che
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The new Ipad - Page 2 Empty Re: The new Ipad

Post by Spooony Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:49 pm

What happen to phones getting smaller and not walking around with bricks? Have not seen a phone with a decent camera yet. Do what they will or want but compare it to a Canon EOS camera and the phone camera at 1080p the pixels are as big as Golf balls on the 1000USD Smuckphone.

Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:50 pm

dmize wrote:TBF, making the display Retina is pretty huge in itself. Besides change the look of the device, what more could they have really done? Quad core? Okay, but in iOS how much is that really going to boost performance? Most apps can't even utilize quad core at this point anyway. 128GB capacity? That'd be nice, sure. I can't really think of much else. They doubled the RAM to 1GB, added a Quad Core GPU that outperforms the Tegra3, added retina display with a resolution that's higher than 95% of HDTV's(watch a movie side by side iPad 2 and 3 and you wouldn't be able to go back to the 2's screen), added 4G LTE and improved the camera as well. Just my opinion but I think it's more of a significant improvement than 1 to 2.
A quad core GPU or CPU?
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Spooony wrote:What happen to phones getting smaller and not walking around with bricks? Have not seen a phone with a decent camera yet. Do what they will or want but compare it to a Canon EOS camera and the phone camera at 1080p the pixels are as big as Golf balls on the 1000USD Smuckphone.

You'll never get the same quality from a DSLR in a cell phone.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Spooony wrote:
dmize wrote:TBF, making the display Retina is pretty huge in itself. Besides change the look of the device, what more could they have really done? Quad core? Okay, but in iOS how much is that really going to boost performance? Most apps can't even utilize quad core at this point anyway. 128GB capacity? That'd be nice, sure. I can't really think of much else. They doubled the RAM to 1GB, added a Quad Core GPU that outperforms the Tegra3, added retina display with a resolution that's higher than 95% of HDTV's(watch a movie side by side iPad 2 and 3 and you wouldn't be able to go back to the 2's screen), added 4G LTE and improved the camera as well. Just my opinion but I think it's more of a significant improvement than 1 to 2.
A quad core GPU or CPU?

The new iPad has a quadcore GPU. However a lot of people wanted a quad core processor, myself included. It would've been nice, but I don't think its necessary. The retina display is a better upgrade.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:14 am

this reminds me if the ipod, which is an overpriced mp3 player, the ipod nano, which is a smaller overpriced mp3 player, and the ipad which is a stretched version of the iphone.

people need to start taking better care of their money
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:10 am

Even if iPad is a stretched version of the iPhone, you are overlooking what the iPad can offer which the iPhone can't.

The iPad is a much better device for web browsing than iPhone and with the addition of a few new official Apple apps, iPhone simply can't compete in terms of functionality and user experience.

I have not even mentioned tech specs.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:32 am

What people are forgetting here is that tablets are just a luxury item. They were never intended to replace laptops, although there are people who use them instead of laptops as the tablet and their needs allow them to do so.

With that said, the iPad probably offers the best user experience available on tablets. (And that's coming from a guy who hates Apple and has never bought anything with the Apple name on it)

We have two iPads in my household and what has become apparent after a year's use is that while there are millions of apps available, the iPad does have its shortcomings. For people who do serious web browsing, be it news, videos or even watching games, the iPad is not for you. My aunt, uncle and cousin with whom I currently live are all Apple heads and I've lost count of the number of times they've been frustrated because certain websites won't display properly due to the lack of flash or some other thing.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 am

That's very true pool. Tablets still can't replace laptops.

Although, I still prefer using tablet for reading pdf files and replying emails.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:44 pm

we were actually discussing tablets in a marketing class and to my surprise i was the only one who considered tablets to be laptops, downgraded laptops that is. I remember asking during the discussion what can you do on a tablet that you cant do on a laptop and one person put it in a way that most tablet users would agree with, it's just cool to have and easier to carry around
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 pm

zizzle wrote:we were actually discussing tablets in a marketing class and to my surprise i was the only one who considered tablets to be laptops, downgraded laptops that is. I remember asking during the discussion what can you do on a tablet that you cant do on a laptop and one person put it in a way that most tablet users would agree with, it's just cool to have and easier to carry around

That's the thing though. They were never meant to replace laptops. It filled the gap between laptops and smartphones. One of the biggest things a tablet offers that a laptop doesn't is the battery life. I run my tablet for about 3 days with basic use; i.e browsing, watching a movie or two on netflix, etc.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 am

it's a matter of perspective then. the battery life is great but when was the last time you couldnt find a plug for your laptop ? not saying pads are useless but as it stands i have no use of one
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm

It's just easier to use a tablet. If I'm on my couch or something it's easier to just turn on my iPad, as opposed to opening up my laptop, booting it up. And the battery on the new iPad is ridiculous(70% bigger than the 2), had mine last 5 days with a couple hours of use each day.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:23 pm

zizzle wrote:it's a matter of perspective then. the battery life is great but when was the last time you couldnt find a plug for your laptop ? not saying pads are useless but as it stands i have no use of one

Exactly. It's a luxury item. It was never meant to replace anything. That's where people misunderstand its use. They make comparisons to a laptop and that's as bad as comparing laptops to smart phones.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 am

dmize wrote:It's just easier to use a tablet. If I'm on my couch or something it's easier to just turn on my iPad, as opposed to opening up my laptop, booting it up. And the battery on the new iPad is ridiculous(70% bigger than the 2), had mine last 5 days with a couple hours of use each day.
A lot of that power gets eaten by the extra pixels :L.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:19 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
dmize wrote:It's just easier to use a tablet. If I'm on my couch or something it's easier to just turn on my iPad, as opposed to opening up my laptop, booting it up. And the battery on the new iPad is ridiculous(70% bigger than the 2), had mine last 5 days with a couple hours of use each day.
A lot of that power gets eaten by the extra pixels :L.

Yup, it's a 70% bigger battery but you end up with around the same battery life(as the 2) anyway I hear.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 am

So what do you think guys, Stick with Ipad 2 or go for Ipad 3?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Mother bought one, I feel deceived :vagi:.

If you never see an iPad 3, you won't notice any difference, and you're saving on the dollars (:
Although you'll feel guilty :L.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:06 am

^ Agreed. As long as you don't see an iPad 3 side by side, you'll be happy with the 2.

But Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy on the retina display The new Ipad - Page 2 Drool

Too bad there's only a few games that utilize the retina display right now in the app store(SkyGamblers, Infinity Blade2, Real Racing).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:16 am

Read that it have lower battery life than ipad 2
LeVersacci
LeVersacci