Great Leader Sprucenuce
schwarzgelb
guest7
Ali
Gil
151 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 5 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Up until recently where we have looked better in midfield ever since Ozil got his shit together.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 5 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Missing Di Maria also hurts a lot.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Missing Di Maria also hurts a lot.

He is expected to start next game. cheers
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Juve grind out games, but so do Madrid. I've seen matches where they aren't exactly dominating possession, but still bang in 4 goals out of nowhere. La Liga team mentality :facepalm:

nothing to do with mentality, that's what happens when you're one of two teams in the league that can afford to spend a lot of money - you can buy a lot of quality players who can change games with one move

madrid have broken cl group stage records playing ajax and lyon ffs, do they have poor mentality too?

barcelona and madrid are the top 2 teams in the world atm, deal with it :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm

che wrote:
madrid have broken cl group stage records playing ajax and lyon ffs, do they have poor mentality too?

barcelona and madrid are the top 2 teams in the world atm, deal with it :coffee:
I never thought I'd see the day....

*still in awe*
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

just reporting facts
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:17 pm

If Che stated he is taking a liking to Ramos then I would have been devastated. The man honestly stated some facts just now, nothing wrong or shocking in that...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Ramos positional sense is not so good. what makes him a reliable CB is his quickness in anticipating moves, great physical abilities and good passing.

I rate him highly but his style is unorthodox compared to other type of CBs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:37 pm

El Pipita wrote:Ramos positional sense is not so good. what makes him a reliable CB is his quickness in anticipating moves, great physical abilities and good passing.

I disagree. Ramos' positional sense is second to none, and if it wasn't so good then Real Madrid would have leaked in more goals this season, which obviously hasn't been the case. Since we first seen Ramos explode onto the scene, it was quite clear that his dominant position was centre-back, but it was funny watching him play as a right back because he would get beaten by some mediocre wingers, although he was solid at times. As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players. Copa del Rey final last season, Ramos destroyed Barcelona. This season, he has been the best centre-back in the league, hands down.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Ramos is a fantastic athlete, he could play anywhere on the field tbh.

But CB is his most natural position.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Ramos positional sense is not so good. what makes him a reliable CB is his quickness in anticipating moves, great physical abilities and good passing.

I disagree. Ramos' positional sense is second to none, and if it wasn't so good then Real Madrid would have leaked in more goals this season, which obviously hasn't been the case. Since we first seen Ramos explode onto the scene, it was quite clear that his dominant position was centre-back, but it was funny watching him play as a right back because he would get beaten by some mediocre wingers, although he was solid at times. As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players. Copa del Rey final last season, Ramos destroyed Barcelona. This season, he has been the best centre-back in the league, hands down.

Half of the forum wants to kill you for telling the truth for that

I don't agree that his positioning is bad, but he gets dragged out often when covering for Pepe and Marcelo (yes, Pepe). It makes his job harder since he has to clean up for their mistakes, and has done superb. We've been conceding 6 games straight or so now, and I can't remember one of these was Ramos fault (on top of my mind atm), I remember 1 was a Marcelo one, Carvalho getting the ball in between his legs, and Pepe's concentration troubles

And I don't understand Mole, how was he bad in clasicos? And I don't agree that the Pedro goal was his fault like you said, Messi has been owning defenders like that all the time, you can hardly blame the defenders nowadays becouse Messi does it too often and too good. Some players just can't be defended against.

And didn't he and Coentrao completly nullify Sanchez? They kept their side as quiet as it can get. We conceded very cheap goals on set pieces and a Arbeloa mistake vs. Pedro imo, hardly Ramos fault.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Gladiator wrote:As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players.

LOL

0:55 - has a two metre head start on pablo, gets outrun anyway, move results in a goal
2:15 - completely oblivious to soldado, move results in a goal

not to mention how llorente teared him and varane a new orifice when madrid played bilbao a few weeks ago

jog on
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Se7en wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Half of the forum wants to kill you for telling the truth for that

I don't agree that his positioning is bad, but he gets dragged out often when covering for Pepe and Marcelo (yes, Pepe). It makes his job harder since he has to clean up for their mistakes, and has done superb. We've been conceding 6 games straight or so now, and I can't remember one of these was Ramos fault (on top of my mind atm), I remember 1 was a Marcelo one, Carvalho getting the ball in between his legs, and Pepe's concentration troubles

And I don't understand Mole, how was he bad in clasicos? And I don't agree that the Pedro goal was his fault like you said, Messi has been owning defenders like that all the time, you can hardly blame the defenders nowadays becouse Messi does it too often and too good. Some players just can't be defended against.

And didn't he and Coentrao completly nullify Sanchez? They kept their side as quiet as it can get. We conceded very cheap goals on set pieces and a Arbeloa mistake vs. Pedro imo, hardly Ramos fault.

Haha, shokran, bro. (Making the assumption you understand "shokran".) Razz

You're right, none of the goals you have conceded over the past few games have been Ramos' fault. When you look in depth, he is the one that has, on numerous occasions, cleaned up after Pepe and even Marcelo. Ramos is a fantastic athlete, top notch, he's a player I have the utmost respect for, regardless of his antics at times, but in the El Clasicos, you could make a very strong case that his level of concentration drops, just like every other defender in your team. For example, take a look at Coentrao, his positional awareness hasn't been the best, and has kept Barcelona's players onside on numerous occasions.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

tbf che the 2nd goal was hardly all ramos fault, marcelo should have never let that happen

but i guess everything can be related to him when you really look for it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm

che wrote:
Gladiator wrote:As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players.

LOL

0:55 - has a two metre head start on pablo, gets outrun anyway, move results in a goal
2:15 - completely oblivious to soldado, move results in a goal

not to mention how llorente teared him and varane a new orifice when madrid played bilbao a few weeks ago

jog on

Fair enough, I do remember that game, should have mentioned Valencia so you didn't get butthurt, but too late. And LOL at Llorente tearing Ramos a new office, shows how bitter you are... :facepalm:
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:59 pm

I have avoided this thread for good reason, but I just have to say, I cant believe the day Ramos is actually doing quite good but still being vastly overrated has arrived.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:59 pm

huh? de marcos's and llorente's shitty finishing was the only thing standing between goals number 2 and 3 madrid would have conceded, bilbao were ripping through their defence like it wasn't even there for the entire first half
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:01 pm

che wrote:huh? de marcos's and llorente's shitty finishing was the only thing standing between goals number 2 and 3 madrid would have conceded, bilbao were ripping through their defence like it wasn't even there for the entire first half
Dont you mean entire 15 minutes?..We reacted pretty good while being a goal behind.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:01 pm

don't agree che, 1st goal was completly arbeloas fault (llorente)

he was completly invisible after that, hence why bielsa even subbed him out after half time

once again, it's easy to find them when you fish for them Laughing

Last edited by Se7en on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:I have avoided this thread for good reason, but I just have to say, I cant believe the day Ramos is actually doing quite good but still being vastly overrated has arrived.

You wouldn't expect a Barcelona fan to give praise to the best centre-back in the history of both clubs, eh. Seriously though, to me, it seems as though Pique has suffered and degraded in quality, whereas Ramos has improved and shown how great a centre-back he has. Obviously, there's bound to be those who overrate him, so you have a case.

And, che, just leave the thread and never come back, I can't take you seriously.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Gladiator wrote:

And, che, just leave the thread and never come back, I can't take you seriously.

You wouldn't expect a Barcelona fan to give praise to the best centre-back in the history of both clubs, eh.

i know that feel bro...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Gladiator wrote:

I could name at least 3 CB with better positional sense than him. Ramos is decent at it but he sometimes gets caught out of position.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:14 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

I could name at least 3 CB with better positional sense than him. Ramos is decent at it but he sometimes gets caught out of position.
That doesn't really mean much though, that just means that there are players with a better understanding regarding positioning than Ramos, but it doesn't mean he has a poor sense of positional sense, so your point is invalid, mate. I would say, by default, Puyol, Vidic and Thiago Silva have a better positional sense.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

just to point out in the bilbao match, it was our midfield being eaten alive i wouldnt particularly blame the defense for us having pretty much no possession in that first 15-20 minutes (well less than we are accustomed to)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

That doesn't really mean much though, that just means that there are players with a better understanding regarding positioning than Ramos, but it doesn't mean he has a poor sense of positional sense, so your point is invalid, mate. I would say, by default, Puyol, Vidic and Thiago Silva have a better positional sense.

Reading comprehension ? i've never said he's poor at positioning, i've said he's not that good that you guys makes him to be, like you said "Ramos positional sense is second to none", are you saying he's better than Thiago Silva, Vidic, Nesta at it ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Yea his positional sense isn't his greatest asset,you need to play there for a while to gain a better sense of where you are and where you need to be , what spaces you need to occupy and when.

@Che...that Valencia game was the worst of the season and it's no coincidence it came against Soladado.He's one of the few strikers in the leauge who makes those runs which exploit one of the key structural flaws in Ramos' game.

If you g back to the CL game between Barca and Madrid you'll see the exact same goal from Messi, he leaves wayy too much space in front of him while waiting for the cross because he's trying to maximize his chances of actually getting it when it comes to him, but as soon as he sees it coming in low, he needs to pursue it rather than simply wait.

I have no doubts it'll happen again and again until he learns his lesson.

The people saying he's the best CB in the history of both clubs etc etc , you are quite plainly wrong.

However, right now, he is enjoying one of the best seasons as a Cb I have personally seen from any Real Madrid defender( not a huge accomplishment) or any defender for that matter.The latter is an accomplishment though I have to stress that's from what I've seen ie...Terry 07-08, Vidic the past couple of seasons....I don't watch Thiago Silva with any sort of regularity so no comment. ...there.....Lucio 09-10, Puyol 08-10.

That's where it stacks up for me comparatively at the moment though he would need some degree of team success to validate such comparisons.

>The main thing about Ramos is that he makes the rest of the defense better.It's the noticeable difference between him and other defenders from Real Madrid.While he lacks a bit of positional sense for himself, he is pretty astute when it comes to directing others and his communication with all the other defenders is what keeps the defense in sync.

So while he is caught out a lot , he also prevents other players from being caught out as often as they should be

That's apart from his other obvious qualities of course, but I have no interest on harping on those since they're all quite apparent.It's quite easy to dissect his game, the flaws are obvious, the strengths are obvious....if you don't see them you're blind.

His attacking qualites...ie his long passing which I think is excellent and others think is average is debatable so no point in going into them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next