Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:30 pm

@raulmadrid4vr wrote:
@FennecFox7 wrote:Benzema is a much better player then Higuain. Sorry buddy.


higuain has always been a better striker while they were at real. i remember when perez was forcing higuain on the bench, higuain was still scoring more than benzema. higuain has always had a better goal/minute ratio than benzema.

and now, higuain is being compared to maradona at napoli.

anyone who says benzema is a better striker is simply clueless about football. sorry.

anyways, no need to drag on this discussion. perez forced higuain out. its not the first foolish thing he did, and it wont be the last. lets just hope cristiano leaves and we thrive under zidane, because it seems like perez will give zidane more freedom than other coaches, perhaps even more than mourinho.


This is stupid. Post stats of Higuains goal/minute ratio to benzemas or do not post non sense

Also, Higuain was the biggest big game flop of all time. How many CL goals does he have again?

And let's not talk about assists or creating or actual footballing ability. During his time here it was plainly obvious that higuain did not have half the skill benzema had.

Just because Higuain is tearing it up in a league worse then the Portuguese league does not mean he is maradona.

And the only person who compared him to maradona was fking harmonica. Have a nice day

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6043
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Not to mention that Benz has 21 goals in 20 appearances this season all comps (started 18 of those games)... while Higuain has 23 goals in 24 appearances (started 22 of those games). So even during this huge Higuain hype year, Benzema is right there in terms of performance.

No longer a huge Benz fan... but he's been phenomenal this year despite having to maneuver around Bale and CR for chances.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14458
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by LeBéninois on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:31 pm

@FennecFox7 wrote:
@raulmadrid4vr wrote:
@FennecFox7 wrote:Benzema is a much better player then Higuain. Sorry buddy.


higuain has always been a better striker while they were at real. i remember when perez was forcing higuain on the bench, higuain was still scoring more than benzema. higuain has always had a better goal/minute ratio than benzema.

and now, higuain is being compared to maradona at napoli.

anyone who says benzema is a better striker is simply clueless about football. sorry.

anyways, no need to drag on this discussion. perez forced higuain out. its not the first foolish thing he did, and it wont be the last. lets just hope cristiano leaves and we thrive under zidane, because it seems like perez will give zidane more freedom than other coaches, perhaps even more than mourinho.


This is stupid. Post stats of Higuains goal/minute ratio to benzemas or do not post non sense

Also, Higuain was the biggest big game flop of all time. How many CL goals does he have again?

And let's not talk about assists or creating or actual footballing ability. During his time here it was plainly obvious that higuain did not have half the skill benzema had.

Just because Higuain is tearing it up in a league worse then the Portuguese league does not mean he is maradona.

And the only person who compared him to maradona was fking harmonica. Have a nice day


Agree. Higuain couldn't even coexist with Ronaldo anyways whereas Benzema had the ability to change his game to do so.
Higuain is a very good striker but there is no debate between him and Benzema.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
avatar
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3883
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Eneide on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 am

Lol...every time I see Higuain...I remember his big miss against Lyon(after the overrated CR7 had put us in front by the way) in the champions league. You can't seriously compare him to Benz.

Eneide
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:36 am

Benz is a better footballer, he has more faces to his game. Higuain might be a better 9 though. He has better finishing, is faster, and is much much better at breaking the offside trap. The Argentinian has the instincts of a pure classic 9, why Benzema is more of a playmaker, much better at creating space for the others

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9691
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Clutch on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:59 am

We're seriously having a Benz vs Higuain debate here on this thread? Laughing

Clutch
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 123
Join date : 2015-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Claudio84 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 am

@sportsczy wrote:Not to mention that Benz has 21 goals in 20 appearances this season all comps (started 18 of those games)... while Higuain has 23 goals in 24 appearances (started 22 of those games). So even during this huge Higuain hype year, Benzema is right there in terms of performance.

No longer a huge Benz fan... but he's been phenomenal this year despite having to maneuver around Bale and CR for chances.

And he has to dealt with the Valbuena case, imo Benzema is way better

@Valkyrja I don't think Higuain is better finisher than Benzema, he's a better header and faster for sure but not a better finisher.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2015-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Myesyats on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:48 am

They're on a similar level tbh... None is really much better than the other.

_________________
“In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins.”
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 6210
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by chad4401 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:23 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:Benz is a better footballer, he has more faces to his game. Higuain might be a better 9 though. He has better finishing, is faster, and is much much better at breaking the offside trap. The Argentinian has the instincts of a pure classic 9, why Benzema is more of a playmaker, much better at creating space for the others


so much garbage you and lots of others don't know anything about CF, how many times you guys talk about benzema never being capable cause he is not a natural, he is more of 10/SS,weak mentality,etc, watch the guy barely touch the ball all game, then come on the forum talking like an experts, when all the he needed was consistent service and a shooting license, just like I said for years but then again, the benz hate/underrating wasn't about performances anyway, its just a way to prop up higs legend even though he flopped way more than benzema ever did Laughing.

val: "benzema would play worse if he got more touches and chances" rofl, sometimes i wonder why some of you even post about certain players.

sports still trying to pass off that benz hate as legit, when your still butthurt about that pogba being useless comment good Proud.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:43 pm

He is not a SS. He played there for France a few times behind G-ru and wasn't good. He is a pivot imo. Hes at his best as CF with a goalscorer who makes runs from deeper. He is supremely talented so even if he is mostly looking to create chances and space for others he still scores very much. Higuain on the other hand is a pure goalscorer, most of the time looking to make runs, break the offside trap and and finish chances. He's not as good technically as the Frenchman but not a slouch either. He can dribble, pass and create too. But he's not looking for that, and that's the main reason he left us from my point of view, not because of his competition with Benzema. We would have won the treble in 2014 if we had had both of them.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9691
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:15 pm

@chad4401 wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:Benz is a better footballer, he has more faces to his game. Higuain might be a better 9 though. He has better finishing, is faster, and is much much better at breaking the offside trap. The Argentinian has the instincts of a pure classic 9, why Benzema is more of a playmaker, much better at creating space for the others


so much garbage you and lots of others don't know anything about CF, how many times you guys talk about benzema never being capable cause he is not a natural, he is more of 10/SS,weak mentality,etc, watch the guy barely touch the ball all game, then come on the forum talking like an experts, when all the he needed was consistent service and a shooting license, just like I said for years but then again, the benz hate/underrating wasn't about performances anyway, its just a way to prop up higs legend even though he flopped way more than benzema ever did Laughing.

val: "benzema would play worse if he got more touches and chances" rofl, sometimes i wonder why some of you even post about certain players.

sports still trying to pass off that benz hate as legit, when your still butthurt about that pogba being useless comment good Proud.
it was not about hype, Higuain was just a better n9 and most people could see that. You being a contrarian doesnt make everyone wrong per default. I would still argue that Higuain is still a better 9. Benzema had the talent to become any type of player he wanted, but HE CHOSE to defer to CR, while Higuain was focusing on being what he knew he was.

That being said, he is not a better player, and we got the better deal by selling him over Benzema. It's only now that Benzema is fighting to stay in position, doesnt concede room to CR as before and is scoring more in the league.

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23037
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Valkyrja on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:45 pm

He's still playing second fiddle to CR, just that the Portuguese is in awful form.


Benzema has been super good this season, on par with Suarez and better than the other competitors. He's been incredible tbh

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9691
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:He is not a SS. He played there for France a few times behind G-ru and wasn't good. He is a pivot imo. Hes at his best as CF with a goalscorer who makes runs from deeper. He is supremely talented so even if he is mostly looking to create chances and space for others he still scores very much. Higuain on the other hand is a pure goalscorer, most of the time looking to make runs, break the offside trap and and finish chances. He's not as good technically as the Frenchman but not a slouch either. He can dribble, pass and create too. But he's not looking for that, and that's the main reason he left us from my point of view, not because of his competition with Benzema. We would have won the treble in 2014 if we had had both of them.
Higuain's movement is his biggest strength. He knows how to get into really dangerous positions when he is off the ball, and he is one of the best in the world at doing that. He can shoot well with both feet (his right foot is really strong) and has a decent long shot too. Having said that, Benzema is way more talented on the ball.

_________________
There is no God but Florentino Perez and Zidane is his messenger.
"Noventa minuti en el Bernabéu son molto longo" ~ Juan Gómez González Juanito

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by chad4401 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:25 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:

it was not about hype, Higuain was just a better n9 and most people could see that. You being a contrarian doesnt make everyone wrong per default. I would still argue that Higuain is still a better 9. Benzema had the talent to become any type of player he wanted, but HE CHOSE to defer to CR, while Higuain was focusing on being what he knew he was.

That being said, he is not a better player, and we got the better deal by selling him over Benzema. It's only now that Benzema is fighting to stay in position, doesnt concede room to CR as before and is scoring more in the league.


im not buying higs was a better 9 no way, i never heard anyone doubted benzema has 9 before mou said it, then everybody and their grandmother started reading body language,talking about mentality and all kind of other crap, when it clear as day the team had never once before this season, actually viewed him as a player that should be a scoring threat, for the whole season and not just the games that are too big for cr.

benzema didn't choose to defer to cr, its has always been about the tactics, the difference between benz and higs, is benz has way more ability and can do whatever is asked of him, not because he was a lesser 9, never got this reasoning either, benzema is the only player i have seen where being a complete footballer makes you weaker at your position.

rafa already proven my point as fact, give benzema a bigger role, license to shoot and more service, then see what happens, he is just has good as a 9 as any out there, and he is still not the focal point of the attack either.

end of day just because higs can't do anything other than being a 9, doesn't make him the better one, especially all the games he flopped and benzema had to clean up after him, even though he no where near higs as 9, does that make any sense? hell no.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 am

@chad4401 wrote:end of day just because higs can't do anything other than being a 9, doesn't make him the better one, especially all the games he flopped and benzema had to clean up after him
Past is past. He used to be a big game bottler, now he is a different player. Current Higuain is killing it. Saying that Higuain can't do anything other than being a 9 can't be further away from the truth lol. He isn't a Chicarito-type player who stays near the opposition defensive line 99% of the time, hoping for a through ball and trying to break the offside trap. His performances this season have been very complete, with him contributing in all aspects of the game.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:43 am

So yes, back to the topic, Cristiano Ronaldo is not an efficient goalscorer by any means. He consistently needs about 10 shots to score 1 goal Laughing.

_________________
There is no God but Florentino Perez and Zidane is his messenger.
"Noventa minuti en el Bernabéu son molto longo" ~ Juan Gómez González Juanito

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by chad4401 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 am

im not judging higs as he is now, i can see he is a much better player, but at his time at madrid he had a lot of questionable performances that get swept under the rug, and lot of great 9 performances from benz always get labeled as ss/10 category, just to hold on to the hig was a better 9 argument as fact, we all know this Laughing.


_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:37 am

I wouldn't exactly say he was a better 9. He was a more 'aggressive' runner off the ball, making more runs towards the opposition goal. But what use are those runs when your composure fails you in front of goal?

_________________
There is no God but Florentino Perez and Zidane is his messenger.
"Noventa minuti en el Bernabéu son molto longo" ~ Juan Gómez González Juanito

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am

How did this Ronaldo thread become yet another Benz vs Pepito topic? Where the hell are the mods?
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by El Blanco Madridista on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 am

Well, things tend to get chaotic here. Laughing

_________________
There is no God but Florentino Perez and Zidane is his messenger.
"Noventa minuti en el Bernabéu son molto longo" ~ Juan Gómez González Juanito

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 am

Depends how you define 9... Higuain was never a better 9. He was a box type 9 while Benz was more than that. A good comparison is Rvp v Huntelaar. Higuain = Huntelaar while Benz = RVP.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 14458
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Kick on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:04 am

Since I cannot be bothered going through and removing all the Benz Vs Higgs stuff, how about we stop it and return to the topic? Otherwise I'll lock the thread.

_________________


#Carefree #kaspbffl
avatar
Kick
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 32902
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:58 pm

You might as well lock it. The ronaldo stuff as well as the Benz / Pepito stuff has been besten to death. All we have been getting, for 4 years, is repetition on both sides of the debates / arguments, by the same guys!
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:25 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with bill

This subforum is declining and a big reason is because we talk about either
1. How much ronaldo sucks cock
2. Benz vs the world

Can we talk about something else like idk.. kovacic deserving more chances, or something relevant.

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by chad4401 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

this forum rofl, amazing when you guys want to shat on benz no prob making thread after thread right bill? but, let it be about something good, can't stand talking about it, hypocrisy Laughing.

hope benzema continues to scores a lot more, so i can watch some of you pretend not to be salty about it.

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:40 pm

How would I want to shat on benz. Look at my country flag. You aren't even algerian brah. You don't get a say like I do.

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum