BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
M99
49 posters

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:25 am

Really getting into the combat now, took a while to used to with the new controls and what not.

But i like all the different mechanics that go into play, that's without mentioning the usual assassination stuff. The most satisfying thing probably is a well timed parry into a heavy attack though.

You stagger them and then send them flying lol, i knocked someone off the top of a building into a big set of hay which i sent on fire lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by danyjr Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:53 am

M99 wrote:Unity is 70 on Metacritic and I'm pretty sure Rogue is lower.

Contrary to popular belief both are good games. Had it not been for Unity's troublesome release it would have been 80+. Same with Rogue, if it had a comprehensive console release (in fact Rogue's story is up there with the best AC's. And those Legendary Ship battles :wub: )
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really getting into the combat now, took a while to used to with the new controls and what not.

But i like all the different mechanics that go into play, that's without mentioning the usual assassination stuff. The most satisfying thing probably is a well timed parry into a heavy attack though.

You stagger them and then send them flying lol, i knocked someone off the top of a building into a big set of hay which i sent on fire lol.

Glad you're enjoying Origins. Is stealth still the name of the game? Or do you feel like you need to get engaged in combat lots of times?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Depends entirely on the player in my experience, I've been doing both because I enjoy it.

Although as I have gone further and got more equipment I have stealthing more tbh.

Another thing I should mention is you upgrade your hidden blade damage by crafting parts, not skill tree like I assumed pre release.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Depends entirely on the player in my experience, I've been doing both because I enjoy it.
So you have the freedom to do either way, like Dishonored 2 (Korvo playing all out combat approach whereas with Emily you naturally go Stealth). I see that as a positive Thumbs up

Part of me wants to buy it already, but I have so little time these days and so many untouched games in my backlog that I can't justify paying €70 for a game I probably won't touch for ~9 months (not to mention a Nintendo Switch that I've been dying to buy). It does looks like it would be a steal once it is discounted on Steam, however Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Finished the first area, loved the setting, exploring, etc

Until i had to leave modern day Animus

Why does this still exist? Thats the worst part of the game. No one buys an AC game and goes 'cant wait to leave this historical setting to go use the bathroom or computer' ffs

The controls are completely *bleep* up, im using an Xbone controller on PC. And RB to melee??? Who's genius idea was to map this lmao, changed it immediately so no biggie

The combat is a bit iffy, not sure how i feel about it, it doesnt feel as satisfying as i'd like it to be. At times it feels clunk when blocking and dodging, charging a heavy attack, etc. i assume this is a deterrent so to force you to play stealthy.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 pm

I felt that way as well ES, part of it is the change in controls tbh.

I liked it a lot more the more i progressed and learnt how to parry, block, roll etc etc and in general just got used to the mechanics.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 pm

How the *bleep* do i kill these crocodiles:lol:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:03 pm

There's *bleep* Chariot races in this and somehow it's *bleep* fantastic.

Mainly because you ram into each other, the final corner is just a glorious *bleep* of everyone trying to kill each lmfao.

I have one race left in the first tournament and there's two points between like 5 people, unreal level of competiveness.

Egypt Chariot Races > PL.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Really getting into the story now and Bayek is an awesome character, to the point where i'm questioning that it was actually made by Ubisoft. Laughing

I know that how big a game is doesn't really matter but the sense of scale is really quite impressive, i also like that the world seems very organically built from the sense it feels natural to go from a City, to the outskirts, to the country side all the way out to the desert and beyond.

There's no go one place and then randomly another place is built next to it when you move forward a 100 yards like in some games. As you might be able to tell i'm enjoying it a lot. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:19 pm

I can see where the comparisons from TW3 draw, going out and exploring all those question marks is fun, running into a bandit camp, tomb etc.

My only gripe so far is i wish some of the sidequests were more like TW3, plus i could do with an effing sprint button

Horse autopilot is A+
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:57 pm

ES wrote:I can see where the comparisons from TW3 draw, going out and exploring all those question marks is fun, running into a bandit camp, tomb etc.

My only gripe so far is i wish some of the sidequests were more like TW3, plus i could do with an effing sprint button

Horse autopilot is A+

I have found some fun side quests tbh, they are not Witcher 3 good but I don't feel like they are generic AF either.

My stance on side quests is I don't expect Witcher 3 standard but as long you actually put that effort into having a back story and not generic AF fetch quests then I'm good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Can you two stop making me wanna throw all my money at Ubisoft already? Sad
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 am

There's a enemy fort the size of a damn city Laughing

Took me like 30-40 minutes to finish it, felt good to take them all down one by one though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:13 pm

I didn't realise that you can set the Horse/Camel to follow a path while you scout in the sky with Senu, my mind is *bleep* blown.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 pm

danyjr wrote:Can you two stop making me wanna throw all my money at Ubisoft already? Sad

Finally, I gave in Sad

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 17 Stera10
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Lol i stopped posting loads because you asked lol.

I'm absolutely loving it though, one of my favourite games of the year easily.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:41 pm

After 5 hours of playing, so far it has been what I expected. Great graphics and the world is huge and beautiful! I rarely just stand in a game and have a gaze at the scenery but this game is so beautifully crafted (at least on PC) that I can't help but stop sometimes and just enjoy it.

I'm not a big fan of the combat and prefer the hack 'n' slash combat of previous titles but I understand the appeal. It does get more enjoyable once you learn some tricks. I don't like the RPG element either, as predicted.

So far I'm liking the main protagonist. Way more believable character than Frye SJWs or Arno. I'm also glad they didn't Anglicise his accent like they did Arno's and the whole of France's. That was *bleep* terrible.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Said this already but Bayek is a great character who has tremendous amount of depth, to the point I question whether it was made by Ubisoft lol.

Usually they live in two lanes, either the very charismatic Ezio or Kenway or completely wooden character with no real interesting character traits.

But Bayek has a lot more going for him, I really like the voice actor too he's done a great job. As for the combat and RPG systems, I think you'll like it more as you progress as I felt similarly early on but the world, exploration and Bayek had me invested early on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:55 pm

Enjoying it so far. Story is better than anything that's come out of Ubisoft in the current generation.

Unlike what I initially thought stealth is still very much the way to go forward. In fact it is done better than previous ACs imho. I'm level 10 right now and still haven't spent any Ability Points Laughing I still wonder which path I should invest my points in. I believe, unlike other ACs, you can't max out all the trees and you need to be careful with the path you choose, correct (as there are only 40 levels)?

EDIT: Never mind you can get all the abilities by doing things other than levelling alone. Hermit locations, War elephants, tombs, and getting XP beyond level 40. Or if you're really wasteful you can buy some with those Helix Points Laughing

The mount autopilot thing is also an excellent addition as you can scout areas with Senu the eagle simultaneously.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 pm

I choose my points based on how i felt in the moment, i have no doubt i made many stupid decisions Laughing

My tree is very mixed, with no massive dominance in any one direction.

BTW have you got to Alexandria yet? don't read this till you do.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:28 pm

I just can't bring myself to do some of these sidequests after finishing TW3

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:21 pm

ES wrote:I just can't bring myself to do some of these sidequests after finishing TW3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I choose my points based on how i felt in the moment, i have no doubt i made many stupid decisions Laughing

My tree is very mixed, with no massive dominance in any one direction.

BTW have you got to Alexandria yet? don't read this till you do.

Spoiler:

Just reached Alexandria. So far most points are invested in the Hunter path. Let's be honest, bow skills are just OP in this game Very Happy

There are a few missions which are distinguished by 'blue' markers on the map, Revenge missions and also a daily quest(?) given by this merchant kid. What is up with those? Are these just extra XP and rewards?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Revenge missions are just areas where other people have died lol, still waiting to revenge ES tbh.

The daily quests you'll want to do, that kid gives you an epic or legendary weapon everytime.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:49 am

Finished it, I loved it. The world they designed is awe inspiring, love the story and the main characters especially Bayek, the sidequests where much better than I expected and the combat which seems to have gotten a mixed reaction from what I have seen I also enjoyed.

Although I do have a slight concern that considering this was made by the Black Flag team that the sequel won't be as good, but for now this one was great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next