lenear1030
Zealous
Mr Nick09
52 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Coutinho - Page 7 Empty Re: Coutinho

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:07 am

Dunga has always been like this. He goes into tournaments relying on luck and heart. Meh.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:31 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think it is silly to blame any player when team set up was horrible really ! Against Paraguay, I would have used Firmino little deeper , because they needed a player like him who puts a foot in, when needed...i dont know what was the teams plan in this tournament, everyone looked clueless !

Thats the issue right there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Someone will have to explain to me how Coutinho was considered 'poor' or just 'ok' for Brazil. He looked like the only player actually trying to win the game to me...and he was playing injured. Too bad he couldn't play every position on the field that team was just poor. Not to mention as others have talked about in the Copa it's just such a different style to regular football with so much fouling, holding and physicality that is let go. The thing is Coutinho is more like Iniesta than any other player he controls tempo, has great dribbling and the ability to make really nice passes and runs but is not necessarily the most prolific player on the pitch. He works best in a deeper role where he can bring the ball forward and create opportunities through link-up or opening space with his dribbling.

He is also only just turned 23 and still developing...his shot has come a long way.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:06 pm

El Cujo wrote:

Someone will have to explain to me how Coutinho was considered 'poor' or just 'ok' for Brazil. He looked like the only player actually trying to win the game to me...and he was playing injured. Too bad he couldn't play every position on the field that team was just poor. Not to mention as others have talked about in the Copa it's just such a different style to regular football with so much fouling, holding and physicality that is let go. The thing is Coutinho is more like Iniesta than any other player he controls tempo, has great dribbling and the ability to make really nice passes and runs but is not necessarily the most prolific player on the pitch. He works best in a deeper role where he can bring the ball forward and create opportunities through link-up or opening space with his dribbling.

He is also only just turned 23 and still developing...his shot has come a long way.
you should not take GL seriously after international and CL games brah. so damn obvious cou was our best player
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:37 pm

I would really like to see Brazil set up a little differently. Maybe have a more forward thinking coach. They have some really nice players but seems like no chemistry and some very weird team choices time and time again.

At least at the front why not set up like so:

Firmino - Oscar - Coutinho
Neymar

There would be a lot of room for fluidity and all three of Firmino, Oscar and Coutinho press hard and have high energy, interplay and ball skills. Oh well.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:05 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:54 am

Lost my shit at "bid more than two cases of Estrella and a pocket of Monster Munch".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Rare case where the word "fraud" truly applies
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Glad you see that Coutinho is an overrated one trick pony. Did not even blink when he left for Barcelona especially with the money those fruity melodramatic Catalans paid for him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next