Ganso
Babun
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bastian Schweinsteiger - Page 3 Empty Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:
Witty Futty wrote:Schweinsteiger would be awesome in Italy, while going to England was a mistake, given the pace of the league.

myth...
I don't think the pace was a problem. It isn't for Eriksen, and wasn't for Lampard, Scholes, Giggs etc. when they got older.

Why did he left Bayern in the first place?

Won everything with Bayern. World Cup frakking champion. Bayern has a lot of talents that play under his position, and he's naturally ceded his spot to the new generation, plus he had a very injury plagued season. He wanted a new challenge, requested a transfer and was gladly accepted due to his legend status. LVG was at ManU at that time, who he has very good relations with so it was good for all parties involved.

Schwein never had pace Laughing. Not even when he was a wide midfielder. He still has the footballing IQ to be a good player for a few years to come, IMO. Hope a lot of clubs go after him.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Bastian Schweinsteiger - Page 3 48210a91c79ce69be330b08a45e79873

read that he won't be leaving and why would he, apparently his remaining deal is worth 17m with us lmao

I hope we bring him back into the side tbh, not like we're stacked with quality in his positions
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:20 am

Its painful to see him like this tho. He needs to go. Pls go Bastian for your own sake. One of the best lads to have worn the shirt truly. Staying just because he is on high wages is really dumb. If he want he can go to some Chinese or Turkish club and get similar or even more money. Not playing at all because of that is very depressing.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:55 am

Maybe he wants to enjoy the honeymoon with his gal, and not having to travel around so much gives him more time for her? hmm

It's not as if he needs to play regularly to get into the German NT anymore. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 am

Ion Creanga wrote:Why did he left Bayern in the first place?

Because Pep doesn't know squat about respect, or honor, either.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:10 am

But when Pep binned him its fine because 'he really wanted to join Man U for a long time' but when Mou does everyone loses his mind
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:58 am

ES wrote:But when Pep binned him its fine because 'he really wanted to join Man U for a long time' but when Mou does everyone loses his mind

It's pretty insulting you would compare the two situations. Like, seriously insulting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
ES wrote:But when Pep binned him its fine because 'he really wanted to join Man U for a long time' but when Mou does everyone loses his mind

It's pretty insulting you would compare the two situations. Like, seriously insulting.

Not to mention incredibly moronic.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:13 pm

From what I gathered, Bayern never really "binned" him but they didn't stand in his way when he wanted newer pastures. Even if you're a cynical sort, Bayern still gave him the dignity and respect as a club legend so the situation has real differences.

However, Utd are under no obligation to follow that route. None. Bastien has no connection to Utd besides being another player in their ranks and worse that you have a manager who can be quite unkind, to say the least, to players who he has no interest in. So to drop him so unceremoniously would have been pretty much easy for them.

I personally find it disrespectful to treat your employees in that manner but this version of Utd is doing things...differently.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Mou is being the same douchebag as he has always been. Nothing new here. Remember him throwing Adan into the fire just to prove a point. Or blaming all world wars on Pedro Leon.

How can he look at his midfield options and find no use for Schweinsteiger?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:46 pm

rincon wrote:Mou is being the same douchebag as he has always been. Nothing new here. Remember him throwing Adan into the fire just to prove a point. Or blaming all world wars on Pedro Leon.

How can he look at his midfield options and find no use for Schweinsteiger?

Cant decide if you are being serious with this. You mustnt have counted the last season if you are. First of all the man has no legs to work in the PL. And even in the 10 or odd matches he featured in the entirety of last season, he only looked decent and didnt show anything to suggest he is going to beast again this year. Perhaps LvG too had a part in his decline as the man basically gave Basti a free pass last season when he was hair-drying everyone else.
I favored the man over Carrick, but what makes an older by 3 years Carrick better despite all his not so convincing displays is the fact that he can still at least put a shift in for 90 mins. He still got the legs. Thats why Mou has opted him and left out Basti (not a fan of the manner in which he chose to do it obviously). We didnt have room for both of them with Pogba coming and a couple of talented youth who are coming up.

And regarding our midfield options, you can disagree but the truth is all of our midfield options are currently better than him, even Fellaini(who this season is beasting it anyway).

You can deride Mou all you want for treating Basti this way, its fine. But condemning his decision to not use him this season telling him he is good enough is just being ignorant. Basti might have been a world class player but he aint now. Still a top lad tho. Sad Thats why it hurts to see him suffer like this.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:23 pm

No one said anything about him beasting. He is old, that's obvious, but a player of his experience and talent can be useful. United has no suffocating amount of quality in midfield thatt would make him useless to the degree that he is pushed out of the squad with no benefit whatsoever.

If Schweinsteiger can be useful for Germany then he can be useful for United. Pushing him out like this is nonsense. Absolutely no benefit in kicking out your most experienced midfielder when you are not even making money from it, and he isn't a toxic personality.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't know why there is even any discussion about Schweinsteigers quality.

He's either brilliant, even for the PL, or injured. There is nothing to be said about not being able to cope with the pace of the PL or anything, that's just utterly retarded bullshit. He looked only decent last season because LvGs United was a mess.

I can understand Mou not wanting to rely on an injury-prone, aging player. But you don't do him in like that. You treat him with respect. You tell him you want to give Pogba a chance, and that he won't leave the bench much because you don't expect him to last most of the season, which a player like Schweinsteiger will understand, because he knows exactly how much he's been injured.

But you don't send a legend to train with the youth squad. That shit's disrespectful.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Bastian Schweinsteiger - Page 3 Schwei10
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Yea saw it. Crying or Very sad He is a seriously classy human being. Cant really express how embarrassed am i to see him being treated like this by our club. Hope Mou will reconsider his stand and at least bring him into the 1st team, let the lad to at least be with them even if he cant get him a game. Its not like Basti is some Balotelli like spoilt child. The lad's a model pro. Players will benefit him being around.
I personally believe he will stay this season and will leave for US and A next season.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Basti, such a beast and a classy sportsman Proud.

I'm very lukewarm over Mou, but this whole fiasco is just so insulting.

Guys, he wasn't exactly phased out by Pep (remembered he suffered multiple injuries) he actually petitioned to be let go to ManU, specifically.

Sad day for football. This man needs to play, FFS.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

meh, this is just him trying to justify why he will sit in the reserves and collect his money rather than actually move and play for the next 2 years. Mourinho has no obligation to Schweinsteiger. He didn't sign him. He isn't in his plans. He can do what he wants. Pretty simple. All the Schweini fanboys need to accept it instead of thinking this is some injustice.

Me personally, I think that if we don't sign any other CM/DM then he should be brought back into the first team, it's not like we're super stacked there, he certainly isn't noticeably worse than someone like current Carrick, Blind, etc. Which is who we have for cover in those positions.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Firenze wrote:meh, this is just him trying to justify why he will sit in the reserves and collect his money rather than actually move and play for the next 2 years. Mourinho has no obligation to Schweinsteiger. He didn't sign him. He isn't in his plans. He can do what he wants. Pretty simple. All the Schweini fanboys need to accept it instead of thinking this is some injustice.

Me personally, I think that if we don't sign any other CM/DM then he should be brought back into the first team, it's not like we're super stacked there, he certainly isn't noticeably worse than someone like current Carrick, Blind, etc. Which is who we have for cover in those positions.

So are you justifying what Jose did to him i.e ostracizing him to the reserve squad ?
True he doesnt have any obligation. But at least he should be treating the lad with respect. What ill he can bring if he is put with the 1st team? The man is so much in love with our club. Plus he's a leader and will come about as hugely helpful to our youngsters.

Dont think he will be brought back whatever happen during the course of the season now. Jose has made it clear through his actions. He is such an egotistical sonofagun who wont all of a sudden now go back and start playing him. That would belittle him in front of everyone else. Jose will be the last person to do something like that actually.

Basti is not entirely scotfree too I agree. He appeared half arsed last season and got too much a leeway under his pal lvg. Jose puts professionalism and competitiveness above everything else. Thats why this is happening.
He has the power to decide who to play and who not. Thats perfectly fair. But as I said a lot of times, its the way he is handling this that is disgraceful. Not the fact that he is doing this in the first place.

Last edited by Glory on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm

You cannot expect him to move just because he's not in Mou's plans. He still thinks he has some game left in him (showed it at the Euros) and left the NT to surely be better physically fit for club level. He's not exactly fat Rooney who just plays because he's English even though he's mediocre. Schwein is definitely not one of those prima donnas. The whole situation is unfathomable for a player of his level.

Mou has no obligation to play him, but Schwein has no obligation to move and most likely take a pay cut just because Mou had his period and does not want him in his squad. He is under contract. The whole train with the kids stuff is excessive.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Sushi Master wrote:You cannot expect him to move just because he's not in Mou's plans. He still thinks he has some game left in him (showed it at the Euros) and left the NT to surely be better physically fit for club level. He's not exactly fat Rooney who just plays because he's English even though he's mediocre. Schwein is definitely not one of those prima donnas. The whole situation is unfathomable for a player of his level.

Mou has no obligation to play him, but Schwein has no obligation to move and most likely take a pay cut just because Mou had his period and does not want him in his squad. He is under contract. The whole train with the kids stuff is excessive.

Proud

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:36 pm

I've said before you can't expect someone to leave against his will if he has a contract with the club. Schweini is entitled to every penny of his contract. The best outcome for him would be to leave and get a severance package, like what usually happens in these situations. Like I said, I think Schweini has something to offer to the club but I'm not Mourinho or part of the United staff. They think differently.

You realize that players training with the reserves etc happens all the time, if he isn't in Mourinho's plans then what is he going to do? why would he let him train with the first team? Schweini was a clear LVG passion signing. To me it's no different from when a manager comes to a team and clears out the previous coaching staff.

I agree about Mourinho being a sturrborn pos but the fact he's starting Mata after discarding him at Chelsea makes me think Schweini could come back to the team, although I do admit it's highly unlikely.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 pm

I agree that Mourinho has no obligation to Schweinsteiger as he didn't sign him, but he does have a general obligation towards the club, and all his players, to treat them with respect, and not make a mockery of the incredibly esteemed, and traditional, institution that is Manchester United.

And he's making ManU seem like a piece of shit provincial shit show involved in some kid's hissy fit right now. Making a legend train with the youth... FFS!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:01 pm

mourinho is a world class manager but the way he does things are not the way man u have done things over the years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:33 pm

Let's not put all the blame on Jose now, he does have superiors who he works for. Superiors who, from face value, is in support of his decision.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Doc wrote:Let's not put all the blame on Jose now, he does have superiors who he works for. Superiors who, from face value, is in support of his decision.
they have to support him. if they don't there was no point giving him the job.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:08 pm

They, being I guess the Glazer family and its board of directors including Woodward, would only support a decision they approve of or see value in. Jose may manage the team but they manage him. If Jose has no real role for Bastien then believe me, they knew about it and clearly are going along with it.

This is really no way one should treat an employee though. Especially someone who has the credentials as Schweinsteiger does.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: