Zealous
jibers
guest7
Harmonica
Vapotrini
52 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked - Page 5 Empty Re: Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked

Post by LeBéninois Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:The reason there's even haters is because there's people who boast. Around the time this thread was made I kept reading how Messi was breaking records at just/only 25, for example. Or how he would win the rest of the Ballon D'Or until he retires. If some fans are gonna spew stuff like that than one can say that they had it coming. Time is certainly cruel, isn't it?

You are right. Some people want a player to fail just because they would be able to say '' I told you so '' to someone else. simly pathetic . Some people hate the fans or the fact that a player get too much praise ( most of the time rightfully ) and end up hating a player or disliking him. Happen with Lebron james, Neymar ...
However I'd expect someone who know about football and love it to not hate on players just because they've got some annoying fans.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked - Page 5 Empty Re: Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked

Post by harhar11 Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:50 pm

1 - Barcelona's midfielders have recorded only one assist in La Liga this term; Real Madrid's midfielders have managed 17. Contribution.

But of course, the fact that our midfield, that used to be the best in the world, has been sh*te is Messi's fault.

Pippo wrote:Ronaldo has been outstanding this season, his overall performances apart from his goals are the best they have ever been since he has joined Real Madrid. He's creating so many great chances for his teammates, playing more passes and getting much more involved in the earlier phases of the game.

I think it has more to do with the vast majority of his touches coming in the centre now, and the other reason is because this Real Madrid team is the best edition he has played on in his 6 seasons at the club.

There is absolutely no doubt who has been the better player this season.

As good as C.Ronaldo's all around play has been, it has not been better than Messi.
Messi:
C.Ronaldo:

I am not a fan of stat, but from what I have seen so far this season, I think that those stat's are quite accurate. While C.ronaldo has improved his all around play, I still don't think that it has been even close to Messi's all around play this season so far. I mean, Messi has been basically our entire creative spark this season. No one but him has had that consistency in that department. I mean, our midfield has only registered 1 assist so far in the league, compare that with 17 from Real Madrid. And it's not just the assist, but in the build up aswell. Our midfield lacks that killer touch, which has forced Messi to take that role.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 am

" overall game " sounds like some subjective BS that messi fanboys are clinging to in order to keep deluding themselves into believing that messi is still the best player in the world .

GTFO with that harmonicaesque garbage .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:14 am

Funny how you forget to mention messi gets many more touches on the ball and loses the ball more then ronaldo. how many unsuccessful dribbles has he had?

This season cr and messi are pretty on par if you want to consider the overall contribution to the team. As you can ALSO see, ronaldo and messi have the same amount of shots. Except ronaldo has more goals.

I'm pretty sure messi will pick it up. its just a matter of effort. dude needs to stop slacking off in practice and work harder
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:51 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Funny how you forget to mention messi gets many more touches on the ball and loses the ball more then ronaldo. how many unsuccessful dribbles has he had?

This season cr and messi are pretty on par if you want to consider the overall contribution to the team. As you can ALSO see, ronaldo and messi have the same amount of shots. Except ronaldo has more goals.

I'm pretty sure messi will pick it up. its just a matter of effort. dude needs to stop slacking off in practice and work harder

Messi get's more touches because he is more involved in the build up play than C.ronaldo, who is mostly in the final third. I mean, our style has not been so effective so far. So, the only thing that our style will favour Messi is total passes, and they themselves mean nothing.

And look at that chart, it showed that Messi get's dispossesed more, but just a little more.

And indeed, C.Ronaldo has been more clinical this season. For once.  But you can also see, that eventhough Messi runs less than C.Ronaldo, Messi is a more effective defender, seeing as he avg more interceptions + tackle.

And it's not just stats. You just need to watch Real Madrid and Barca play. Messi so far has been playing as an out-and-out nr.10, while C.Ronaldo is more of a forward winger. Which means it's quite obvious that Messi will be more involved in the build-up. And like I said earlier, Messi has been our ONLY creative spark so far this season.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:02 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Messi:
C.Ronaldo:

See, that's the thing, those's stats lack Physical & Mental attributes. If one were to judge a player (and I mean any player) one would have to include all aspects of a player indiscriminate of his position. I'm not telling you or anyone to make or stop posting those stats. Just pointing out that these stats are limited and while they may be faithful and honest it can't tell how the player is as whole. That's why I deem these stats as incomplete.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:17 am

harhar11 wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Funny how you forget to mention messi gets many more touches on the ball and loses the ball more then ronaldo. how many unsuccessful dribbles has he had?

Messi get's more touches because he is more involved in the build up play than C.ronaldo, who is mostly in the final third. I mean, our style has not been so effective so far. So, the only thing that our style will favour Messi is total passes, and they themselves mean nothing.

And look at that chart, it showed that Messi get's dispossesed more, but just a little more.

And indeed, C.Ronaldo has been more clinical this season. For once.  But you can also see, that eventhough Messi runs less than C.Ronaldo, Messi is a more effective defender, seeing as he avg more interceptions + tackle.

And it's not just stats. You just need to watch Real Madrid and Barca play. Messi so far has been playing as an out-and-out nr.10, while C.Ronaldo is more of a forward winger. Which means it's quite obvious that Messi will be more involved in the build-up. And like I said earlier, Messi has been our ONLY creative spark so far this season.

Unsuccessful dribbles are not included in "dispossessions" dude. That's why its a bs rating

Messi is playing as a "no10"? not so. He just can't score right now as he used to. Yeah, if needed, he CAN play as a n10 but hes playing as a false 9/SS right now. he just cant finish.

See, when you play with two runners, you will always have more through balls. Ronaldo IS THE guy making the runs. in madrids case, benzema is the one who plays the most through balls cause thats his job.

Defending stats for a forward.. ok dude. stop Laughing This is not even worth it. And just fyi, both ronaldo AND messi are mediocre defenders. Period

My argument is a bit disorganized but honestly they look similar. Their overall play has been about even this season, besides two things; messis high amount of unsuccessful dribbles that you didn't mention and you cleverly decided to put in the "dispossessed category" , and the fact is that he has been largely inconsistant and unfit as of late
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:25 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Unsuccessful dribbles are not included in "dispossessions" dude. That's why its a bs rating

Messi is playing as a "no10"? not so. He just can't score right now as he used to. Yeah, if needed, he CAN play as a n10 but hes playing as a false 9/SS right now. he just cant finish.

See, when you play with two runners, you will always have more through balls. Ronaldo IS THE guy making the runs. in madrids case, benzema is the one who plays the most through balls cause thats his job.

Defending stats for a forward.. ok dude. stop Laughing This is not even worth it. And just fyi, both ronaldo AND messi are mediocre defenders. Period

My argument is a bit disorganized but honestly they look similar. Their overall play has been about even this season, besides two things; messis high amount of unsuccessful dribbles that you didn't mention and you cleverly decided to put in the "dispossessed category" , and the fact is that he has been largely inconsistant and unfit as of late

It's understandable tbh since he went from Pep's magical milkshakes to Coca-Cola.

Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked - Page 5 2gwuoac
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 pm

photoshop skills are amazing there valk.
fatigue and lack of desire probably came from the world cup, something he really wanted and didn't get, your all looking far too much into it, but even then he is running a lot more now then last year which really defeats the argument in the first place.. :whistle:

Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:40 am

That photoshop :bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 pm

is anyone actually disputing the fact that messi has peaked ?

there is someone who believes that messi might still get better in the future ? hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:38 pm

no idea, hard to tell. His dribbling,passing and stuff still good. Just not as deadly as he use to be. pretty funny reading first couple of pages, pretty sure messi scored 60 odd goals or something after his bad run (when this thread was made) Laughing

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:49 pm

farfan wrote:is anyone actually disputing the fact that messi has peaked ?

there is someone who believes that messi might still  get better in the  future ? hmm

No, I don't think there's anyone doubting that. At least there really shouldn't.

And it's very hard to see how it might get much better in the future, since physical things seem to be involved as well.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:19 pm

MaraVilla wrote:no idea, hard to tell. His dribbling,passing and stuff still good. Just not as deadly as he use to be. pretty funny reading first couple of pages, pretty sure messi scored 60 odd goals or something after his bad run (when this thread was made) Laughing

Messi missing the pen against Chelsea was the highlight of that season. Very little doubt in my mind, Messi has peaked - Page 5 Free_troll_face_icon_by_fluffycuddlypooz-d4u84ek
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:54 pm

need a career change imo

go epl pls, silence those dem haters.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:32 am

who would spend their time photoshopping messi into drinking a coke? Laughing does anyone here work for coca cola? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 am

Hm. Isn't Messi a Pepsi guy?

Ah, found it: http://www.brandsynario.com/articles/football-fever-continues-with-pepsis-perfect-match-campaign-feat-lionel-mes
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:18 am

It's a running joke. Ballague I think wrote his usual hilarious stuff in one of his book's where he said that Messi wasn't listening to Pep anymore and despite Pep ordering him to not drink Cola as part of his diet Messi took a can of coke and drank it right infront of Pep.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:32 am

Hm. If Messi had problems with Pep how could he ever make ads for Pep-sí? No wonder he challenged him with a Coke Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:38 am

rwo power wrote:Hm. If Messi had problems with Pep how could he ever make ads for Pep-sí? No wonder he challenged him with a Coke Razz

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next