Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

+64
El Blanco Madridista
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
Claudio84
Hapless_Hans
guest_07
Nivash
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
rwo power
sree999
M99
Kick
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Jack Daniels
shadexticos
terrance511
Lupi
Beautiful Football
futbol
titosantill
Nedved
jibers
Robespierre
Killer
Motogp69
Uncanny
sportsczy
chad4401
Cyborg
buddytaller
Adit
Pedram
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
izzy
Arquitecto
Doc
Valkyrja
Babun
Kuru
guest7
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
punkfusion1992
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
ijomer
Calebvision
the xcx
StevieRayVaughan
Mamad
Onyx
la bestia negra
Ganso
raulmadrid4vr
68 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 am

The thing is Giggs... he chooses to make the smart pass about as often as he chooses to defend. Passing is an absolute last resort to him. How many times do you see him try and dribble through 2-3-4 defenders when it's obvious he's not going to make it. Since there are so many defenders around him, the smart move is to pass the ball off quickly since these defenders have vacated another area. Also, CR7 never, ever hold the ball up. A lot of it has to do with the fact that he's technically unable to do it... but still; you need to be able to hold the ball up as a striker.

He's a fantastic scorer. But 90% of the time, that's all he's good for. He shows flashes of being able to do other things... but he's not committed to them.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by terrance511 Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:52 am

his passing is top notch. dat curve, dat speed, that accuracy.

but he just chose not to (or less) in recent year. Sad

that's why i always preferred 06-10 ronaldo.

some how, i felt even old CR dribbling is better.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:56 pm

That's the annoying part about ronaldo! He can do all those things, he can make that defense splitting pass, flick, cross and all others but he is too occupied with etching his name, 'cristiano ronaldo' in the history books.
He was involved in the build up to carvajal's goal and the pass to di maria before the final pass to ball.
At those two instances, he released the ball immediately he saw a better-positioned player, rather than first trying to see what ronaldo can do.
On a regular day, he would have tried a flick or tried to turn around to shoot instead of passing to carvajal.
If we could have him making decisions such as that every match, we would have a ronaldo scoring at least one goal and assisting or being involved with another 1 to 3 goals every match.

I hate him for not being what he can be

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Goals of Cr7 in Ucl

Group stage:
-2 tap-ins against Copenaghen(great assist of Di Maria in the second goal) in a game ended 4-0.
easy win for Real Madrid
-another useless tap-in against Copehaghen in a game ended 2-0, easy win for Real Madrid.
//easy victory(4-1) for Real Madrid without him against Gala//
-another easy victory for Real Madrid against Gala, in a game ended 6-1 he scored the third goal (tap-in), the fourth goal(tap-in) the sixth goal. So 3 useless goals.
-2 goals against juventus, the first goal was a great action of Di Maria, he dribble some players and put a great assist for Cr7. The second goal was a penalty kick (wasen't even a penalty) after a classic dive.
-1 easy goal against Juventus(thanks to the stupidity of the defenders)

Knockout phase:
-easy victory for Real Madrid against Shalke 09
Cr7 scored the third and sixth goals, so again 2 useless goals.
The second match against Schalke, don't need  comments, it was useless.
-another easy vistory for Real Madrid against Dortmund, Cr7 scored the third useless goal.
-almost a ghost against bayern in the first match
-2 useless goals for Cr7(the third and fourth), in a game already closed by Sergio Ramos against Bayern.
-total crap in the final against Atletico Madrid, just another useless penalty after a classic dive.

These are the goals of Cr7, 98% of these were useless, Real Madrid would have won the champions league even without him and this is a fact not a opinion. Di Maria was the best player of Real Madrid this session, also Modric, Ramos, Bale, Pepe were all more important than Cr7.

The biggest bluff in the history of football and his failures with the national team are a confirmation of this, can't do nothing without super players like Di Maria, Bale, Giggs, Ronney, Modric, Tevez etc.

Last edited by Killer on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Ok.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:32 pm

JD lock this thread please, it's a disgrace
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Nah I read it sometimes when I want to laugh lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:16 am

@ killer, your statistics are part of the reason people say "stats don't tell the whole story" and "if you beat/torture your stats long enough they will correspond to your argument".....whilst cristiano may have scored some goals when it seems the game was rapped up, your argument does little justice to the intangibles that he brings to the pitch. One of such intangibles is the fear installed in defenders to sometimes overtly concentrate on him thus allowing other players get into the fray....most of the world's top players have such intangibles, especially when they are forwards and don't necessarily need to hold the ball for large minutes of the game before scoring. Every opponent we face makes defensive adjustments to account for cristiano, any team that says they don't are either foolish or lying....and a lot of times such teams end up shooting themselves in the foot with such adjustments.

cristiano has his issues, but to spew out that we would have won ucl without him based on your analysis isn't a fact, but an opinion or in your case a hypothesis which your stats still fails to prove.... Learn to distinguish facts from opinions or hypothesis; "the sky is blue", "fire is hot", "the earth is sphere" are all facts. "ronaldo could win ballon d'or", "messi should win footballer of the year", "the rain is beautiful", "the whether is lovely" are opinions. "

your argument that based on the goals cristiano scored and the fact they were not necessarilly deciders means that madrid would still have still won the ucl is actually NOT even a good hypothesis as it doesn't explain the cause and effect properly, it fails to account for many intangibles, and you probably cannot even test it....its more of a 'scenario', one that holds little water, than a hypothesis even....i mean anything can happen in sports, so i'll combat your "coulda, woulda, shoulda" with one of my own...u say he scored the third in a game, so it shouldn't matter, what if he wasn't in the team, thus didnt score and the opponents came back?

you can call him arrogant and a 'stat sheet stuffer', and i'll agree with you in that respect, but to say "if he didn't play they would have won and that is a fact", is a ridiculous statement to make, that cannot eve be backed up properly, regardless of the ludicrous stats and analogies that you have put forward
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:59 pm

tito pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I agree with everything. To say that just because Ronaldo scored the latter goals in big wins we could've won CL without him is a pretty clear case of logical fallacy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm

titosantill wrote:@ killer, your statistics are part of the reason people say "stats don't tell the whole story" and "if you beat/torture your stats long enough they will correspond to your argument".....whilst cristiano may have scored some goals when it seems the game was rapped up, your argument does little justice to the intangibles that he brings to the pitch. One of such intangibles is the fear installed in defenders to sometimes overtly concentrate on him thus allowing other players get into the fray....most of the world's top players have such intangibles, especially when they are forwards and don't necessarily need to hold the ball for large minutes of the game before scoring. Every opponent we face makes defensive adjustments to account for cristiano, any team that says they don't are either foolish or lying....and a lot of times such teams end up shooting themselves in the foot with such adjustments.

cristiano has his issues, but to spew out that we would have won ucl without him based on your analysis isn't a fact, but an opinion or in your case a hypothesis which your stats still fails to prove.... Learn to distinguish facts from opinions or hypothesis; "the sky is blue", "fire is hot", "the earth is sphere" are all facts. "ronaldo could win ballon d'or", "messi should win footballer of the year", "the rain is beautiful", "the whether is lovely" are opinions. "

your argument that based on the goals cristiano scored and the fact they were not necessarilly deciders means that madrid would still have still won the ucl is actually NOT even a good hypothesis as it doesn't explain the cause and effect properly, it fails to account for many intangibles, and you probably cannot even test it....its more of a 'scenario', one that holds little water, than a hypothesis even....i mean anything can happen in sports, so i'll combat your "coulda, woulda, shoulda" with one of my own...u say he scored the third in a game, so it shouldn't matter, what if he wasn't in the team, thus didnt score and the opponents came back?

you can call him arrogant and a 'stat sheet stuffer', and i'll agree with you in that respect, but to say "if he didn't play they would have won and that is a fact", is a ridiculous statement to make, that cannot eve be backed up properly, regardless of the ludicrous stats and analogies that you have put forward

bla bla bla, all bullshit, this is the reality of the facts accept them.
This guy is greatest flop in big games i ever seen.

titosantill wrote:Every opponent we face makes defensive adjustments to account for cristiano
this is a pathetic excuse, I've never seen anything like this.

If this guy doesn't score some tap-inS or useless goals, is is absolutely useless, because his passing sucks and isn't a great dribbler.

It's not like Messi or Ibra, that even if they don't score, they make their teammates better.

Last edited by Killer on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 4 times in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:12 pm

"This guy is greatest flop in big games i ever seen" is not a fact.

Tito's post is excellent and he argues every single of your point. If you are looking for a debate then debate properly.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:"This guy is greatest flop in big games i ever seen" is not a fact.

Tito's post is excellent and he argues every single of your point. If you are looking for a debate then debate properly.

He didn't argue nothing, this is only an evasive way to not accept the reality of facts.

Last edited by Killer on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Valkyrja wrote:JD lock this thread please, it's a disgrace

why?'

You don't like the facts?

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:35 pm

you obviously don't know how to distinguish 'facts' from 'opinion'...so until you can learn to distinguish both, i'm done, because i'll look foolish arguing with you
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Killer wrote:
titosantill wrote:@ killer, your statistics are part of the reason people say "stats don't tell the whole story" and "if you beat/torture your stats long enough they will correspond to your argument".....whilst cristiano may have scored some goals when it seems the game was rapped up, your argument does little justice to the intangibles that he brings to the pitch. One of such intangibles is the fear installed in defenders to sometimes overtly concentrate on him thus allowing other players get into the fray....most of the world's top players have such intangibles, especially when they are forwards and don't necessarily need to hold the ball for large minutes of the game before scoring. Every opponent we face makes defensive adjustments to account for cristiano, any team that says they don't are either foolish or lying....and a lot of times such teams end up shooting themselves in the foot with such adjustments.

bla bla bla, all bullshit, this is the reality of the facts accept them.
This guy is greatest flop in big games i ever seen.

titosantill wrote:Every opponent we face makes defensive adjustments to account for cristiano
this is a pathetic excuse, I've never seen anything like this.

If this guy doesn't score some tap-inS or useless goals, he is absolutely useless, because his passing sucks and isn't a great dribbler.

It's not like Messi or Ibra, that even if they don't score, they make their teammates better.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Killer here is a fact for you, you know nothing about football or professional sports in general. You also (quite obviously) have reading comprehension issues as well.

Tito gave you a nice response but you can't reply because 90% of your material is probably not yours but some stuff you copy from twitter or elsewhere.

Next time you feel the need to share your clearly irrelevant opinion on this issue I challenge you to do 15 push ups and 15 sit ups. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do half of those.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Ibra makes his teammates look better?! He does give the impression of someone with a good fashion sense.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 pm

from Twitter: Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 70% of his goals at Real Madrid with just the one-touch (this total includes free kicks and penalties).

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 C9i1s

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Killer wrote:from Twitter: Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 70% of his goals at Real Madrid with just the one-touch (this total includes free kicks and penalties).Laughing

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 C9i1s

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Why did you quote yourself lmao?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:00 am

Wait.. One touch scoring is bad now? Dude, have you ever played football?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:01 am

Killer wrote:I think that Real should sell him and buy Suarez, Hazard and Pogba.

is the only way that Real can win La Decima

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 Ab1629f03d646a755830fc704f690b8b_400x400

Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

Thimmy wrote:
Killer wrote:I think that Real should sell him and buy Suarez, Hazard and Pogba.

is the only way that Real can win La Decima

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 10 Ab1629f03d646a755830fc704f690b8b_400x400

Rolling Eyes

rofl rofl rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:26 am

Laughing Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:21 am

Have you seen that one touch headed goal yesterday ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Cristiano footballing ability is limited when you compare him to a magician like messi or ibra . I don't understand why this point is so hard for some football fans to understand . Yes Cristiano has become a better goal stad padder than messi over the past year .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next