Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by titosantill on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:20 pm

i'd say that french team with zizou, makelele vierra et al carried ribery to that world cup final. he was good, scored that goal against spain, was a hardworker...but don't tell me we are going to credit ribery for getting france to the final. "went" to the final, doesn't make you some big shot all of a sudden. guess who else has been to the world cup final? burruchaga, luca toni. if france had gone to the one in 2014, with ribery leading the way, like how robben did for them to the semis, i'd give him props

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 pm

i can understand people making a case for robben cos he can and does have dynamic moments. even at madrid, he showed glimpses of them. prime for prime i won't put him ahead of cristiano. in terms of just fitness and getting to play many matches alone.....but ribery? sportsczy, this is too much. i don't expect this from you, i mean are we soon going to stylishly say ribery is better in the overall scheme of things than cristiano?

i have a problem with cristiano too, just like you and i think we should sell while we can still make some cash....but ribery over cristiano? i'll take it you're in a bad mood and not being serious....i expect this from certain fan-boys, not you...the transfer ban, the state of the club, what rafa put us through, i'll assume you're not in the best of moods.......i even forgot ribery went to a world cup final lol
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I'd take peak Ribéry or Robben over peak Cr.Ronaldo no questions asked, and no responses answered.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Peak Ribery was better than peak Robben btw...  you have no idea how much he helped Alaba both defensively and on the attack while Alaba was learning the fullback position and just football in general.  It's not like Kroos was really helping him much either.  Just as a comparison, he was at Di Maria level workrate in his top year at Madrid.

Again, i'm talking overall. Just so you know, i think Di Maria was our best player by far in Carlo's first year.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 pm

To me it's not even up for debate, prime Ronaldo is only second to prime Messi. Everybody else is a tier below.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
 Just so you know, i think Di Maria was our best player by far in Carlo's first year.

this, i agree with
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 pm

@titosantill wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:
 Just so you know, i think Di Maria was our best player by far in Carlo's first year.

this, i agree with

OK...  now imagine Di Maria level speed and work rate but much better finishing and the ability to use both feet.  That was Ribery in his prime.  

I don't even like Ribery.  I think he's a prima dona much like Henry was and a very poor leader.  BUT, i can't deny his quality and i never have.  I can't also deny that he did sacrifice himself a lot for the good of the team...  consummate team player.  If it weren't for him, France would have never made it to the WC in Brazil.  He carried the team.  In fact, the injuries you see right now had a lot to do with him playing through them during the Ukraine second leg.  He should never have played that game but he took painkillers and he got on the pitch. He paid severe consequences for that and couldn't even play the WC.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:34 pm

Sports is a bit biased (no offence) but chad is on another level. I mesn, he is more obsessed with ronaldo than barca fans are. Never seen someone to hate and undermine a player of the team he supports so much. The guy reallyy thinks that benzema is a better player than cristiano and has been more important to us.

Last edited by Valkyrja on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:45 pm

This thread has become Sports' new forum for expressing his distain for Ronaldo. At this point completely off topic!

As to Chad's rants, we all know what he is about. Best to ignore him as we have heard his never ending rants for 3 or 4 years now. If only there was something different to them, but no it's the same thing regardless of the topic or thread.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:47 am

Cristiano is indeed the most over rated player of all time.. He has been garbage for years but convinced people he's world class and even managed to squeeze out some Ballon D'ors.. He will go down as one of the greatest of all time when in reality, he's a bigger con-man than Blatter

Last edited by LeSwagg James on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 am

:facepalm: Lol, and how exactly did he convince people that he was world class?
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:02 pm

@futbol_bill wrote: :facepalm: Lol, and how exactly did he convince people that he was world class?

By taking stat padding to levels the human race has never seen before

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 pm

He was world class at one point. But his decline is just sad

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 am

@futbol_bill wrote:This thread has become Sports' new forum for expressing his distain for Ronaldo. At this point completely off topic!

As to Chad's rants, we all know what he is about. Best to ignore him as we have heard his never ending rants for 3 or 4 years now. If only there was something different to them, but no it's the same thing regardless of the topic or thread.

yeah right my rants are the truth, tell one thing i said that was wrong?

cr statpadding was one of the greatest hoax in football, plays every match virtually the same, shoot shoot and shoot, while everybody else is at fault, when their clearly being told to feed him every game, learn to watch a match before you go telling anybody to ignore posts.

how is benzema scoring now? when a coach genuinely asked him to focus on scoring, no mind games or you don't need to score speeches, just asking for goals and asking for more after every game, like i said before once he get that chance he is gonna silence the lot of you and he did Proud.

so tell me cr wasn't the one dictating the attacking tactics? it obvious and if you guys weren't focus on blaming benz for every time cr flopped you would have noticed 3 to 4 years ago too.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 am

He is shit, now close this thread. It's not worthy to continue in this way

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:48 pm

when one looks at higuains scoring record in italy this year, one wonders how many goals he could have scored if he was treated as the main striker when he was with us, as opposed to having to sacrifice himself for cristiano. dont get me wrong, higuain is not the best striker in the world no matter his scoring record, because he misses too many chances at crucial times, but he is still a top 3 striker.
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Will still take Benzema without a doubt any day of the week

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:01 pm

@Perucho21 wrote:Will still take Benzema without a doubt any day of the week

its hard to take anyone who thinks benzema is better striker than higuain seriously. such individuals have no footballing knowledge. mr florentino perez is the prime example.

having said that, benzema is better at link up play and he is a better attacking midfielder. anyways, no point of comparing them now that higuain was foolishly sold.
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 pm

@raulmadrid4vr wrote:its hard to take anyone who thinks benzema is better striker than higuain seriously. such individuals have no footballing knowledge. mr florentino perez is the prime example.

having said that, benzema is better at link up play and he is a better attacking midfielder. anyways, no point of comparing them now that higuain was foolishly sold.

gtfo

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 pm

So saying Benzema is a better striker than Higuain, which he is, means I have no footballing knowledge?

Anyways not the thread to talk about this.

Ronaldo, again had an underwhelming performance. What does he seriously offer to this current Madrid team?

Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Another bad performance...

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:22 am

@Perucho21 wrote:So saying Benzema is a better striker than Higuain, which he is, means I have no footballing knowledge?

Anyways not the thread to talk about this.

Ronaldo, again had an underwhelming performance. What does he seriously offer to this current Madrid team?

He doesn't offer anything, he's even missing 1 vs 1, i don't know if it's anxiety or what, but he literally needs 5 chances to make one goal, the worst thing it's the team feels the need to feed him every time no matter if he's not in the best position, Marcelo trying to reach him every time it's so predictable, he had Benz open several times and chose to go go with Ronaldo.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Benzema is a much better player then Higuain. Sorry buddy.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:03 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:Benzema is a much better player then Higuain. Sorry buddy.

higuain has always been a better striker while they were at real. i remember when perez was forcing higuain on the bench, higuain was still scoring more than benzema. higuain has always had a better goal/minute ratio than benzema.

and now, higuain is being compared to maradona at napoli.

anyone who says benzema is a better striker is simply clueless about football. sorry.

anyways, no need to drag on this discussion. perez forced higuain out. its not the first foolish thing he did, and it wont be the last. lets just hope cristiano leaves and we thrive under zidane, because it seems like perez will give zidane more freedom than other coaches, perhaps even more than mourinho.
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:13 pm

@raulmadrid4vr wrote:

higuain has always been a better striker while they were at real. i remember when perez was forcing higuain on the bench, higuain was still scoring more than benzema. higuain has always had a better goal/minute ratio than benzema.

anyone who says benzema is a better striker is simply clueless about football. sorry.

anyways, no need to drag on this discussion. perez forced higuain out. its not the first foolish thing he did, and it wont be the last. lets just hope cristiano leaves and we thrive under zidane, because it seems like perez will give zidane more freedom than other coaches, perhaps even more than mourinho.

rofl

hmm:
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:30 pm

@raulmadrid4vr wrote:

This is stupid. Post stats of Higuains goal/minute ratio to benzemas or do not post non sense

Also, Higuain was the biggest big game flop of all time. How many CL goals does he have again?

And let's not talk about assists or creating or actual footballing ability. During his time here it was plainly obvious that higuain did not have half the skill benzema had.

Just because Higuain is tearing it up in a league worse then the Portuguese league does not mean he is maradona.

And the only person who compared him to maradona was fking harmonica. Have a nice day

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next