Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

+64
El Blanco Madridista
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
Claudio84
Hapless_Hans
guest_07
Nivash
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
rwo power
sree999
M99
Kick
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Jack Daniels
shadexticos
terrance511
Lupi
Beautiful Football
futbol
titosantill
Nedved
jibers
Robespierre
Killer
Motogp69
Uncanny
sportsczy
chad4401
Cyborg
buddytaller
Adit
Pedram
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
izzy
Arquitecto
Doc
Valkyrja
Babun
Kuru
guest7
LeBĂ©ninois
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
punkfusion1992
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
ijomer
Calebvision
the xcx
StevieRayVaughan
Mamad
Onyx
la bestia negra
Ganso
raulmadrid4vr
68 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Zealous Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:10 pm

yes, but he shouldn't get all the blame if we don't win. Unless you guys are prepared to give him all the credit if we win.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Kuru Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Zealous wrote:What ever bro. I guess you think Van Der Vaart would have done a better job. Rolling Eyes

Ronaldo is our best player and one of the best players in the world and will be remembered as one of the best of his generation by the time he retires. I'm happy Cristiano plays for us. He's awesome and we could certainly do a lot worse than him.
Don't listen to them zeal, they expect him to take the ball from his goal and dribble the whole team..

We just need him to pass more, and stop ruining our flow.

And no, I never liked Ronaldo in our system. so I won't jump ships when he scores, I didn't when he scored that header in the Copa final, after he wasted another good chance midgame.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Ronaldo has a good chance of getting most of the credit if he performs and scores.

Being the second best player in the World he needs to perform better and take his chances.

But then again Ronaldo's just a poacher nowadays. It's why I think Benzema is a better player since he offers more overall.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:37 pm

i was focusing more on the topic of this thread rather than is ronaldo good for us.

scoring loads against weak teams is inflating his rating because you look at his stats and wow look at how many goals. look closer and you see the lack of game winning goals, look closer and you see how many penalty goals and tap ins.

this does not mean he is a bad player i still rate him top 3 but he is being criminally overrated because his stats are not descriptive of his play

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:33 pm

deezydeez wrote:i was focusing more on the topic of this thread rather than is ronaldo good for us.

scoring loads against weak teams is inflating his rating because you look at his stats and wow look at how many goals. look closer and you see the lack of game winning goals, look closer and you see how many penalty goals and tap ins.

this does not mean he is a bad player i still rate him top 3 but he is being criminally overrated because his stats are not descriptive of his play
I agree with you but the thread title is over the top eco smile
He isn't some overrated nobody. My problems with him are on different level eco smile I don't like our team focus on him, him and Benguain should get equally good service from the rest of the players eco smile
And he is ineffective against our worst rivals... :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMxcpc2D4c&feature=watch_response

The best free-kick taker in the world !!!
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 am

he performs all right in cl lol.. performed against lyon, spurs, milan and he made that run for that disallowed higuain goal.. played only 4 matches this cl did pretty well against lyon both legs and against ajax
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:19 pm

zece wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMxcpc2D4c&feature=watch_response

The best free-kick taker in the world !!!

Finally, a stat to back the claim up. Why he keeps taking free-kick, even though other players had more accuracy with it (Ozil,Xabi,Sahin) is beyond me.

On topic, Ronaldo is certainly not the most overrated player of all
time, he's a very good player, but doesn't deserve to be the second best
player in the world, nor does he deserve to be untouchable in Madrid,
and he certainly doesn't deserve to have the team built on him.

Last edited by Kuru on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Sorry for the double posts.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:48 pm

I wonder which player wagon would Mamad jump on next?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Doc wrote:I wonder which player wagon would Mamad jump on next?

You know what? Your right actually as I can remember him being a large advocate and supporter for CR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah I remember he used to say Messi is a NT team flop Ronaldo is not etc etc

Btw, Ronaldo is the heskey of free kicks lmao, the amount of times he hits the wall O_O
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Arquitecto wrote:You know what? Your right actually as I can remember him being a large advocate and supporter for CR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You certainly are not wrong Arqui. He was very much pro - Cristiano not too long ago. Whatever is his reasons for being so anti - Cristiano is something he probably has written but I couldn't be arsed to read.

I know you have been critical of Cristiano but surely you could see the foolishness taking place in this once really nice section of the forums...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Doc wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:You know what? Your right actually as I can remember him being a large advocate and supporter for CR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You certainly are not wrong Arqui. He was very much pro - Cristiano not too long ago. Whatever is his reasons for being so anti - Cristiano is something he probably has written but I couldn't be arsed to read.

I know you have been critical of Cristiano but surely you could see the foolishness taking place in this once really nice section of the forums...

Honest to God, I really do fear for Benzema.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 pm

izzy26 wrote:Honest to God, I really do fear for Benzema.

Just like Cristiano, he too would face the inevitable backlash when he messes up and he would. I just wonder who is the next one in line...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Nobody will be criticized like Ronaldo. because nobody is as arrogant and selfish as him.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

If consistency is a good thing then me and Doc are one of the few posters who display it :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 am

Hmm, strange Mamad would say that when Marca basically made a GTFO campaign against Higuain after being knocked out of the UCL and that was worst than what Cristiano is currently receiving. Is he Higuain arrogant and selfish, I don't think so.

Anyway, what bothers me about all this is that some of you not too long ago really was all up under him including the poster I'm pointing out. And now there is this anti - Cristiano campaign which is really baffling. The criticism is warranted definitely (hence why I supported Nick's thread on the GS) as he really has been nothing short of disappointing ever since his horrible showing in the Clasico but Jesus Christ, get a grip men.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 am

Ronaldo will have a great game against barca!
And then the all will be solved.
Plus I predict he will end his drought of free kick goals.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 am

Lol at former Cristiano fanboys hating him now.. I stick by my fave players through thick and thin :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 am

Doc wrote:Hmm, strange Mamad would say that when Marca basically made a GTFO campaign against Higuain after being knocked out of the UCL and that was worst than what Cristiano is currently receiving. Is he Higuain arrogant and selfish, I don't think so.

Anyway, what bothers me about all this is that some of you not too long ago really was all up under him including the poster I'm pointing out. And now there is this anti - Cristiano campaign which is really baffling. The criticism is warranted definitely (hence why I supported Nick's thread on the GS) as he really has been nothing short of disappointing ever since his horrible showing in the Clasico but Jesus Christ, get a grip men.

sevilla at ramon sanchez pizuan , a venue where we have been having a lot of trouble recently. ronaldo has destroyed them both times there..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Doc wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well thats what I thought haha. Thanks.

As for his reasons? Only he would know but frankly its disappointing to have such polarity in sudden opinion.

As for CR7, I'm not surprised how you believe I'm critical of CR7 lately as frankly I admit I have, and a bit too much these days.

But what would surprise you is that I actually am a very big fan of CR7.

Trust me, I don't criticize him for his under performances against Barca as I know the reason behind that and its a somewhat valid one. What is it? A serious case of a mental block and the inertia behind it is one heck of a job to put it in laymans terms.

I criticize him just on very minor things such as his attitude when playing for Portugal which essentially is the result of his under performances for that. I also criticize him for attitude when losing as despite his will to win during that time is admirable, he channels that frustration the wrong way by taking matters a little to much into his own hands rather than his teammates.

The rest which is his lack of team play, his overdoing tricks or any other annoyances of him are actually A PART OF HIM as this is what makes the player that is Cristiano Ronaldo as trying to subdue those traits too much is taking away from the man who destroyed teams on a weekly basis.

This previous point is arguable so I'd understand.

Conclusively, my way of criticism is more impulsive than constructive admittedly as I do this out of frustration. Recent examples of similarly harsh criticism of players are of players of my own teams that I support.

But it doesn't mean I do it out of ill intent or malevolence despite my questionable method of criticism.

I wrote FAR more than I should have but my final point will be CR needs to improve not his mentality, but his TEAM mentality to think more about them and less about himself. I might be wrong on his mentality here but I see this somewhat of the RM fans source of frustration.

I personally feel Xabi Alonso is the best player in RM but that could be my Basque bias or that I feel he is the soul of the Madrid play.

But aside from that Cristiano is by FAR the best player in RM and has been since he came. Benzema and Higgy atm have a long way to go before they reach this level.

The dissension towards him is uncalled for and frankly, absurd as he is being used as a scapegoat.

I wouldn't be surprised if some are just plain jealous of his looks or fame. (Harsh, I know)

As for his big game flop accusation by fans? That myth has been long dispelled, I can provide dozens of examples within his stint in RM alone to respond to his haters here.

Plus, he'll be back to the CR you guys know.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Arq :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:34 pm

@Doc : I don't think Bernabeu will boo Higuain like Ronaldo. actually it's not the first time. in past 3 years many times fans booed Cristiano.

and to all people who say i was a fanboy or craps like this, there is nothing wrong in admitting your mistakes. i was wrong to defend Ronaldo like that.

i hope Cristiano Shines against Barca this time. because if he shines my team has a better chance to win and that's all that matters.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm

if he shines for the next couple of clasicos and we win trophies will you be back to defending him??? or will will you still say he is shite???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:13 pm

The Chamartin hasn't booed Cristiano many times though. It is why it is being talked about at such great lengths as such an occasion hasn't happened often.

Also, you weren't wrong to defend Cristiano as he is a Real Madrid player and it's a normal thing for fans to defend the players of their favourite club. However, the way you guys hype up a player and then shoot him down for (insert reason) and pick up some other player to be the messiah of the club is embarrassing. Not to mention actually calling the club's leading goal scorer "shit" is something that only a Real Madrid fan would do.

Even Nick, who from the start wasn't keen on Cristiano or Mourinho, has been fair in (some) of his posts about him and that is really something telling.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next