When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

+55
RedOranje
Cyborg
DeletedUser#1
REWB
Gil
Adit
King Meyy
Kick
Error
chad4401
RealGunner
Doc
stront96
sportsczy
Goal Digger
hrealmadrid
raulmadrid4vr
buddytaller
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
rwo power
Future
FennecFox7
Xifio
Real Kandahar
LuckAndWin
McAgger
Freeza
Nedved
Valkyrja
guest7
Lupi
StevieRayVaughan
Jack Daniels
StrugaRock
VanDeezNuts
the xcx
DeviAngel
Art Morte
halamadrid2
Mamad
LeVersacci
SuperMAG
Pedram
teamanarchy
punkfusion1992
S32TABLANCA
The Madrid One
stunt
Babun
Yuri Yukuv
Die Borussen
Senor Penguin
Onyx
59 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 11 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by Cyborg Tue May 14, 2013 2:30 am

Zealous wrote:I'd rather have Mancini than Benitez btw.

what a decision it would be if it came down to these two!!

i'd just take a gamble on laudrup or zidane if he has his credentials

Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with? - Page 11 Empty Re: When Mourinho leaves who should we replace him with?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 14, 2013 2:45 am

Zealous wrote:I'd rather have Mancini than Benitez btw.

living in Manchester has truly infected you Proud

Benitez is more hated than Saddam in Manchester to be fair. I was there for a few days last year and the hostility people of that city have for Liverpool and anything associated with them is just immense.

My friend refused to stay at Anfield with me and take pictures because "he hates the filth and doesn't want to get infected". Had to ask a Uruguayan tourist to take my pics with TIA sign and CL trophy :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 am

Probably something in the water eco smile

Spoiler:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 am

Chelsea weren't in 2nd when Rafa took over. They were 3rd, and only 1 point ahead of West Brom in 4th.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 14, 2013 4:08 am

RedOranje wrote:Chelsea weren't in 2nd when Rafa took over. They were 3rd, and only 1 point ahead of West Brom in 4th.

They were actually 4th behind both Manchesters and WBA I believe. On a 6 game non-winning run, and having been humiliated in the CL with their star AMs running out of gas due to lack of rotation.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am

Real Madrid is not going to experiment with Benitez, he's failed too many times to be gambled on in my opinion. On top of that, his man management in poor, his tactics are poor, his rotation policy leaves most of his players disenchanted and his transfer record is average at best.

He won the Champions league and the FA cup in his first two years at Liverpool, then went on to win nothing in his next 4 years despite having a squad comparable to anyone else in the league. He then went on to fail epically at Inter and was sacked in 6 months.

He's done nothing spectacular at Chelsea, the current Chelsea squad has some of the best if not the best players in the premier league, he took over when they were just 4 points behind United, now they're 16 points behind them. Got knocked out of the Club World Cup, Capital One Cup and the FA Cup, to his credit he got them to the Europa league final but if you think this is a success, I want some of what you're smoking.

There are better managers around, frankly I'd rather see Mancini coach Real than Benitez.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 14, 2013 10:30 am

Rafa managed his squad well given the insane number of games they had to play... that's where Di Matteo was failing massively. You can't be in 4 tournaments + CWC and play a starting XI 95% of the time. It's impossible.

They're ending up top 3 with Torres as the CF most of the year lol. They also have perma-injured Terry and Luiz as a CB. Cahill is nothing special either. You also cannot play Oscar-Mata-Hazard in big games because of defensive issues. So you're left with a midfield of Ramirez and Lampard at key times...

Very flawed squad. He took over in the season. The fans hated him since day 1. Frankly, he's done better than most could have. Not very good... but still decent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Hazard and Oscar are both very good defensively. It's Mata that's a liability on the defensive end mate. Shocking post, really.. Moses has been a good signing. He hasn't used Marin at all.

Luiz is one of the best defenders in the League, Cahill and Ivanovic are both very good squad players. While Terry was dropped whenever he was fit.

Ramires is a WC player and Lampard has scored 15 goals in the League this year. Mikel was a mainstay in the double winning squad the previous year.

Torres has a 1/2 record since he's been appointed and he was given Ba in January.

Poor Rafa lol, he's been shafted settling for Brazil's, Belgium's and Spain's #10's.

Wenger, AVB and Rodgers would trade squads in an instant. Tired of the excuses people make for him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 pm

"Luiz is one of the best defenders in the league" :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Luiz: i can score goals so im one of the best defenders in like eva
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

He's such a good defender that Rafa was forced to make him a midfielder instead...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Ramires is WC
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Ramires is WC
sure he is lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Luiz is a great footballer. I'd imagine many teams would love to have him because he brings so much to the table.

Put him next to an enforcer CB who is on the same wavelength and he'll flourish.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Oh please. Luiz makes Pepe look like a tactical genius on defense ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh please. Luiz makes Pepe look like a tactical genius on defense ffs.

Maybe but at least Luiz can pick a pass and dictate play extremely well for a CB.

Like I said put him next to an enforcer that'll cover his weaknesses and he'd flourish.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm

He cant defend, individually he is pretty good physically and great on the ball but positioning and reading the game ,he is almost terrible there.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Hazard and Oscar are good defensively? Really? I watch Chelsea this season (like honestly watch them, even in Europa) and I never found that to be the case. They do, however, understand the need to try to track back to help cover the midfield.

But I would rather Mancini than Rafa. Anyone but Rafa honestly. His so called tactical mind doesn't make up for lack of all sorts of social skills (supposedly).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Seems like past reputations will forever mar Luiz's ability. How anyone can think he's a poor defender is beyond me. Proof you don't watch Chelsea that often lol.

There's no problem with his general defending its his concentration that was shocking and he's improved a lot in that side of his game ever since RDM was appointed. People act like he gets nutmegged 5 times a game and concedes penalties every 45 minutes lol. Hopefully a couple more of years of consistency will betterhis reputation as it did for Rio Ferdinand.

As for the midfield comment, he was moved there because Romeu got injured and there were no other alternatives to use there and well....because he's just that damn good. When Mikel, Lampard and Ramires are all fit he's first choice in defense.

Ramires' physical ability and ability to come up with clutch goals is unmatched by any B2B midfielder. That's why he's WC very few can do his job.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Doc wrote:Hazard and Oscar are good defensively? Really? I watch Chelsea this season (like honestly watch them, even in Europa) and I never found that to be the case. They do, however, understand the need to try to track back to help cover the midfield.

Seems like everyone has forgotten when Oscar was given a task of marking our opponents best midfielder out of the game early in the season.

Arteta, Pirlo, Carrick and Dembele were all victims of his before he was pigeonholed out wide when Rafa was appointed.

Hazard wasn't tracking back until we got battered by Shaktar he's worryingly been the one making several last man tackles to bail us out on many occasions since then. He's very good at pestering the ball carrier and has the strength to win the ball back when he goes into a challenge.

Mata is a lost cause unfortunately. Sad
Adit wrote:He cant defend, individually he is pretty good physically and great on the ball but positioning and reading the game ,he is almost terrible there.

Such a generic quote lol. And you berate me when I call out Ramos.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Stop telling us that Ramires is world class, it's ridiculous lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 14, 2013 6:48 pm

I like Ramires honestly. As he gets older, he'll understand his position more. For now, he is a solid footballer. Not world class but he is dependable for Chelsea.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Gil is right (like usual tbh :bow:), Oscar is great defensively, just watch Juve vs Chelsea and see how Oscar marked Pirlo out of the game.

Ramires still ain't WC tho lol
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I think Ramires is great tbh. Hustles and hustles and is great with presence in the opposition box. If only he was better tactically I wouldn't see anybody better at doing the b2b job than him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

ramires is one of the most if not the most underrated player out of the top teams. hes like khedira but twice as quick, better passing, and an ability to score.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:ramires is one of the most if not the most underrated player out of the top teams. hes like khedira but twice as quick, better passing, and an ability to score.

Too bad he doesn't have Khedira's brain.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next