What were the best threads on the old forum and who created them?

+13
Art Morte
che
vivabarca38
Patrick Bateman
Mr Nick09
Yeezus
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lex
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
7amood11
Le Samourai
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What were the best threads on the old forum and who created them? - Page 2 Empty Re: What were the best threads on the old forum and who created them?

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Balo hate http://boardreader.com/thread/LOLLLLLLL_Balotelli_does_it_again_6hzbtXsvg.html?o=40

http://boardreader.com/thread/Balotelli_with_his_words_again_6hzbtXo1t.html

Milan V Inter

http://boardreader.com/thread/The_cheerleader_does_it_again_6i0bdXrtm.html?o=50

Arsenal v Barca

http://boardreader.com/thread/Arsenal_vs_barca_pre_post_match_discussi_6hzbtXq5x.html

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What were the best threads on the old forum and who created them? - Page 2 Empty Re: What were the best threads on the old forum and who created them?

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 am

Maje10 wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:wish goal.com archived some threads because i vaguely remember some comedy gold in a few threads but can't recall their names or who created them

Who were you in lithium, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't remember a Lex. And despite being here since this place began, I'm neglecting learning everyone's name yet. Although I know most.

EDIT:@Maje10 I fking hated amortalinblack. Of course now I must realize that he was a good troll. I also disliked you back then for kudo-ing a helluva lot of his posts XD but now that the kudos button is gone I can appreciate your posts. You're a good poster, I don't dislike you Smile
Haha, I don't dislike you, either. Smile Yeah, I remember kudo-ing the hell out of his posts, just for the lolz. I remember one Barca fan, don't remember who, just snapped at the amount of kudos I was giving, xD. It was also pretty funny when someone would type up a one-to-two line post that wasn't meant to be taken seriously - a troll post, usually - and he would just type up a comparatively massive post in response to them.

That could very well be me. I was 13...turning 14 probably in half a year or so when i joined. I had never been on a forum before, and have lurked very few. I didn't know what the word troll was Smile but me in my obvious brilliance in football(sarcasm here, of course) and naivety in forums, I had it all figured out right? But Super_Floren and Amortalinblack got me for the longest times. I hated them, and they loved me. For quite a while I took the role of the main combatant against the evil Amortalinblack and his presumed multi-account buddy 'maje10' (dunno if you had the 10 or not), who would simply insta kudos all his posts. I had many massive posts against him because well, I had a lot of time lol.

I don't remember ever snapping at you, but I could have easily. That could definitely be me. Eventually I realized what a troll was and that these people really couldn't be that stupid, and I took on the role as someone trying to get others NOT to feed the trolls...but that role is always destined to fail. Barca fans still took the bait, until he was banned (I think).

I love looking back at stories like those. I'm still fairly clueless about everything, but at least I know that, I guess Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 am

2011 January Transfer Deadline Day -thread was epic.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 am

CBarca wrote:That could very well be me. I was 13...turning 14 probably in half a year or so when i joined. I had never been on a forum before, and have lurked very few. I didn't know what the word troll was Smile but me in my obvious brilliance in football(sarcasm here, of course) and naivety in forums, I had it all figured out right? But Super_Floren and Amortalinblack got me for the longest times. I hated them, and they loved me. For quite a while I took the role of the main combatant against the evil Amortalinblack and his presumed multi-account buddy 'maje10' (dunno if you had the 10 or not), who would simply insta kudos all his posts. I had many massive posts against him because well, I had a lot of time lol.

I don't remember ever snapping at you, but I could have easily. That could definitely be me. Eventually I realized what a troll was and that these people really couldn't be that stupid, and I took on the role as someone trying to get others NOT to feed the trolls...but that role is always destined to fail. Barca fans still took the bait, until he was banned (I think).

I love looking back at stories like those. I'm still fairly clueless about everything, but at least I know that, I guess Very Happy
I'm certain it wasn't you that snapped, haha. But, yeah, the trolling, especially from Floren, was excessive at times. Believe it or not, Amortalinblack was actually a very good poster in the Real Madrid section. He just loved to bash Barca everytime he entered the General Section, lol.

OT: Fadi's thread in the Milan section, after Milan lost 2-0 to Inter, was pretty funny. Lol at the Silva to Madrid thread involving Chollaville, as well. Good shout, Mole.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Oh if we are talking about both lithium and vbul then the most replied thread of all time has to be there, the "Sticky: Unofficial talk about what ever you want thread", or something like that, thread has to be there.

Thread was legendary for the longest time. I'm sure some people actually thought it was sticky because of how long it would stay up.

Too bad it died a month or two before the destruction of vbull, but still. Thread will take you a while to get through lol!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 am

cybermn Carrick vs Sneijder thread was good Laughing
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Searched for old threads and came across this....

Wish I knew what it was about.

'Barcapool96' fires up the Liverpool-Chelsea real time match commentary thread and certain members are enraged with the outcome.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2175/la-liga/2010/05/04/1907666/forum-threads-of-the-week-bye-bye-barcelona-does-the

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Can someone explain the big in ur face thread to me?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Can someone explain the big in ur face thread to me?

So basically, probably one of the most prominent and well known (still is) Barca members of Goal.com Lithium was Free_Cat. Resident Catalan, and dedicated Barcelona/Catalonia fan. This was during the 08-09 season, and while Barca were dominating, many still doubted them to beat Man U. to win the CL.

Among other things of course, but the CL was the big thing.

Free Cat was sure Barca would win, and when they finally did (and he was there to watch it), he got on the forums, and started the big in ur face thread in which he would 'Roast' members who had doubted Barca and him.

He roasted many people, hilariously, and ended with "BOOM, ROASTED".

Great thread.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Ahhhhhhh...........I plan a repeat in May Twisted Evil
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm

southern_man's thread at the offtopic section was epic Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:02 am

I found my big in your face thread on archives.com:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090709031755/http://forums.goal.com/goal/board/message?message.uid=68627#U68627

Also, from there you can locate most of the threads you mention I guess.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

Here you can read the Feverpitch Ronaldo post, top post:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090709031147/http://forums.goal.com/goal/board/message?message.uid=20495#U20495

If you find any funny stuff, please share.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum