spanky
TalkingReckless
Babun
dmize
che
Nishankly
11 posters

Go down

How to reduce overheating in Laptops? Empty How to reduce overheating in Laptops?

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:38 pm

I got a dell.
It overheats if i do big processes for more than one hour or 45 mins or so.
Its pretty annoying Neutral

Any methods?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

How to reduce overheating in Laptops? Empty Re: How to reduce overheating in Laptops?

Post by che Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:05 pm

if it's out of warranty, unscrew the bottom cover and drill holes in it, no joke

otherwise the general rules apply, keep it on a solid surface with good airflow or get a cooler

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0028A6BHQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_g147_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1V1YFGZTA8RTCPFJBRF6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

i'm using this one, can't complain

if it still overheats get a new non-dell laptop Laughing

also vacuuming... mostly an issue with desktops but laptops need to be cleaned occasionally too
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

How to reduce overheating in Laptops? Empty Re: How to reduce overheating in Laptops?

Post by dmize Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 pm

^ that. Pick up a laptop cooler for it
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Do you live in India Nishank? Very Happy If so, there's no helping it the usual way Very Happy
Open it up if past warranty and drill holes. Position the holes in such a way that airflow through the cooler is possible otherwise the holes won't make sense and may stall the heat eco smile
If you can find a thin greed nearby, use a scissor and glue it over the holes you made to prevent dust from entering the laptop case eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:26 pm

get a cooling pad..... clean the fan with compressed air.

if u can't get a cooling pad, try to keep it on a book or flat object... and make sure the fans are not covered by the object and air can flow out.... keep it at a edge....

thats what i do when i go back to Pakistan in the heat
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 pm

briefly put: clean the dust off of it(vents) using compressed air/vacuum cleaner, dont use it on fabric surfaces, decrease processor power.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I simply put a book below it to give it some space between the surface and the laptop.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm

if the surface is a table, not a bed or something soft, a book would still block the airflow...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:44 am

It works fine for me...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 am

Im been using a table, I place it in such a way that half the lappy is on and half of it off Laughing

I guess i will buy a cooler.

Yes Babun, I live in India!

Is drilling holes and cleaning the lappy safe by a noob like me safe, che?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Nishank wrote:Im been using a table, I place it in such a way that half the lappy is on and half of it off Laughing

I guess i will buy a cooler.

Yes Babun, I live in India!

Is drilling holes and cleaning the lappy safe by a noob like me safe, che?

opening and cleaning it is easy...remembering how to put it back can sometimes be a pain...
PS. dont lose any screws their small as hell.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 am

Use compressed air wisely. Way too many people just end up blowing dust back inside the laptop.

I'd open up as much I can and then use compressed air. Be very careful as far as vacuum cleaners are concerned as the static could kill certain components.

The above advice is good for the most part though. Flat surface, give the computer room to breathe and you should be good.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm

It will cost you less than 20 bucks. Go buy a PC fan for around 6 dollars. Get a piece of perspex bout twice the size of your laptop. Drill holes in it then mount the fan in the middle. Connect the fan wires to any power adapter with a switch where you can set the voltage. Now fold the piece of perspex over till it is a nice angle where it will serve as a cooling pad. Plug in the fan and place the laptop ontop of it and voila.
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 am

My brother has a laptop and got a cooler for it and has never had a problem with it so...dooo iittt. Worth the money.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down