Yeezus
schwarzgelb
McLewis
Twoism
Le Samourai
31 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by CBarca Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 8:27

It's been too long since I've posted stuff in here, so I promise to start occasionally hitting this thread up with some new stuff (y).

What better way to kickstart such an occasion with a single off of Sufjan Stevens' new album "Carrie and Lowell"? This song is beautiful, and the transition in the middle of the song is absolutely incredible to me--both stylistically and the way in which it is executed.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this new album, and I've heard the first couple songs and love it. I look forward to hearing the rest. I'll probably put out some older Sufjan stuff too since I've gotten into him not too long ago (after knowing I should have for over a year).

Not indie, but definitely alternative. Either way, worth checking out as I'm delighted to have started listening to him recently.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Indie/Alternative thread. - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Indie/Alternative thread.

Post by El Gunner Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 8:58

Nice Thumbs up
I'm trying to get into some softer, more funkier stuff lately, my entire teenage years has been too much hard hip hop and p*ssy money weed Laughing
Thing is though, there's so much to try out I don't know where to start. Friend of mine also recommended a few indie bands to me the other day, think they are Years and Years, Birdie and Paramour, anyway, haven't gotten around to them yet, which is exactly my point. I have lots of time on my hand atm but I still don't get the chance/time to listen to any of it Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 17 Apr 2015 - 8:05

A new song by St. Vincent recently well worth checking out.

Another Sufjan song worth checking out, from a decade ago on his critically acclaimed album (also worth checking out) Illinois
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 19 Apr 2015 - 23:16

This is an interesting live version of this song by Jose Gonzalez. Not sure if I like it more than the studio version...I think I do. The live aspect and his voice are just brilliant, more heartwarming (and perhaps heartbreaking) than the studio version.

He did this live at the concert last night (went to see him, highly recommend, he was fantastic)

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 0:47

A friend showed me this song--very good song. Slightly different than the stuff I usually post but still low tempo kind of more mellow stuff. I really like it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 8:54

This song has a really catchy chorus, hope you guys enjoy

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun 26 Apr 2015 - 9:05

Also, here is a song from a band at my school. They recently opened at a concert we had this weekend.

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:56

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 8 May 2015 - 6:14

Been vibing these guys for a solid *bleep* year now man, honestly easily one of the best bands in Aus right now, would defo give them a listen.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Full new album:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 29 Jun 2015 - 2:17

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 23 Jul 2015 - 0:48

Singer is Norwegian Proud
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 5:53

FKA Twigs - Two Weeks:

Cannot get enough of this song right now. The rest of her stuff is well worth checking out too..

FKA Twigs - M3LL155X:

She's definitely out there and not for everyone, but I've just heard about her a little bit ago and I'm quite impressed.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 6:28

Jeff Buckley - Lilac Wine:

Not indie obviously but wow...what an incredible voice. Jeff Buckley is an insane singer. Had this song stuck in my head during my chemistry exam and it did wonders for calming me down. Beautiful, simple song.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 5 Nov 2015 - 23:51

The Milk Carton Kids - Shooting Shadows:

Saw them in concert two days ago. Amazing show, and they have the best banter.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat 14 Nov 2015 - 23:39

Poets of the Fall, a very underrated band from Finland. those who have played Alan Wake and Max Payne 2 should know them.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 6:33

Team me are an indie band from Elverum, Norway. They make upbeat, pop-rock music Very Happy

cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 6:42

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 30 Nov 2015 - 7:33

I have to highly recommend this guy. He has such a great voice, and the instrumentals complement so well. He's got it all for him from the voice to the sound that he puts out to make it mainstream. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops an album, gets some publicity and ends up hitting mainstream success on the next album. It's possible he hits up some great success on his debut album if he makes a good enough album tbh.

He's certainly talented. Saw him live opening for Hey Rosetta! and was very impressed. Didn't know who he was at the time. Anyway, this is Kevin Garrett.

Kevin Garrett - Coloring:

Kevin Garrett - Control:

Kevin Garrett - Refuse:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon 30 Nov 2015 - 10:41

CBarca wrote:I have to highly recommend this guy. He has such a great voice, and the instrumentals complement so well. He's got it all for him from the voice to the sound that he puts out to make it mainstream. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops an album, gets some publicity and ends up hitting mainstream success on the next album. It's possible he hits up some great success on his debut album if he makes a good enough album tbh.

He's certainly talented. Saw him live opening for Hey Rosetta! and was very impressed. Didn't know who he was at the time. Anyway, this is Kevin Garrett.

Kevin Garrett - Coloring:

Kevin Garrett - Control:

Kevin Garrett - Refuse:

I like it. He's got a great voice, clearly. I thought Team Me would enjoy more mainstream success, but they disbanded this year, after only recently hitting the top of the charts in countries like, Japan :/
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 19 Dec 2015 - 7:33

Holy shit, Joanna Newsom is the greatest concert I've ever seen. What a talent. What a woman! I cannot even begin to describe the beauty that was Joanna and everything I just heard.

Absolutely incredible. As good as she is in studio, she was absolutely much better live, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Joanna Newsom - Sapokanikan:
Joanna Newsom - On A Good Day:
Joanna Newsom - Time, as a symptom of love:
Joanna Newsom - Sawdust and Diamonds:

Her fairly recently released "Divers" is probably my third favorite album of the year behind To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar and my favorite, Carrie and Lowell by Sufjan Stevens.

She's so cute too Smile Andy Samberg is such a lucky man
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 6:22

Beach House - Take Care:

I'm sure I've talked about Beach House before. Anyway, I just love this song, addicted to it atm.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 20:40

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 8 Aug 2016 - 11:45

Any fans of Of Monsters and Men here ? I think they are a phenomenon. Easily has become my most favorite indie band. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 2 Apr 2017 - 0:46

Lovely little ditty from New Politics. Very uplifting.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 21:17

The XX :bow: Been listening to their music a lot lately.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 22:33

XX are great. Went to their concert on London, they are amazing live too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next