Arquitecto
Red Alert
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Suarez saga Empty Suarez saga

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 am

Gave up with the general section.

Discuss / add articles on what's going on Suarez. Ask questions if you don't understand.

There is no doubt we are going to appeal. There is no way you can have 1/4 of the world thinking you're a racist when there's no evidence of such behaviour.

There's three stories to every story. The "truth" is still not out there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Suarez saga Empty Re: Suarez saga

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

Balanced and fair, even in the face of some heinous hatchet jobs on Suarez and the club by the likes of Oliver Holt and David Maddock in The Mirror within an hour of the verdict.

Let me just echo my already expressed sentiments on this whole thing:

It's sickening. It's the last thing I want to see associated with LFC. If Suarez is guilty of racism, throw the book at him but if not, well....

I've said a million times that this is, ironically, not a black and white situation....it's GREY, people.. That said, how have those incompetent gimps in the FA managed to turn it into such an almighty *bleep* of ambiguity and foggy thinking?!

Produce the evidence, explain the charge. It may not be possible to definitively say if Suarez had any malicious intent or if Evra is a paranoid liar, but if you are going to announce to the world that Luis Suarez is "guilty" of racism and dole out an eight game ban, can you please *bleep* explain WHY?

Racism is not acceptable at LFC and I find it hard to believe they would risk their burgeoning status worldwide in some kind of blind defence of the indefensible and that is why so much of my peace-of-mind depends on my faith in the integrity of Kenny and others at the top of the LFC tree, here. The statement is emphatic, aggressive and indignant. It would be easier if we could all feel that way. Many of us are uneasy about this, however...precisely BECAUSE of the greyness I spoke of earlier.

Now, if the club do appeal, how long will this debacle continue to sulley the reputation of LFC? What of Suarez in the interim?

This is grim stuff. If he simply serves the ban can you even begin to imagine the situation on his return?! Imagine the tabloid demonisation. Imagine the wider media campaign of hate. Imagine the poisonous atmosphere at away grounds. Jesus, imagine the refereeing decisions....

This raises the unpalatable possibility that Suarez's position may become untenable. That the move to Real or Barca that we all secretly feared might well happen sooner rather than later. And again, will we ever know the truth that leads to such a cataclysmic scenario?

The whole thing has left me utterly despondent and nauseated. There's more than a whiff of impropriety and injustice here but if the case against him was proved I'd be the first to wave the guy off. FA incompetence has denied us the chance of any clarity outside of "he did it 'cause Patrice said so".

On a purely footy note, Kenny has got some serius horse-whispering to do with Big Andy now.....
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 am

My sig > This saga.

I am done.. This is boring .. Won't comment further until any new evidence.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

I know next to nothing about this whole thing... bounce

Was Suarez caught on video saying those things to Evra?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am

Not one word.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Now.Red posted some of this , but I don't know WTH he removed it but have a read.

> An article outlining the role and history of racism in English professional football....good pre-reading to anyone who wants to truly gain a deep understanding of the context-http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2001/dec/18/highereducation.books

A case study for you to look at......a real racism case with actual merit....that was not enforced.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/schmeichel-faces-racist-abuse-charge-1279851.html?CMP=ILC-refresh

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/LIES!%3B+Fergie+fury+over+Wright+race+slur+on+Schmeichel.-a061127771

In this case now punishment was handed out.If you read through this understanding you will clearly see that Sir Alex Ferguson continued Criticism of Suarez and Gus Poyet- an outspoken defender of Suarez is ironic , prejucaical and inflamatory, and derogotary.

Patrice Evra never played the race card before? Don't believe that idiot article spreading like wildfire across Man Utd forums.

How can one actively pusue a Racism case without a plaintiff..........that's all there is really, he would've had to bring the matter up.....wether he choose to pusue it legally and exhaustively is a deifferent matter.Anyway......those claims only mention PL incidents, here is another incident where he "played" the race card

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/793670/ce/uk/&cc=3888

Bear in mind that you can play the race card in many ways and for many reasons......not soley to see legal punishment brought upon it's accuser.It can be done for slander and it can be done to evoke sympathy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Is he banned for Wigan game tonight?
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 pm

It all is bit confusing tbh.First Suarez said he never called Evra a "Negro" and then later admitted that he indeed called Evra "negro" but that was not racist in Uruguay.

If Suarez wasnt caught on video footage calling Evra "Negro" then why exactly did he change his earlier stand?If Suarez was actually caught on video then why isnt FA releasing the video evidence to public domain?

If its true that he id call Evra the racist word then he deserves the punishment.And i dont believe in conspiracies that United played this whole thing.And frankly i never believe in conspiracy theories any way.

Whatever the final decision is in appeal (which i am sure we will do) Suarez deserves our full support atleast in my view.

And finally i dont this will have a big impact on his future in Liverpool considering the way the club and Kenny has backed him.Even if the appeal fail i can see them maintaining Suarez's innocence and thats probably the smart way to proceed for the club too.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Real11 wrote:Is he banned for Wigan game tonight?

For those that don't know, he is not banned yet... not really.

He has 14 days to lodge an appeal. Judging from the club's statement, that is GOING to happen. Suarez can play until 1.}the 14 days go by without an appeal 2.) Suarez waives his right to appeal or 3.) the appeal runs its course.

In other words, he will be able to play in the immediate future,
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7375482/john-terry-chelsea-face-criminal-charge-racism-claim

What a joke... They give Suarez 8 games and 40,000, and Terry only gets 2,000 in fines?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Suarez has NOT admitted to calling Evra anything other than "a term his own teammates use". It is assumed this means "negrito" as Javier Hernandez has been quoted using the term in past interviews.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Has FA made Suarez a pawn in it's game with Sepp!

I think this is one of the highest (if not the highest) penalty in case of inappropriate behavior of a player. But if it were really that bad, I'm sure the build-up would have been different. I mean there wasn't even that much media bashing.

There's loads of colored (from different continent) players in Dutch League and no complaints about Suarez. Then suddenly...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:36 pm

They are asking for us to get point deduction now.

Let`s just forfeit from this league and move to SPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm

This is gonna be a case study in sports law if the FA over do it.

You can't just do shit like this with no evidence.

It just never holds up in court.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:15 am

Rumours going 'round that the club have banned The Mirror from future club events (home games, press conferences, etc).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 am

L.O.L
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm

RedOranje wrote:Rumours going 'round that the club have banned The Mirror from future club events (home games, press conferences, etc).

1st major step to stop idiocy ! ! drinking banana
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:03 pm

An eight game ban is ridiculous when the case / evidence are so vague.

But, you know, Luis must have learnt his lesson by now. There's also the finger gesture after the Fulham game. He cannot keep on testing the limits of what he can do, because it's obvious that the English FA - perhaps rightly so - are very strict about these things and everything gets spotted in the Premier League. Luis must stop this sort of borderline-behaviour because it has been proven by now that it will only cost Liverpool FC and the player himself.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 pm

I think the finger gesture was ridiculous and he should be punished for it. He was in the wrong, and there are rules about that in every major sport in every Western country. It saddens me that people associate guilt in one with guilt in others though.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:46 pm

stevieg8 wrote:I think the finger gesture was ridiculous and he should be punished for it. He was in the wrong, and there are rules about that in every major sport in every Western country. It saddens me that people associate guilt in one with guilt in others though.

While wrong, isn't it ridiculous other players can do it and get away with it? The FA are bound to lose even more face if they were to charge him and not bother about other incidents of the exact same nature.

This Suarez situation is ridiculous. The papers have been quick to label him a racist, but nothing of the sort for Terry. I hope he is strong enough to stay here and knows the club and fans are a 100% behind him.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:I think the finger gesture was ridiculous and he should be punished for it. He was in the wrong, and there are rules about that in every major sport in every Western country. It saddens me that people associate guilt in one with guilt in others though.

While wrong, isn't it ridiculous other players can do it and get away with it? The FA are bound to lose even more face if they were to charge him and not bother about other incidents of the exact same nature.

This Suarez situation is ridiculous. The papers have been quick to label him a racist, but nothing of the sort for Terry. I hope he is strong enough to stay here and knows the club and fans are a 100% behind him.

True, but that means they should punish the others, not that they shouldn't punish Suarez. Completely agreed with you on the issue about the racism though. The comments on ESPN on the Suarez articles vs. the ones on the Terry article showed the same double standard - people were LIVID that Terry got anything, but everyone was very quick to call Suarez racist. It's ridiculous.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 pm

steviegpvfc in the house :bow:

But your writing abilities have improved and you are now capable of complex thinking,what happened brah? Sad
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:58 pm

VibeTribe wrote:steviegpvfc in the house :bow:

But your writing abilities have improved and you are now capable of complex thinking,what happened brah? Sad

Don't think it's the same person.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah no idea who that is.
stevieg8
stevieg8