RealGunner
rwo power
OLpower
Ganso
LeBéninois
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The official " France VS Germany " thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official " France VS Germany " thread

Post by juventus101 Thu 1 Mar - 3:33

Outside of Marco Reus who was trying to impress Lowe, the entire German team looked like they didnt give a shit. Still a good win for France, but it was clear that France wanted the win, while Germany didnt really care about this game at all. Thats usual for Germany though to not care about friendlies much but really step it up when it matters. Remember in 2010, Argentina beat Germany 1-0, and then just a couple months later, with the same teams on the field, Germany spanked them easily. And the only KEY player France was missing was Benzema, but Giroud really stepped it up so he wasnt even missed much. Sagna was not missed cuz with this performance Debuchy wouldve benched him, and Remy is a backup anyways to Benzema most of the time. Yea, Ribery only played half the game, but so did Klose and Muller. And Gomez for the NT is great, but simply not on Kloses level. Germany was also missing Lahm, Mertesacker, and Neuer, who hold that defense together as theyre the most experienced there. And then Schweinsteiger, who is just one of, if not the best midfielder in the world. And then Podolski, who has been on the form of his life and scoring goals for fun for the last 2 seasons. So Germany played basically half their starters, and, while looking like they dont give a shit, still had more chances on goal than an almost full France side. Its a good win by France, but leave it at that.

BTW, both goals came from Aogos flank, where PHILIPP LAHM, the best fullback in the entire world, usually plays.

juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The official " France VS Germany " thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official " France VS Germany " thread

Post by VivaStPauli Thu 1 Mar - 4:04

While you're all right and stuff, let's not forget that France won.

I'm actually not worried.
I was annoyed because I wanted us to win, but we didn't look bad. Both our wingers weren't regular starters, and considering that, they linked up well. We combined pretty well in the final third and had a man through on goal like three or four times before France scored - with a bit of luck we could've already been 2 or 3 goals up by the time France opened the scoring.

France on the other hand played great as well, let's not forget that, while both goals came over Aogos flank and we were arguably missing two of our best players in Piggy and Lahm, France pinned us back in our own half for a couple minutes on more than one occasion, which made them look rather dominant.

Those are goals that probably wouldn't be happening to our 1st XI, but nonetheless, France did very well there, but I'm mostly impressed by their defence, and by Lloris, who I already knew was great.

But even while losing, Germany looked good, we always were a threat, and while our finishing was horrible once again, our attacking plays were pretty good, so I'm confident enough for the Euros.

And I'm really glad that France are looking good again. I've missed them.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu 1 Mar - 4:34

cacau the GOAT :bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu 1 Mar - 5:35

Regardless of Germany's state for the game, I thought it was a very encouraging performance for France. I went into the match concerned about losing Benzema and Remy. Giroud more than made up for their absence. This guy was absolute class up front. He may have just earned himself a spot at the Euros with this performance. With Benzema, Remy and Giroud as options to lead the attack, France will be dangerous.

Debuchy was another pleasant surprise (for me, at least). His play down the right was amazing yesterday. If he can keep that up, he will push Sagna and Reveillere for a place in the Euros squad. M'Vila put in his usually classy performance in the midfield. I was a little disappointed by Cabaye, though. He wasn't bad, but I thought he could have assisted more in the link-up play with Nasri. As it was, Nasri was coming deeper to receive the ball and then pushing forward. This may be a result of only playing one league game since Newcastle's loss to Brighton in the FA Cup. I would expect Cabaye - M'Vila to be the partnership in the middle for France this summer.

Even if Germany stopped caring once France scored, the match had many positive signs that France are going to be competitive in the Euros.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 1 Mar - 5:49

I think with Hugo Lloris in goal, France doesn't have to worry about much. Really great keeper!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 1 Mar - 5:57

France is growing and getting better but if this was knock out match or something that matters Germany would have won.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 1 Mar - 6:09

Well, if it was an important match, Löw would never have chosen Tim Wiese to play. No matter that he wasn't actually bad, he is a bad luck charm for the German NT. Wiese got 6 caps so far, drawing three of them 2:2 and losing the other three 1:2. So the result of the match was pretty much forseeable. Very Happy

If it was me, I'd leave Wiese at home for the Euro and rather pick ter Stegen in stead of him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 2 Mar - 3:26

Guess when was the last time Germany beat France in footy... 1987.

Since then, France has 5 wins and 1 draw against the German NT. 9 GF and 2 GA. Prior to this game, Germany had gone 4 straight games without scoring a goal against France.

None of you were born the last time Germany beat France in footy lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 2 Mar - 4:47

RWO and I were born, little fella. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri 2 Mar - 4:50

me too... Razz

not that I care but just saying
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 2 Mar - 4:52

VivaStPauli wrote:RWO and I were born, little fella. :coffee:
Shhh! I'm timeless! Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 2 Mar - 5:02

I have to admit, it stung a little when he couldn't even conceive of someone being alive already in '87.

I was already walkin' and talkin' by then, dammit.

I'm too old for this shit.

The official " France VS Germany " thread - Page 2 Puns-lethalweapon

Just kidding, I age like good wine.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 2 Mar - 5:06

I'm older than all of you lol. Ok... so there are a few here that fall outside the bell curve. But i would imagine over 95% of the peeps here weren't born in 1987. And of the ones who were, almost all were less than 10 years old.

The only point i was making is that the general opinion is that, if Germany would have taken this game seriously, the score would've been different. I disagree. There are no friendlies when the top nations play... 3 of the France NT guys who played got injured and cannot play this weekend. It was a very physical game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 2 Mar - 6:32

sportsczy wrote:The only point i was making is that the general opinion is that, if Germany would have taken this game seriously, the score would've been different. I disagree. There are no friendlies when the top nations play... 3 of the France NT guys who played got injured and cannot play this weekend. It was a very physical game.
Well, I agree to disagree with you Very Happy Germany has a habit to mess up in friendlies. Heck, we even lost against Australia and drew with the Ukraine pretty recently. Yes, the match was pretty hard (IMO a bit too hard at times - Reus ramming Ribéry was really not necessary, for ex), but still I think that the players would have put an extra quantum energy in it if it had been a knockout or otherwise crucial match.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 2 Mar - 6:36

VivaStPauli wrote:I have to admit, it stung a little when he couldn't even conceive of someone being alive already in '87.

I was already walkin' and talkin' by then, dammit.

I'm too old for this shit.

The official " France VS Germany " thread - Page 2 Puns-lethalweapon

Just kidding, I age like good wine.
I always assumed you were more of a twinkie... ageless and filled with a white creamy substance. What a Face
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri 2 Mar - 6:42

disgusting.... :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 2 Mar - 8:05

I thought Twinkies do, in fact, have an expiry date?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 2 Mar - 8:07

Doc wrote:I thought Twinkies do, in fact, have an expiry date?
It's part of the joke, mate. Multiple levels, in that one.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri 2 Mar - 8:26

No, no. That date isn't a shelf life. It's a half life.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 2 Mar - 8:44

RedOranje wrote:
Doc wrote:I thought Twinkies do, in fact, have an expiry date?
It's part of the joke, mate. Multiple levels, in that one.

I know, just a subtle movie reference. Razz
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 2 Mar - 9:00

Yeah yeah I'm old yeah yeah Zombieland yeah yeah Family Guy - shut the sh*t up and talk about International Football, the greatest kind of football there is!
<3
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 2 Mar - 9:02

Ohh, cranky... I suppose it IS pretty late for someone of your age to be up, isn't it? (Yes, I realise it's like 6pm). Very Happy
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 2 Mar - 9:13

Get off my lawn!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 2 Mar - 9:24

I thought the Dutch was suppose to be the crankiest of the lot? Stereo typically of course...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 3 Mar - 21:56

rwo power wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The only point i was making is that the general opinion is that, if Germany would have taken this game seriously, the score would've been different. I disagree. There are no friendlies when the top nations play... 3 of the France NT guys who played got injured and cannot play this weekend. It was a very physical game.
Well, I agree to disagree with you Very Happy Germany has a habit to mess up in friendlies. Heck, we even lost against Australia and drew with the Ukraine pretty recently. Yes, the match was pretty hard (IMO a bit too hard at times - Reus ramming Ribéry was really not necessary, for ex), but still I think that the players would have put an extra quantum energy in it if it had been a knockout or otherwise crucial match.

I seriously doubt Germany dont take friendlies seriously....they are one of the most consistent performers in friendlies actually.... and the results well u cant expect them to win every game, international matches are difficult, unless ur Spain eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat 3 Mar - 21:58

BarcaLearning wrote:
rwo power wrote:

I seriously doubt Germany dont take friendlies seriously....they are one of the most consistent performers in friendlies actually.... and the results well u cant expect them to win every game, international matches are difficult, unless ur Spain eco smile

Australia :bow: Slightly related fact... Langerak, Dortmund's 2nd choice keeper was on the bench against Germany in that game. He's a good prospect and should probably be 1st choice, although Weidenfeller has been decent and I'm a bit biased. Wink
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next