Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

Probably go for good.

He is a talented player, but would be very surprised if he ever became anything more than an impact sub for a team like ours. I think he should aim higher than that, I would advise him to anyway.

He could probably start, or at least be a consistent feature on various other teams.

But then again, Barca could be his dream. If it was me, I wouldnt want to leave my dream club unless they flat out say there is no chance for me.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Sanchez on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am

@The Franchise wrote:Probably go for good.

He is a talented player, but would be very surprised if he ever became anything more than an impact sub for a team like ours. I think he should aim higher than that, I would advise him to anyway.

He could probably start, or at least be a consistent feature on various other teams.

But then again, Barca could be his dream. If it was me, I wouldnt want to leave my dream club unless they flat out say there is no chance for me.

Haven't seen Liverpool this preseason at all though apparently Rogers is known for his tika-taka. May not be as good as Barca though if what I hear is true then a loan deal to Liverpool wouldn't be too bad...
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah, but I dont think he would start for them just yet. But he would be at least a rotation player and if he plays well will get regular minutes. So it could be a good move.

But I wouldnt want to live in Liverpool lol
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Sanchez on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 am

@The Franchise wrote:Yeah, but I dont think he would start for them just yet. But he would be at least a rotation player and if he plays well will get regular minutes. So it could be a good move.

But I wouldnt want to live in Liverpool lol

So true.
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by BarcaKizz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Dani, its a good point and I agree with it all. From his perspective, he could be more ambitious than a supersub role/bitpart playe, but he would make an awesome one for us. I've said it before that I've really wanted that sort of player and I do believe he could develop into it. It would be nice to have him for a while at least before he gets sick of that role.

Its exactly the reason I prefer him to Cuenca. Cuenca's probably a more rounded player, but neither of them look like first-team starting material and as an impact player I favour Tello.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by free_cat on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 pm

they are very different. I want to keep them both at least while Deulo and neymar are on the way.

Imo if someone should go is probably afellay who doesnt add much to what Tello gives us and we vols get money from him( Tello has yet to renew)

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by FennecFox7 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

He played very, very good last game. Tello :bow:

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6161
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by Brady2Moss on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 am

...and people say I overreact? Tello is not Barca material, I have said it time and time again. Even a scarecrow would do a better job than that guy.

However, as he is catalan, Barca fans have no choice but to accept him as they did Oleguer- the catalan superhero.

_________________
ANYONE BUT TELLO 2012

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 557
Join date : 2012-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by CBarca on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 am

Your an idiot.

How do you come up with such crap every time you post? Who do you think you are, Juventus101?
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 16034
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Sanchez on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 am

@Brady2Moss wrote:...and people say I overreact? Tello is not Barca material, I have said it time and time again. Even a scarecrow would do a better job than that guy.

However, as he is catalan, Barca fans have no choice but to accept him as they did Oleguer- the catalan superhero.

You come back and post crap. How pleasing.. :coffee:

Tello wasn't satisfying though I will take him anyday to Sanchez.
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 pm

I cant help but watch and think after games like this...if Afellay played this amount of minutes he would never have gone, why was he chosen over him?

I dont mind shooting across the goalie, normally its the right thing to do..but the exact same position, same height, same speed, same open body with no disgise....
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by eelir on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I am also wandering what could have happened if Ibi had his minutes?

TBH i am not convinced by this guy, to me he is just fast one trick ponny with questionable decision making. At least so far...
avatar
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2128
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Afellay would have definitely done better with the same minutes.No doubt about it.But its what it is.No use crying over spilt milk.
Right now I would give Deulofeu more of a chance.He cant be worse and he has far more talent and game changing ability.
If one of them needs to play,then I prefer Deulofeu.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2387
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by Madvillain on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I prefer Deulofeu in Barça B, at least for another full season. They definitely need him more than the first team does and it's not like playing in the Segunda is bad for his development at his age. Wouldn't mind him to stay there until he's 20 to be honest. That's probably around the time Villa will stop. Would be a great replacement directly from La Masía.

_________________

Flash,Thundlr
avatar
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 605
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Don't see the point in starting Tello. He should only be used as a supersub to expose tired defenses in my eyes.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 22458
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm

If everyone is fit, including Villa. Hopefully Tello stays as that, an impact sub. I would hate for him to become Tito's Keita.

But I think, games where Deulofeu is on the first teams bench, he may aswell just start.

If he isnt going to play the Barca B game, he may aswell play ours, instead of playing neither and sitting on the bench.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by gondov on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

@The Franchise wrote:If everyone is fit, including Villa. Hopefully Tello stays as that, an impact sub. I would hate for him to become Tito's Keita.

But I think, games where Deulofeu is on the first teams bench, he may aswell just start.

If he isnt going to play the Barca B game, he may aswell play ours, instead of playing neither and sitting on the bench.


I think tello atm is far superior to Dealofeu. Tello is disciplined and works had in tracking back and knows when to try and beat his man or pass. I think tello will be very useful this season in games where we need to be direct and use deadly quick counter attacks, especially away matches.

His workrate is probably why he started yesterday instead of villa.

Dealofeu travelling with the team is a very valuable experience despite him not playing. Thiago went through something similar while being gradualy intergrated into the squad. If he is showing good form and sharpness during training then I'm sure Tito will start him.
avatar
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1176
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by free_cat on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Tello is 21. Afellay is 26. Can be a much better player than Afellay ever will (as a winger) and is currently not far off Afellay. Anyway, he shouldn't be a starter, but if Villa is coming back from an injury, and Alexis gets injured every time he plays with Chile, he then has to start.

But definitely he should come off bench to killed tired defences.

Deulofeu is already better than both Tello and Cuenca IMO, but he needs polishing and mental training.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Tello superior to Deulofeu? Nah, I dont buy that at all.

I agree with free, as in the youngster needs polishing and some details...but Tello right now isnt offering anything special. Work rate? Yes, its very impressive..but its not as if Deulofeu has shown us he is unwilling to do that.

Just saying, if he in the squad, I would rather see him start games than the captain of predictability, Tello.

As for Tello and Afellay directed at ree. Maybe in the future he can be better (I personally doubt it) but right now, he isnt. All I am really saying. I dont see a single attirubte that right now, he offers, that we couldnt of got out of Afellay. And if we are honest, its not like Tello has shown great improvements since he started...he looked better before when he was a surprise to everyone.

Anyway, while we dont have Alexis and Villa still not ready, we dont have any choice. My only point was its a shame Afellay didnt get this sort of chance, I think he would of done better with it.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by free_cat on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Afellay on the wing wasn't much to be honest. Yes, he once dribled Marcelo and made a good cross that was hugely important to win the Champions League. That's about it. He generally lacked dribling, touch and goal as a winger.

As a central midfielder, he was a better player, but we are packed there.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by gondov on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Tello superior to Deulofeu? Nah, I dont buy that at all.

I agree with free, as in the youngster needs polishing and some details...but Tello right now isnt offering anything special. Work rate? Yes, its very impressive..but its not as if Deulofeu has shown us he is unwilling to do that.

Just saying, if he in the squad, I would rather see him start games than the captain of predictability, Tello.

As for Tello and Afellay directed at ree. Maybe in the future he can be better (I personally doubt it) but right now, he isnt. All I am really saying. I dont see a single attirubte that right now, he offers, that we couldnt of got out of Afellay. And if we are honest, its not like Tello has shown great improvements since he started...he looked better before when he was a surprise to everyone.

Anyway, while we dont have Alexis and Villa still not ready, we dont have any choice. My only point was its a shame Afellay didnt get this sort of chance, I think he would of done better with it.

I'm not saying Tello is more skilled than Dealofeu. Dealofeu does all that fancy stuff in Barca B because he is their main creative/tricky threat upfront.

In the real barca team, discipline and work rate is far more important if you are a winger. Dealofeu is too selfish and easily gets frustrated. If he had played vs Getafe yesterday , our left wing would have been destroyed.

To us fans, it seems, the more skilled player should start , but if you are a coach you look at the overall picture, you want someone who follows your orders and goes foward without leaving the rest of the team vulnerable. In barca B, I've often noticed Eusebio's frustration with dealofeu, as he tries to do his own thing.

If dealofeu doesnt improve this aspect of his game, I doubt he will bench tello in important matches. I'm not a big fan of Tello but I see why Tito trusts him upfront.
avatar
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1176
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by free_cat on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

By the way, I don't think Tello was any bad. Yes, he missed a couple of chances making the same shot as always, but how he went past Varela with speed a couple of times was very good. Can't see Alexis doing that.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm

I agree, his speed is currently an asset, even if his finishing is god awful and predictable. He should just train finishing and cross/ back pass the ball more. He did that against Sociedad, and was involved in 3 goals I think.

Btw, haven't seen single impressive game from Deulofeu yet in Barca A, atleast when compared to Cuenca, Tello or Afellay.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 10772
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by free_cat on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Btw, haven't seen single impressive game from Deulofeu yet in Barca A, atleast when compared to Cuenca, Tello or Afellay.

It's difficult to do that if he doesn't play, don't you think so?

In friendlies he has scored like 3 goals in 4 games?

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by Harmonica on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 pm

@free_cat wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Btw, haven't seen single impressive game from Deulofeu yet in Barca A, atleast when compared to Cuenca, Tello or Afellay.

It's difficult to do that if he doesn't play, don't you think so?

In friendlies he has scored like 3 goals in 4 games?
Well yeah, played only two competitive games, but haven't impressed in friendlies either. Everything I have seen from him just have style over substance written all over it. Maybe he will prove me wrong this season, I hope so, but I've my doubts.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 10772
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cristian 'The Flash' Tello

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

@free_cat wrote:Afellay on the wing wasn't much to be honest. Yes, he once dribled Marcelo and made a good cross that was hugely important to win the Champions League. That's about it. He generally lacked dribling, touch and goal as a winger.

As a central midfielder, he was a better player, but we are packed there.

How many did Afellay play? Did he even play 2 in a row before?
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 18836
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum