need and hopefully make a good move, but I always imagined he would be here until he retires. What a shame Sad

Definitely think he's going for money reasons. He's done all he can do here, I think he wants to get more money while he can, seeing as he has said he doesn't enjoy the sport.
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 am

Eh.. will miss his spirit in the team to be honest but thats about it, De Gea time?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am

The amount of respect he gets from other fans on GL is disgusting.

The amount of respect he gets from his own fans is disappointing as well :facepalm:

Club legend as far as I'm concerned.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am

De Gea? No thanks. Sign up Ter Stegen and Guaita as a backup.

De Gea is good with his feet though, will give him that.

Where would Barca fans like him to go btw? And where can he go?
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 am

@CBarca wrote:The amount of respect he gets from other fans on GL is disgusting.

The amount of respect he gets from his own fans is disappointing as well :facepalm:

He is great and a partof much success but legend? no
Buscuit dad is more of a legend in the GK spot.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:De Gea? No thanks. Sign up Ter Stegen and Guaita as a backup.

I see him doing well in a possession based team similar to our own. He does not have the resilience to stop shot after shot in a match.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:Disappointed with the reactions on here.

Devastated by this. I think a lot of people will only get how good he is once he's gone.

Love this guy Sad

I understand the reactions to be honest.

I've been a Valdés defender for a long time, but what he has done is serious.

It is ok if he wants to move to another team, everyone has that right. But you just can't GO PUBLIC in mid-season, when there are many titles at stake. You shut up and go public at the end of the season, or if your plan is to see your contract out, until june 2014.

What he has done can hurt us a lot for this season. He has showed a great deal of disrespect towards the Club who asked him to keep it private, and put us in a very difficult situation. Barça fans are already asking him to be benched until sold.

@BarcaKizz wrote:De Gea? No thanks. Sign up Ter Stegen and Guaita as a backup.

Has anyone ever watched Ter Stegen except RWO? Everyone speaks about him like he is their neighbour and I've barely heard about him until a month ago.

I don't know Ter Stegen, but de Gea would be a very good replacement. Is great with his feet, has very good size, and is very good at 1 on 1s. His fail are coming out of the goal, which he should improve. He is also very calm and has character, which is very important for a Barça GK.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 am

Gladbach signed an Australian so I watched him sometimes last season. Not like I've seen him a million times but he is good and clear why Barca would want him.

Free, I haven't had a computer for a week so I didn't know this about Valdes. Can you explain?

For me, I don't doubt his commitment so I don't really see the problem with us knowing now instead of later. Though I think it would have been better later.
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 am

@Donuts wrote:
@CBarca wrote:The amount of respect he gets from other fans on GL is disgusting.

He is great and a partof much success but legend? no
Buscuit dad is more of a legend in the GK spot.

Juas, I understand you are butthurt, but this is just ridiculous.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am

free is right and I like Victor but the timing is really poor - forced even if you are to believe that the club preferred a joint pressy at the end of the season.

Pretty heavy handed from Carvajal and now concerns that since he's also the agent of Deulofeu that renegotiations will have similar problems.

Ter Stegen has fantastic hands & reflexes and a natural leader - totally see the Oliver Kahn comparisons...Can't say much about how good he is playing the ball out from the back but he has the composure of an elite keeper you hope for...Still, he's pretty damn young

But I do think they'll have to move Victor before 2014 as it doesn't look very comfortable for either side now...Worrying to see one of our cantera kids fly the coop right in the middle of this era of hegemony - will we see others look outside now too?
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:Gladbach signed an Australian so I watched him sometimes last season. Not like I've seen him a million times but he is good and clear why Barca would want him.

Free, I haven't had a computer for a week so I didn't know this about Valdes. Can you explain?

For me, I don't doubt his commitment so I don't really see the problem with us knowing now instead of later. Though I think it would have been better later.

It came out yesterday out of nowhere. Valdes' agent made a public statement after meeting with the Club in their first meeting to renew Valdes' contract. There's not much information.

Seeing how Valdes handled the situation I do doubt his commitment. He has lacked respect towards the Club and has put 90% of the fans against him. Most people is asking for his head.

Going public in mid-season with this = you don't want to stay = we have a GK who doesn't want to play for us = he needs to go. Mid season!
Definitely serious.

Is Ter Stegen good at one on ones and 1v1? Is he error prone? Does he have character and can keep playing well after a mistake? Or he collapses under pressure?

Anyway, we will probably need two goalkeepers just in case one of them is not good enough. The cantera options are not very good. We could give a chance to Oier as third GK though.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

I've never, ever, watched Ter Stegen, but youtube videos are not very impressive. His best of compilations are mediocre saves, he doesn't block balls, and clears in the center.

Plus, very few one on one saves and no ball playing are shown.

De Gea for me.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next