mani88
REWB
Raptorgunner
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Theo Walcott  Empty Theo Walcott

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:45 pm

talks are in the very early stages, with no formal offer made by Arsenal and no demands put on the table by Walcott's representatives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tal
You think he will stay or leave Arsenal? I have mixed feelings about Theo, he is unpredictable, most English players are good shooters and have good technique and Theo seems to lack both of them. He is surrounded by great players, and Wenger is a great teacher, not sure why he has not improved on his techniques.

I think he will stay at Arsenal and I hope he can improve his game, for the past few games it looks like we have been playing with 10 men he is just not been there. When players looking for new contract they play much better but not sure what Theo is thinking missing one on one and missing everything was just sad.

If he signs a new contract and plays the same way next year for sure Chamberlain will take his place and could lose his place in England.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Theo Walcott  Empty Re: Theo Walcott

Post by REWB Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:07 pm

what id like to know is why doesn't walcott practice skills? i dont understand just PRACTICE IT, i can even do more skills than him. he should look on youtube for tutorial on how to do skill and practice it in training.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Walcott reminds me of NBA players that cant make a free throw and air ball it. Very Happy

They get paid big money to practice and get better at what they have to do.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

On his day he can ruin any team we all know that. We have seen him score goals like he did at Stamford bridge and have seen him miss some real sitters. Only thing I want from him is to be consistent.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Theo is a funny one. I don't think that with him it is a matter of practicing skills. We have seen him on occasion look like a world class player, and as stated above "ruin teams". I think that his problem and Gervinho’s is more in how they mentally interpret what his happening in the game at any given time. I am just not sure that they see the entire field all the time. So when Theo has the ball going down the side and he can’t run past his player. Or gervinho goes to dribble past someone and he can’t lose them they both get lost and do not know what to do.
Which is a skill that you cannot really practice.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Walcotts problem is that he is too fast for his own good, he thinks too fast and sometimes he crosses when no one is there to get to the ball.

I know he has many assists but that credit goes to RVP, if it was any other striker Theo would not have as many as assist he has now. RVP is a smart player and some of his goals have come out of no where.

Walcott has to take the fear out of him and take a shot on target, he could be scoring every game if he just improved his technique.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Walcott better decision making = WCP.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:27 pm

i found this comment on twitter interesting

"Sagna being injured is one of the reasons for Walcott's drop in form. When you have Sagna behind you & over-lapping that's a massive loss."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:i found this comment on twitter interesting

"Sagna being injured is one of the reasons for Walcott's drop in form. When you have Sagna behind you & over-lapping that's a massive loss."

So true...

But that doesnt mean anything regarding his crosses, decisions, etc.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 pm

That's actually a frakking great point. Nevermind that Walcott has more defensive duties now that he does not have the braided wall behind him.

But his finishing has been meh lately.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Needs a proper RB behind him to re-find good form
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:41 pm

In a way yes, Sagna did not need that much help and Walcott did what he wanted he knew Sagna was there to help him.

Now Walcott has to do more defending and when he attacks he has no confidence and keeps making mistakes. I think all he has to do is make better decisions, and to beat the defender one on one.

He has to change up his play he has one move all the defenders know what he is going to do.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:49 pm

I can't see him fitting in better in any other top-level (English) team, so he should stay. If it's up to him. And I think it will be, I think Wenger is rather happy with him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 pm

The RB point is logical. Since a lack of proper fullbacks affects the teams play as a whole it's no surprise that his form correlates with the defender right behind him. Still a great player and very young.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:what id like to know is why doesn't walcott practice skills? i dont understand just PRACTICE IT, i can even do more skills than him. he should look on youtube for tutorial on how to do skill and practice it in training.

Huntsman is that you? Razz

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't think it is the lack of Sanga over lapping, but in a way the other way round.

Its more due to the fact that he has to defend more since there are no real RB's only makes shifts like Djourou.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:51 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

I don't think it is the lack of Sanga over lapping, but in a way the other way round.

Its more due to the fact that he has to defend more since there are no real RB's only makes shifts like Djourou.
thats true.. even wenger himself said that walcott has been playing new roll after sagna's injury. he is more of defensive winger now.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm

i dont think sagna's effect on theos game is big. yes he overlaps but how many times have u seen theo take advantage of a sagna overlap and cross the ball or dribble inside. and sagna or no sagna theo has responsibility to track back. theo should learn to play smarter, his skill level has improved, shooting is good, all he needs now is smarter play. he should be more courageous, there are a number of times this season ive seen him shy away from a 50/50.
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:40 pm

timzink wrote:i dont think sagna's effect on theos game is big. yes he overlaps but how many times have u seen theo take advantage of a sagna overlap and cross the ball or dribble inside. and sagna or no sagna theo has responsibility to track back. theo should learn to play smarter, his skill level has improved, shooting is good, all he needs now is smarter play. he should be more courageous, there are a number of times this season ive seen him shy away from a 50/50.

Backtracking is a lot more important for him now that he doesn't have Sagna. I think you're underestimating Sagna's calming influence on him. The whole squad has had to adapt to the lack of fullbacks and it's obvious. No excuse for his poor form though but it does make some sense.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Walcott scored the winner against Benfica thanks to an overlapping one-two with Sagna
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm

didnt we lose that match
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 pm

I do hope Walcott decides to extend his contract with us. Not because I feel we'd miss him, but because I feel he owes some loyalty after we showed a lot of faith in him.

Should he decide to move, I wouldn't mind letting him go. I'm one his biggest fans and defend him a lot, but I don't think he's so good a player that he's irreplaceable. However, if he does leave, I hope it won't be to another English club as he's the sort of player you can easily see biting us in the arse.

People need to distinguish bad form and being a bad player. Contrary to what seems to be the growing belief at the moment, Walcott isn't a bad player. He's merely going through a period of poor form, along with every other Arsenal attacker bar van Persie.

He's obviously not confident in front of goal at the moment, either. I see people call him a poor finisher but I think that's way off the mark. He just needs to find form and confidence.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Sorry, was thinking of Udinese lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Walcott is leaning towards extending his contract. He knows that he is going to play that central role for us. Im not big on nostelgic Why else would wenger give him the #14 shirt?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Theo has to do those fakes and feints to beat the defenders. He has pace and he will be able to pull it off very well. He does not need to practice tricks or skills etc.

Just get him to watch a couple of Figo videos and ask him to practice it in training.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next