Thiago Alcantara

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
Better players than Thiago have left the club...Ballack for free, being an obvious one.

dani, there is a big difference between the Bayern of the Ballack days and the Bayern of today. In the Ballack days Bayern was the best team in Bundesliga but not too much more than that. The best of players wanted to leave them and Ballack leaving was not hard to understand. After Ballack left Bayern had a very poor season in 2006-07. That is when were sown the seeds of the Bayern we know today. For that I grudgingly admire their management. They may spend big money when they please and bully other clubs but their single minded determination to keep their own club at the top can't be denied. Its at this time that they showed that it's possible to go from your lowest point to a higher point than one you have reached in a long time. Many clubs would do well to study this period of Bayern's history as it could inspire them. The red letter moment was the signing of Franck Ribery. Getting a player of that kind of promise to join them without even being able to offer UCL football was phenomenal. Then onwards they only went up and up. Soon hardly any player wanted to leave Bayern and they became more and more significant in Europe. The one exception was Ribery who for a long time wanted to leave but his own form went down and he was beset with injuries and personal problems. That's why the likes of Real Madrid withdrew their interest. Today Bayern along with Barca and Madrid are arguably the only three clubs in the world where no key player harbors a desire to leave. Besides they are now the best team in the world. Hence it's difficult to see any player leaving them in the foreseeable future unless he is not wanted there. That said this is how it stands today and tomorrow can be a very different day.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by jibers on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:16 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:
Better players than Thiago have left the club...Ballack for free, being an obvious one.

dani, there is a big difference between the Bayern of the Ballack days and the Bayern of today. In the Ballack days Bayern was the best team in Bundesliga but not too much more than that. The best of players wanted to leave them and Ballack leaving was not hard to understand. After Ballack left Bayern had a very poor season in 2006-07. That is when were sown the seeds of the Bayern we know today. For that I grudgingly admire their management. They may spend big money when they please and bully other clubs but their single minded determination to keep their own club at the top can't be denied. Its at this time that they showed that it's possible to go from your lowest point to a higher point than one you have reached in a long time. Many clubs would do well to study this period of Bayern's history as it could inspire them. The red letter moment was the signing of Franck Ribery. Getting a player of that kind of promise to join them without even being able to offer UCL football was phenomenal. Then onwards they only went up and up. Soon hardly any player wanted to leave Bayern and they became more and more significant in Europe. The one exception was Ribery who for a long time wanted to leave but his own form went down and he was beset with injuries and personal problems. That's why the likes of Real Madrid withdrew their interest. Today Bayern along with Barca and Madrid are arguably the only three clubs in the world where no key player harbors a desire to leave. Besides they are now the best team in the world. Hence it's difficult to see any player leaving them in the foreseeable future unless he is not wanted there. That said this is how it stands today and tomorrow can be a very different day.

Madrid are no better than United or Juventus. Thiago wanted to leave Barcelona, so did Villa. Higuain wants to leave and CR is unhappy. Dortmund are better than Madrid as well :facepalm:

_________________
avatar
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 10079
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Adit on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 am

Higuain wants to leave because... well he is benched lol...CR was unhappy about his contract issue,he never said he wants to leave lol.Infact every week he says he wants retire here.

pls go jibbers. Our next target is De gea.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9163
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Khaled on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 am

Thiago has a contract for 4 seasons with Bayern.
If Bayern doesn't want to sell and Thiago wants to return to Barcelona (maybe with Pep)... He can leave for free in 2017.

_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:40 pm

So as thing stand right now...

Thiago said that he waited for the club to come convince him to stay and we never did. He says United were never in the mix, and that if RM contacted him that's "his business".

Mazinho contradicted his son by claiming that Thiago was very close to United but in the end couldn't come to an agreement.

Zubizarreta claimed that Tito and him expressed to him that they thought he was a valuable player before the U21 and that Thiago "wanted to leave".

Who to trust? hmm

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 22905
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by danyjr on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Doesn't matter, it is obvious that Barcelona didn't do their utmost best to keep him.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4547
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Yeah but there's a difference between "Barca didn't do anything to keep me" and "Barca didn't meet my (possibly economic) demands"

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 22905
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 pm

This thread will be a gold mine to dig quotes from in the coming months.
I'm looking forward to that almost as much as I'm looking forward to finally see Thiago get to play some real games for us.
Schweinsteigers out for the rest of the year, as is Shaquiri, Thiago will hopefully be match fit very soon, and it's about time as we need him right now.
I'm very excited!!


Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23029
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
@neuro11 wrote:I have two words for him :
Bad move
Agree completely. My gut feeling is that Pep at Bayern will not work. He's taking over the best team in the world and trying to change things too soon. [...]
ok I'll start with the quote digging to let you know that Pep now has had the best Bundesliga debut of any new manager ever in Bundesliga history.
It's early of course, and much can happen, but as far as I can tell the players just love him.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23029
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by billy_gr on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 am

Pep is doing great.
This thread should be deleted. Thiago is just not our concern any more
avatar
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:05 pm

why would you want to delete a thread?

if noone is interested in posting in it anymore, it will fade into oblivion by itself.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23029
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by jibers on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 pm

@billy_gr wrote:Pep is doing great.
This thread should be deleted. Thiago is just not our concern any more
Just like the Guardiola and Tito threads eh.

_________________
avatar
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 10079
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by billy_gr on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm

@jibers wrote:
@billy_gr wrote:Pep is doing great.
This thread should be deleted. Thiago is just not our concern any more
Just like the Guardiola and Tito threads eh.
um.... yes.... what's hard to grasp?
I don't see any threads for Rjikard here.
History is history
avatar
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 pm

My personal point of view is that as long as people want to talk about Thiago this thread should be kept up. Otherwise, as noted, it will just die by itself.

However, if the rest of the forum feels differently I'll lock it.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 22905
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by billy_gr on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:30 pm

nah I guess it's just me.
fading out should work out fine.
excuse my bitching
avatar
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by futbol on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:02 pm

"Adopted son" Laughing

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by rwo power on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm

For current discussion you might want to go here: http://www.goallegacy.net/t1156-thiago-alcantara

_________________
avatar
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by CBarca on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Still can't believe we sold him. We're idiots sometimes.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16545
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by futbol on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:05 am

@CBarca wrote:Still can't believe we sold him. We're idiots sometimes.
We didn't put him on sale. He wanted out.

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by CBarca on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:48 am

Would respond but the last however many pages are about the same thing so I would just be repeating what others-including myself- said this summer.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16545
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by windkick on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:24 am

@futbol wrote:
@CBarca wrote:Still can't believe we sold him. We're idiots sometimes.
We didn't put him on sale. He wanted out.
So. He was still on contract with us. Surely there must of been something we could of done to keep him.

Turning around and selling a team that just humiliated the living shit out of us, and now with our last manager who had a feud at the time with our current manager at the time Tito and our president....our best young top prospect who had just scored a hat trick with the Spanish U21 team final....is just *bleep* idiotic on so many levels.

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by Donuts on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 am

He was going to leave unless we sold Cesc to be honest and maybe then he would of still left, we could of thrown a mountain of money at him but wouldn't that be giving the wrong impression to the rest of the team?
Pep Guardiola has a strong hold on our players.. Especially our young guys.

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/i6BMgLU.gif
avatar
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by CBarca on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:34 am

Andd so it begins again...

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16545
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by futbol on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:57 am

@windkick wrote:
@futbol wrote:
@CBarca wrote:Still can't believe we sold him. We're idiots sometimes.
We didn't put him on sale. He wanted out.
So. He was still on contract with us. Surely there must of been something we could of done to keep him.

Turning around and selling a team that just humiliated the living shit out of us, and now with our last manager who had a feud at the time with our current manager at the time Tito and our president....our best young top prospect who had just scored a hat trick with the Spanish U21 team final....is just *bleep* idiotic on so many levels.
He had a buyout clause once he didn't play a certain amount of minutes. Which he couldn't because, like at this very moment at Bayern, he had been injured almost the entire first half of the season.

Absolutely nothing you can do. Except maybe blame the club for negotiating such a contract in the first place but then again this already happened under PEP and with PEP'S BROTHER as Thiago's agent involved. They might have even pre planned this scenario. After all Pep whored himself to Bayern in 2011 already. And once Thiago says "I won't sign a contract without such a clause" there is nothing you can do about it.

Blame Tito for not playing him enough? Tito did a lot of weird things but not forcing a youngstar who missed 6 months of football due to injury into the team in the crucial part of the season wasn't one of those things. And even IF Tito possibly underplayed him, you don't expect a player, even less so a homegrown player, to leave at the very first hurdle. It's not like he was getting Bojan or JDS treatment anyway. He had over 100 caps in 2 seasons.

No, the player himself made his decision. And frankly - it's not as if we are missing him. So good luck to him somewhere else. After all he started his Barcelona first team career with the words: "I want to be successful in football, not in Barcelona." His intentions were clear since day 1.

_________________
"The shape looks good."


futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 10369
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by free_cat on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 am

Off course there are things you can do: you can play him the amount of minutes needed to have his 90 million clause. But rosell didn't inform the coaches either because he is an incompetent or because he wanted to sell Thiago.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Thiago Alcantara

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:33 am

You're better without the defensively inept Thiago anyway.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 15232
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum