Art Morte
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
poolsupporter
RedOranje
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  Empty Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Watching all 3 of England u-21 games, I can't help but think to myself, Jay is a significantly better player than 90% of the midfielders England have taken to Denmark. From his tackling, to passing range and awareness, beggers the belief. Guaranteed that rating players under Stuart Pearce is very unfair, same way rating them under Woy was....but can you see any differences between Jay and Hendo ?

At this moment, Jay edges it for me. Think he's absolutely no way worse than any of the English midfielders in the u-21 tournament from what I've seen (guaranteed only 3 games under a shit manager). Really glad we have him...Unbelievably under-rated, he probably should have a market value of 10M

Back to top Go down

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  Empty Re: Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHA at all those not rating Spearing now.

Back to top Go down

Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster  Empty Re: Jay Spearing- Most underrated English Youngster

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Like you 7 months ago?

Jay would likely look just as poor as the rest under Pearce. It's not all the manager's fault but here it certainly looks to be a case of mostly at his feet.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:21 pm

I believe the only midfielder that could make a difference at this point is Wilshere.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:09 am

There is no point rating players based on National team performances.If thats the case the likes of Gerrard and Lampard should be playing for Bolton based on their NT performances.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 am

Jay is short. True story. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 am

Spearing indeed is in a fine form, but I don't know how many games he'll get with all our CM players now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Art Morte wrote:Spearing indeed is in a fine form, but I don't know how many games he'll get with all our CM players now.

he will be our very own O'shea/Brown: not the best player of the squad but could stay for years, given that hes a commited player who wont mind staying on the bench and give his all when called upon
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:53 am

No disrespect, I like Spearing but he's just so goddamn ugly....I try to like him but he just doesn't cut it for me.

I don't know whatahell is wrong with me
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 pm

By the way guys Spearing didn't start a single leauge game so far. Clearly Kenny dosen't rate him as highly as you do
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:48 pm

No-one (other than Sepi, perhaps) has even hinted that Spearing should be a consistent starter for us... simply a squad player. That he has not started is neither a surprise nor a discredit to the lad, it's merely an indication that the squad has better players (Lucas).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Guys wanted him to start at Everton for understandable reasons perhaps, but I personally don't think he's a starter under any circumstance.

No problem with him , I just feel there are better players.........
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 am

Spearing hasn't started because Lucas has been fit all season.

but with Lucas looking absolutely knackered on saturday and now suspended, Jay will either start on sat or in CC vs. Stoke. and he will shine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 am

He's still a poor mans Tiote tho........

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 am

I want to see Speariiiiiiing start a gaaaaaammmmme-ah.

Oh, Hetfield's singing in The Day That Never Comes-ahh got to me there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvgonzo Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm

He may get a game this weekend with Lucas being suspended.

luvgonzo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:07 am

Didn't watch the game. But been reading everywhere that he was boss yet again.

Can't describe in words how much I love Spearing. Top player!

Back to top Go down

Post by danielagger98 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:27 am

He is really really bad. All he does is make short safe passes. He is too bad to play in a top team like Liverpool, probably play with some championship side. He cannot or will never replace Charlie Adam or Henderson or any other top 6 EPL team midfielders..

danielagger98
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 am

danielagger98 wrote:He is really really bad. All he does is make short safe passes. He is too bad to play in a top team like Liverpool, probably play with some championship side. He cannot or will never replace Charlie Adam or Henderson or any other top 6 EPL team midfielders..

Did you see whose hollywood pass led to Suarez' first goal Suspect

and 90% of Xavi's passes are short and safe too....same with Lucas. It's very much needed at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 am

Loved the challenge he put in on the left side near the end of the game. Absolutely rocked the Stoke player (might have been Pennant).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 am

Think it was Whelan or Walters red. (Where he pushed someone someone off the ball to get the goal kick in the box.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:48 pm

It was on the left touch line. Agger made an attempt but the player retained possession then Spearing came in and absolutely clattered him, while still getting the ball. It was great to see Stoke get a taste of their own.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_nana93 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 pm

I've gotta say Spearing has improved a lot. I can remember he got a couple of games under Rafa and didn't look convincing. Pretty similar to Lucas in his playing style. Not the best technically but tremendous work rate! Oh yeh and his scouse Razz
k_nana93
k_nana93
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 am

yet another game we get overrun in 2nd half and the white Vieira dosn't get a look in :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Time to see what your boy's made of Sepi.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next