billy_gr
BarcaKizz
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
65 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 14 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo!

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks for confirming.It just surprised me that Guardiola,the ultimate Cruyffist would play 4-4-2.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

We also played something of a diamond 4-4-2 against Stuttgart and large parts of the game against City.

First of all, there's a lot of asymmetries, rotations in our formations, second I think it is also a result of Schweinsteigers and Thiagos absence, as well as the absences of Ribery and Robben.

Third, Pep is young, and evolving Smile
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Pep. :bow:

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 14 I8sopjh7

Finally coming to his senses. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Oh god. That possession Stat. Has he abandoned his principles? Is he playing anti football? Why would you do this to us Pep :'(
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Bayern were the ones with 59% that's very normal for a Pep coached team. But TWENTY shots though Pep ffs :bow: first time in his life he let's his team attack the box with such force
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Fussball you used those stats in the CL group thread as well during the game.

What time do they cover? the first 10 minutes Laughing? Because at half time we were already leading in possession again hmm

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 pm

UEFA's stats for the game.

1   Goals scored     0

58 Possession (%) 42

22 Total attempts 8
9   on target        2
10 off target        6
3   blocked          0

6   Corners          4    

3  Offsides           2

0 Yellow cards      4

8 Fouls committed 16
15 Fouls suffered  8

592   Passes       423
516  completed   364
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

I posted the stat at 9:06. Game started at 8:45. So yeah, about 20 mins in. hmm I imagine he was like: "I don't need possession anymore, I made it" before the game had started. But after 20 minutes he couldn't surpress his addiction anymore and relapsed. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Fußball wrote:I posted the stat at 9:06. Game started at 8:45. So yeah, about 20 mins in. hmm I imagine he was like: "I don't need possession anymore, I made it" before the game had started. But after 20 minutes he couldn't surpress his addiction anymore and relapsed. hmm

Laughing

In the Bayern section thread I posted a link to the full post match presser on ZDF mediathek. There he answers this question as well Smile

It's funny how we immediately gained more control about the game with the change in formation after 25m.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:54 pm

What the hell is he playing?Cant make out heads or tails.Saw their last game.
Alonso the deepest midfielder.Then Lahm slightly ahead and to the right.Then a free floater in Shaqiri who keeps popping here and there.Definitely not playing as a midfielder in that game in my book.Lewa up top and Robben to the right.
Its Bernat's role which was the most curious.I mean the guy did nothing all game except stay out wide left.It was almost as if he was playing as a decoy for Alaba who could often be seen in advanced positions.Sometimes Bernat could be seen in LB and Alaba ahead of him.I just couldnt figure out what the hell Bernat was doing and what Pep expected of him.A decoy for Alaba to what purpose exactly?Rafinha the RB barely attacked in the first half.

Then in the second half when Shaqiri went off,he switched to a 4-4-2 and it somewhat made sense.
But couldnt make heads or tails of what he was playing till then.
Hapless_Hans-Could you please explain?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:08 pm

I didnt watch the game but just by your description I think a few things.

Alaba is one of the new age under-lappers. Perhaps it because he is half fullback-half midfielder it suits him well. The width of Bernat who just gives the most width possible maximizes the space for the underlap.

The rest of it minus Shaqiri makes sense to me considering the players. Alonso lost the almost zero mobility he had previously, Lahm is a who he is so allows his roaming makes sense with Alonso in there.

Shaqiri obviously isnt a midfielder but perhaps he lacked options, I notice Thiago is sadly injured again, Basti is unfit? Martinez? The young Gaudino kid looks like a deeper lying player so playing him and Lahm AND Alonso sounds like overkill and players stepping on each others toes.

I guess Rafinha didnt attack to keep defensive balance for Alaba's underlaps. It sounds to me like the midfield was on a "what we have basis" and Alaba is really being let off the lesh.

Again, I didnt see anything but thats my thoughts.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 am

Sorry to chime in but surely in that situation you would play Shaqiri wide left, Alaba in CM and Bernat at LB.

Neuer
Rafinha CB CB Bernat
Alonso
Robben Lahm Alaba Shaqiri
Lewa

I understnad Bernat is a poor defneder but against most teams, that formation would be fine, and would be better suited with the players.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:29 am

I haven't read this entire article yet, but it talks about the evolution of Pep formations.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/barcelona-to-bayern-munich-evolution-of-pep-guardiola-intriguing-formations

Barcelona he stuck with 4-3-3

With Bayern he has done 4-1-4-1, 3-4-3 and 3-3-3-1.

They have some good line formations and the image moving around with the players giving you a better idea of the formation.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Kick wrote:Sorry to chime in but surely in that situation you would play Shaqiri wide left, Alaba in CM and Bernat at LB.

Neuer
Rafinha CB CB Bernat
Alonso
Robben Lahm Alaba Shaqiri
Lewa

I understnad Bernat is a poor defneder but against most teams, that formation would be fine, and would be better suited with the players.

Depends who "you" is.

What would be the purpose of Bernat in this set up for example? He cant overlap because Shaqiri is a lefty and will not want to move inside onto his right foot.

So he stays back behind the ball and you attack with one less player.

Also who is the ball carrier in the middle? Someone has to get in between the lines and turn, is it going to be Alaba? I think playing with that line up with create a bigger space between Lew and the midfield. He would have to drop deeper to pick up passes, perhaps too deep.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:I didnt watch the game but just by your description I think a few things.

Alaba is one of the new age under-lappers. Perhaps it because he is half fullback-half midfielder it suits him well. The width of Bernat who just gives the most width possible maximizes the space for the underlap.

The rest of it minus Shaqiri makes sense to me considering the players. Alonso lost the almost zero mobility he had previously, Lahm is a who he is so allows his roaming makes sense with Alonso in there.

Shaqiri obviously isnt a midfielder but perhaps he lacked options, I notice Thiago is sadly injured again, Basti is unfit? Martinez? The young Gaudino kid looks like a deeper lying player so playing him and Lahm AND Alonso sounds like overkill and players stepping on each others toes.

I guess Rafinha didnt attack to keep defensive balance for Alaba's underlaps. It sounds to me like the midfield was on a "what we have basis" and Alaba is really being let off the lesh.

Again, I didnt see anything but thats my thoughts.

Yeah we discussed Alaba's underlapping last season too.But then it was with Ribery and it made sense.Ribery likes to take on the fullback on the outside and generally stays wide so allows Alaba to underlap.
Could be the reason he played Bernat instead of Gotze.Gotze likes to come central and wont stay wide thus taking room away from Alaba for the underlap.Bernat stays wide and creates room for the underlap plus he can cover for Alaba better.
I guess with Alaba at LB he needs a more conventional winger type of player ahead instead of an inside forward who will come central.
But then Bernat was just useless.

Also interesting that Lewa hasnt been participating a lot in buildup.He mostly stays up top.Playing more like a conventional 9 than a false 9.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:23 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0fpvHoCAAAPlTS.jpg

What do we call this? 361?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:13 am

Oh Pep, you sexy dressed tactician you
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:17 am

"We have a few things to improve and one of them is that we gave Roma too many chances at the start of the second half," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"This game is an exception, an incident," he said. "It's not the difference between the two teams, we will see that in two weeks. We got a quick goal and that relaxed us, then we got another. Rome are a team who always play well, but we were very aggressive, made the right decisions and found space."

Pep Proud the humble one
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Luis Enrique is doing his thing and I dont have very many complaints, however, I will forever miss the tactical experimentation of Pep.

Its like a second layer to the game, his tactics.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:"We have a few things to improve and one of them is that we gave Roma too many chances at the start of the second half," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"This game is an exception, an incident," he said. "It's not the difference between the two teams, we will see that in two weeks. We got a quick goal and that relaxed us, then we got another. Rome are a team who always play well, but we were very aggressive, made the right decisions and found space."

Pep Proud the humble one

We have a few things to improve though. The result was indeed a bit of an 'incident', since many things went our way and that made it easy. Once Ashley Cole let Robben score that easily Roma were in a bad position and couldn't deal with it.

Apart from that we were nothing that special imo. Obviously we were very good, but basically we play like that every week.
Just more aggressivity and concentration yesterday, due to the occasion.
If things don't go our way like yesterday this doesn't look quite so otherworldly as people now claim with the result. I've seen us play better, and so has Pep.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:Luis Enrique is doing his thing and I dont have very many complaints, however, I will forever miss the tactical experimentation of Pep.

In fairness Lucho first has to fix the basics that have been destroyed in the past 2 season, e. g. consistent pressing, positional play etc. Would be pointless to attempt something like 3-3-3-1 or whatever Pep used yesterday if the team can't even press consistently at a world class level in 4-3-3 yet.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:"We have a few things to improve and one of them is that we gave Roma too many chances at the start of the second half," he told Sky Sport Italia.

Pep Proud the humble one

We have a few things to improve though. The result was indeed a bit of an 'incident', since many things went our way and that made it easy. Once Ashley Cole let Robben score that easily Roma were in a bad position and couldn't deal with it.

Apart from that we were nothing that special imo. Obviously we were very good, but basically we play like that every week.
Just more aggressivity and concentration yesterday, due to the occasion.
If things don't go our way like yesterday this doesn't look quite so otherworldly as people now claim with the result. I've seen us play better, and so has Pep.

I know what he meant Hans. You should we know Pep Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Fußball wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Luis Enrique is doing his thing and I dont have very many complaints, however, I will forever miss the tactical experimentation of Pep.

In fairness Lucho first has to fix the basics that have been destroyed in the past 2 season, e. g. consistent pressing, positional play etc. Would be pointless to attempt something like 3-3-3-1 or whatever Pep used yesterday if the team can't even press consistently at a world class level in 4-3-3 yet.

No, its not his fault at all and I wouldnt expect him to do anything similar at all either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Maybe one thing has just not changed in football for some years. You just don't outplay a Pep Guardiola team in an open game. Roma is just the kind of team the current Bayern Munich dreams of playing and understandably they had a field day. Now wait for all the parked buses coming their way one after another.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Pep and Klopp are having quite a rivalry 3 wins a peice.  First coach I've seen that has really kept up with Pep.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Why is he such a drama queen? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next