Gerard Pique

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Gerard Pique

Post by free_cat on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 am

Huge games in which Pique has not sucked:

Champions League final 2009, like a dozen Barça-Madrid, World cup 2010, Champions League Final 2011, Club world cups/supercups, etc., Eurocup 2012, and this season all the games vs. Atletico, the Barça-Madrid and several games in the CL.

Yeah, he is a segunda player.  Laughing 

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Fußball wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen Pique win a 1 on 1 in his life against any half-decent striker.

During the early Guardiola era, Pique had C.Ronaldo on his pocket. Pretty certain that he, C.Ronaldo, is more than a decent player..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

@free_cat wrote:Huge games in which Pique has not sucked:

Champions League final 2009

Actually he did suck in that one. Could have easily been sent off within the first 15 minutes for blocking Ronaldo as the last man. Only after Barca's midfield took control of the game he was safe.

@free_cat wrote:like a dozen Barça-Madrid, World cup 2010, Champions League Final 2011, Club world cups/supercups, etc., Eurocup 2012, and this season all the games vs. Atletico, the Barça-Madrid and several games in the CL.

Most of those games had in common that Barca / Spain were completely dominating and the opponent didn't get a sniff at goal. CL final 2011 for example he was in big trouble in the first 10 minutes again before the midfield was settled. He could have scored an own goal in fact. That's what happens when he's under any sort of pressure. He doesn't have a clue how to clear the ball and passes it back towards an outrushing Valdes. lmao

Mascherano actually did better than him in this game. Which again proves my point that you can put pretty much anyone in Barca's backline.

Last season Pique-Puyol conceded more goals against Madrid than the pairing of Adriano-Mascherano did. You can put totally random non-centerbacks in Barca's backline. It doesn't change anything since Pique defends just as badly. Laughing

@harhar11 wrote:

During the early Guardiola era, Pique had C.Ronaldo on his pocket. Pretty certain that he, C.Ronaldo, is more than a decent player..

Once again. This never happened. Barca had Ronaldo in its pocket, not Pique. Pique can't defend.

Last edited by Fußball on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Regardless, if he bosses vs Madrid and Atletico but then flops against Sevilla and Valencia we can't call him elite either (even if segunda player is a ridiculous hyperbole). His inconsistency is an attitude problem and it has been a part of his game for the past 3 years. I wouldn't mind if we got 2 WC Cbs instead of just one this summer.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:I wouldn't mind if we got 2 WC Cbs instead of just one this summer.
And a LB hmm 

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 pm

His lack of awareness for runners despite having so much experience is also baffling. Must be arrogance. He thinks he has mastered the game and doesn't need to improve.

Just ballwatching. Meanwhile Vela walks past him like nothing.

And then we talk about Messi not pressing or physically weak midfield. Laughing Fix the obvious first, fss.

This weakness in defense is unsettling the whole team. Do you know why this team has become so stale with the possession? Because the front 6 can't take risks and play freely anymore as they would like to do. Taking risks = losing the ball. Losing the ball = relying on Pique and Co. to recover the ball. We have to play it safe now. Tikki-Takkanaccio with 5 midfielders and over 1000 shortpasses so we don't put the defense under too much pressure. Disgusting.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:54 pm

That mistake was Valdes fault, had no business coming out and interfering.

Also, your being a bit two faced in your comments.

On one hand, when he does well you say its the team protecting him by controlling the game.

But on the other, when he plays bad he is unsettling the entire team.

Which is it, his performance has an impact on the team or the team has an impact on his performance? It can be both, but not 100% of the time like you seem to be saying.

And of course we talk about Messi not pressing and a weak midfield....those are less obvious things...every knows the last 3 years at least our centerbacks are a problem area.

The overall theme your driving at is true (Pique isnt good enough) but the way you make that point is too much in my opinion.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Also, your being a bit two faced in your comments.

On one hand, when he does well you say its the team protecting him by controlling the game.

But on the other, when he plays bad he is unsettling the entire team.

Which is it, his performance has an impact on the team or the team has an impact on his performance? It can be both, but not 100% of the time like you seem to be saying.

He looks good when the collective (midfield + Messi) is dominating the game. Like many average midtable defenders would. Even Mascherano has games where he doesn't get exposed at all under such circumstances (CL final 2011 being a prime example). However the collective pressing and Xavi's dominance have waned in the past 2 seasons. This exposes the defense for what it really is. In return the midfield has to play it saver and saver to not expose the team's defense. When you can't press like 10/11 anymore the alternative is to have a strong defense. If you don't have a strong defense and every lost ball turns into chaos in Barca's box the team becomes stale with their possession, consciously or unconsciously. What we did against Real Sociedad was Tiki-Takkanaccio. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi, Pedro. Pretty much no verticality and only save short passes. Still managed to let La Real hit the post, gift an almost 1 on 1 which was stopped in the last second by Mascherano and concede.

Hope my point is clearer now. Of course I'm slightly exaggerating as well. Segunda level is not true. But midtable La Liga is probably Pique's level. I don't think Barca would do worse with Fazio and Musacchio at the back instead of Pique and Mascherano. And those aren't even special defenders like T. Silva or Varane.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

I dont disagree with much of that at all, probably none of it.

But I would also say Pique is better than a midtable talent, his ability as a defender is good enough....his consistency, his mental approach to the game and possibly his hunger/desire I would call into question for sure.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Fußball wrote:
@free_cat wrote:Huge games in which Pique has not sucked:

Champions League final 2009

Actually he did suck in that one. Could have easily been sent off within the first 15 minutes for blocking Ronaldo as the last man. Only after Barca's midfield took control of the game he was safe.

I pass to reply your absurd and ridiculous posts, but this blatant lie is going too far.

First, it wasn't even Cristiano who Pique blocked. Cristiano shot a free kick, Valdes made a rebound-save and Piqué blocked a sure goal in the box. It was briliant defending that your stupidity turned in sucking. Pathetic.

Edit: here you can see the play on second 0:37, he blocked Park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPZHVgWixog

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Injured for 2 weeks with a tigh injury.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Good, he's shit.

Sell this guy, he's best days are 3 years in the rear view mirror.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Sell him and Barca will start using Song as a permanent CB.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Sell him and Barca will start using Song as a permanent CB.

Don't be ridiculous. Laughing  Song will remain permanent bench player after today's show. Twisted Evil 

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:56 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Injured for 2 weeks with a tigh injury.

Lol, I hope he wakes up and gets back to his best for real after this.

So in the meantime though, I hope the cover is good enough...
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:24 am

Out for 1 month. We have to rely on only Mascherano and Bartra for the most important part of the season.

Martino: "We do not need a new CB, Puyol will be our new signing" Laughing Crying or Very sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 am

:faceplam:

I guess this is what you get what your niave enough to count as Puyol as an actual option.

Clowns.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Barta is good enough to fill in his shoes though. He can even be better than Piqué if he matures nicely.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Agree but still wish it were mascherano instead.. Pique has turned up in every big game this year.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 pm

@Donuts wrote:Pique has only turned up in big games this year.
Fixed :coffee:

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

danyjr what's up with that club icon? Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Lost a superclásico bet Mad 

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 am

@danyjr wrote:
@Donuts wrote:Pique has only turned up in big games this year.
Fixed :coffee:

Those big games win us trophies. If he had a proper pairing his flaws wouldn't show. He's still a top CB and the serious knee jerk on this thread anytime he has a random bad match he gets completely crapped on when it's happened when allot of times a bullshit midfield pairing is in front of him with the ridiculous Masch next to him. Fact is he is the best we have and would be even better with a better CB next to him.

Some of you Cule's are really annoying tbh

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:28 am

Random bad match? Please, it's been 3 years now he has 5 "random" bad matches for every 3 good ones. And then he just decides to pay attention in important games. You know, in la liga every 3 points count, even against scrubs.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:11 am

So yea, lets sell him and sell Mascherano and replace them with 2 world class players that never make mistakes. Sounds very realistic right?

How about we sell Mascherano and get 2 CB's instead? A world class CB and a solid back up to be back-up along with Bartra?

3 years? yea he was so bad we won the league 2 times in those 3 years. So yes, I know every 3 points count (and this was with Mascherano pairing with him in that time). He isn't as crap as you guys make him out to be. Every player on our team has bad games. It's normal they aren't robots.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:36 am

not saying we should sell him. but he obviously was bad. even masche made him look worse at some point. he isnt getting any younger to always have puyol yelling at him.

And honestly we won the leagues because of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and co. Not because our grreat pique
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next