alexjanosik
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
37 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'El Pulpo': Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Empty Re: 'El Pulpo': Sergio Busquets

Post by shinigami99 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 am

CBarca wrote:Busquets was immense today. MOTM for me.

hmmm I thought he could have been a little better maybe I missed some stuff :p

shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:17 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Needs to stop the play acting.. I'm sure his teammates are getting pissed at him at this point.
Just like Divenaldo, Dive Maria, and Pepedive should stop the pitiful diving.
I'm being serious dude, those players make me mad as well with the diving.

All I'm saying is that busquets does it way too much. When you guys went vs getafe instead of shooting 5 yards away from goal or laying it off he just dived.

Other then that he has a fantastic touch and unbelievably disiplined. Just needs to tackle a bit better, but he's very good at slowing down attacks and forcing them to go to the wings. A genius in his own right.

Real fans tend to not know or ignore the fact that though due to the nature of our game, Busquets, along with the likes of Xavi and Messi gets just as much as attention and hence fouls hacks and kicks suffered. Hes our main holding player, with pretty much everything going through him or Xavi and oppositions try to stop this. The amount of times he gets badly fouled with or without ref blowing whistle is enormous. He got a nasty stud on his lower leg again in this game, much like the one he suffered a couple of weeks back....

Ppl who keeps on about him diving and nothing else are just ignorant.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:13 am

shinigami99 wrote:
CBarca wrote:Busquets was immense today. MOTM for me.

hmmm I thought he could have been a little better maybe I missed some stuff :p

I didn't know it was him responsible for the goal Sad

Kinda ruins his performance now and I have to take back what I said. Other than that I remember him mopping up A LOT. Thought he was great.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Needs to stop the play acting.. I'm sure his teammates are getting pissed at him at this point.
Just like Divenaldo, Dive Maria, and Pepedive should stop the pitiful diving.
I'm being serious dude, those players make me mad as well with the diving.

All I'm saying is that busquets does it way too much. When you guys went vs getafe instead of shooting 5 yards away from goal or laying it off he just dived.

Other then that he has a fantastic touch and unbelievably disiplined. Just needs to tackle a bit better, but he's very good at slowing down attacks and forcing them to go to the wings. A genius in his own right.

Real fans tend to not know or ignore the fact that though due to the nature of our game, Busquets, along with the likes of Xavi and Messi gets just as much as attention and hence fouls hacks and kicks suffered. Hes our main holding player, with pretty much everything going through him or Xavi and oppositions try to stop this. The amount of times he gets badly fouled with or without ref blowing whistle is enormous. He got a nasty stud on his lower leg again in this game, much like the one he suffered a couple of weeks back....

Ppl who keeps on about him diving and nothing else are just ignorant.

But he does dive alot.. players who dive alot get a reputation for it, and defenders will play dirtier.

Why do you think ronaldo at times is literally mauled?

Only exception I've seen is messi.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am

For me, there is a difference between 'play-actor' and 'diver'. I don't think either is better or worse, it depends on the situation. However, Busi is not a diver, he doesn't dive anymore than the usual player. He IS a play-actor though. I understand there is often a fine line between the two, and often they go hand in hand, but generally he acts, not dives. Yes, I'd like him to cut it out of his game.

The problem is Busi does one thing very effectively, which is completely OK in football, and another which is very wrong and I don't agree with. What he does well, in fact probably better than anyone except Xavi (and maybe Iniesta) is protect the ball and draw fouls legally. If you put your body between the player and the ball, they either have to change their approach to you, or foul you. Its quite simple and he makes it look simple too. Most of the time he does it perfectly legally. Often it is definitely a foul, he just acts to make it look worse (unnecessary). Sometimes its not a foul, and he acts to fool the referee.

Personally, I think he's good enough at protecting the ball and drawing fouls without needing to act, so I can't understand why he does it. I hope Xavi and Pep have a word to him about it, because it just undermines his reputation and the respect he actually deserves.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

I dont give two hoots about Busquets diving or acting. He doesnt dive anyway, he exaggerates contact.

The truth is, people would like him to stop because these actions are seen as wrong, immoral, cheating and cowardly.

But I really dont care if he stops or not, I would prefer him not to do it, but I wont go on any crusades forsaking him for doing it.

But more important than if he should stop or not, is the logic that he needs to stop to "improve himself as a player". Some of the biggest load of hogwash I ever heard.

Diving, in terms of production on the pitch or playing level, has zero negative impact other than the occasional time nobody believes his dive and he is left out of position and the ball stolen. But that is very rare and he wins more fouls by diving then he does losing possession and it not being called, its not even close.

So, in terms of stopping diving to improve himself...thats rubbish to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Dani, its true. He can't improve himself as a player, but he can improve what people think of him.

I think a lot of the acting accusations are over-scrutinised actually, simply because he's done it before. However, unfortunate to say, but this is fair enough. CR7 dived a lot as a youngster, Drogba dived and since then... even when they don't dive they are criticised. Its like the boy who cried wolf. Its sad that when Busi actually does get injured (like that horrible tackle the other day) people react with glee rather than horror. This is not something I'd want as a sportsman at least. I think this is something emphasised in Australia a lot, lot more (here if a player dives, both league and club issue them fines and they are banned for 1 or 2 games... often very harsh calls), that as a sportsman your integrity is very important. If somebody cheats in sport here , we look upon them as absolute scum.

Thing is ... as I said before, if he cut the acting out of his game, I don't think he would suffer at all. I don't think the team would suffer either. So why do it?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes that true, but as you said there will be certain people out there that no matter what he does, he will always be a scummy diver.

But yes, your right.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Simply brilliant.His performance against Madrid in the 3-1 Clasico at the Bernabeau is one of the most brilliant tactical performances I have ever seen,if not the most brilliant.
For my money,he is the second best midfielder in the world after Xavi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Simply brilliant.His performance against Madrid in the 3-1 Clasico at the Bernabeau is one of the most brilliant tactical performances I have ever seen,if not the most brilliant.

Busquets being better than Iniesta :facepalm: :facepalm: I know you underrate Don, but it's ridiculous.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:21 pm

matpol wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Busquets being better than Iniesta :facepalm: :facepalm: I know you underrate Don, but it's ridiculous.

I dont underrate Iniesta.Its close between the 2 and I can understand why most would prefer Iniesta but personally its Busquets for me.I have always championed Busquets from the moment he broke into the team to the time when he displaced Yaya from the team to now.
I have not seen a player like him.Can you name another player in world football who could have done what he did in the 3-1 Clasico?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 pm

How will he react to this hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Like everyone else? Why would he be any different?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:53 pm

He does have a particularly interesting relationship with Guardiola.

I don't think Guardiola had as much impact on the individual development of any other player as much as he's had on Busquets.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Well yeah sure, but I dont think it will change anything with him now in terms of performance or chances.

Busquets has transformed himself into the best in his position, at least for the way we play, so I doubt anything changes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:29 am

Happy Birthday Smile

Busquets Stats in 191 official games at Barca:
- 142W 36D 13 L {74.3 W %}
- 158 Starts
- 7 goals
- 8 assists
- YellowC 43
- RedC 1

#busi24
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 am

After the lost to the Swiss in the World Cup; VDB said if he were to be any player on the Spanish team, he would be Busquets.' A clear notion that the men the men in the hot seat value him quite a bit.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:06 pm

In a match up,how well would Busquets do against Messi?
Its one duel that I would love to see.First glance it might seem that Messi would destroy Busquets.But Busquets has kept some of the best attackers in the world in his pocket.I give Messi the edge but I am sure Busquets will stop Messi a few times.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:In a match up,how well would Busquets do against Messi?
Its one duel that I would love to see.First glance it might seem that Messi would destroy Busquets.But Busquets has kept some of the best attackers in the world in his pocket.I give Messi the edge but I am sure Busquets will stop Messi a few times.
At one point busquets had an interesting stat (not 100% sure), he was never beat by an attacker running at him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

it depends.messi would rape busquets in a argentina vs spain game imo.

if messi were to play against barca then idk.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

In terms of marking him and pressuring him and making sure he gets no headway as soon as he gets the ball, I think Busquets could do well, one on one with Messi running at him I find it very hard for Busquets though.

I agree with you though, I think Messi would have the edge but Busquets would stop him a few times. Of course, that's not an insult to Busquets at all.

On Busquets in general: I'm excited too see if he has improved any more, he's already my favorite DM right now (and one of my favorite of all time), such a fun player to watch, what he does game in and game out is amazing.

EDIT:
At one point busquets had an interesting stat (not 100% sure), he was never beat by an attacker running at him.

Wow, that's an amazing stat if true, doesn't change my opinion though, I think Messi running at him would be no good for Busquets.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Doubt it.....dunno what constitutes bneing beaten by an attacker in a statistical sense but I distinctly remember a couple occasions at the Euros where someone went past him.

As for the duel, tough to tell, what but I really don't think any particular individual can stop Messi, it's all about team defense.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Sergio is great and all but Messi is an alien. 1v1 Messi can just run around him with pace, something Sergio lacks.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Doubt it.....dunno what constitutes bneing beaten by an attacker in a statistical sense but I distinctly remember a couple occasions at the Euros where someone went past him.

As for the duel, tough to tell, what but I really don't think any particular individual can stop Messi, it's all about team defense.
It was sometime at the start of the season, a fair amount of games were played too.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:58 pm

they actually played against each other in 2009 argentina vs catalonya match. messi got past him and in that moment busquets was very angry. messi has running with the ball skill that nobody had in history so he just would run around busquets and its not about speed or kick and run after it, its just different thing that i still can not understand

busquets never lose the ball he always finds solution this is what i like in him the most. second comes his passing for me. then his defending
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next