RIP Megaupload

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RIP Megaupload

Post by Dutti on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:54 am

That's why I said Ukraine. They did this just to please US government ahead of Ukrainian president's visit to the States. Who else more important than Obama would he meet? Besides that one of his agenda is to discuss piracy.

Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm

You said Ukraine was "kissing Obama's ass" but it's not Obama who's put these regulations and laws into effect. Yes, the Executive branch of the government is generally in charge of enforcing laws but it's the Legislative branch that puts the laws into effect and its outside sources that are pushing for them (and pressuring other governments). Obama is rather busy at the moment focusing on the US economy and the Republicans' efforts to impede any progress there or in healthcare and other things. Given that it's an election year these and other issues have Obama's full attention, not some random piracy site in Ukraine. Blaming Obama is asinine.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 am

Like I said, Ukraine did it to please US government. I ain't implying Obama was behind it, but I mentioned him because it's obvious that Obama was likely to be the one who the Ukrainian president talked to regarding piracy matter when he was in the US. Now, wouldn't Obama be pleased about Ukraine's effort?

Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:04 am

No, Obama probably isn't too concerned one way or the other at the moment, for reasons I've already mentioned. You specifically called Obama out as the one behind the problem in your initial post on the matter... now you're backtracking. Also, the Ukrainian reps most likely met either Hillary Clinton or other State Reps for discussions on policy. Any meeting with the President was for PR purposes and/or most pressing concerns than a piracy site.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:48 pm

backtracking? no. In fact, you're trying to twist what I said.

I believe what I said is reasonable because it is the honest truth.

.... lol.. why are we arguing about something trivial?... whatever

Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 pm

in Japan, starting Oct 1, this year, downloading music, movies anything illegal copyrighted material is illegal and could lead to facing 2 years of jail and 22,500$ of penalty.

seems the new bill was passed by the parliament, after ministry along with all ISP providers in Japan came to agreement.

what sucks is that Japan is not even allowing to own backup music, movies, anything media stuffs which is unauthorized copy and if found will lead to prison sentence.
this is b.s. because within friends we share music ....

adding to that, there are rumours surfacing that youtube will also be banned.. this is notthing credible info. but there are big rumours surfacing regarding youtube, as well as Japan will try to filter all the streaming host websites, especially the prominent ones...

some friends said that even streaming videos will be illegal.. wtf..

in Japan basically , everyone incl. myself well most of young people they download or stream media and stuff but they also do buy CDs DVDs very frequently. atleast once or twice in a month we do.

banning download is acceptable to us, but streaming?? youtube ... this is b.s.

On Pato, "Did you comb your hair whilst standing in a wind tunnel?" - Gattuso

JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 pm

http://kotaku.com/5920140/come-october-dont-use-youtube-in-japan

http://www.webpronews.com/is-japan-making-youtube-illegal-for-japanese-citizens-2012-06

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118016-Japan-May-Make-YouTube-Illegal

JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/japan-to-make-illegal-downloading-of-music-videos-punishable-with-jail-terms

JespSwe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top