Higuain will leave if he doesn't play

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Higuain will leave if he doesn't play - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain will leave if he doesn't play

Post by Le Samourai on Tue May 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Benzema was playing well before Higuain was injured.

Also Hamstring injuries are no joke.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Higuain will leave if he doesn't play - Page 2 Empty Re: Higuain will leave if he doesn't play

Post by Senor Penguin on Tue May 01, 2012 2:12 pm

ColoJunior wrote:I understand that Higuian needs first team football. But leaving this club just because Benzema has been doing better than him and sat his ass on the bench?

I understand things weren't "cool" for Benzema, but I meant in the sense that Higuian was just dandy knocking in goals the first season with Pelle then again with Mourinho.

Rumors were everywhere about Benzema. And like you said Benzema went to Mou and said he wanted to play. What do you think Mou said? "Yeah sure go right ahead?". No. Odds are he told him to pick up his game and demonstrate he deserves it.

And Higuian just focused on his game and continued doing his job up an till he picked up a few knocks and was out for quite some time.

We can speculate all we what about what could have been. But that's irrelevant. It's as if you all just want Higuian to leave and replace him with just about anybody.
This comparison just doesn't work. Benzema wasn't just on the bench because Higuain was outperforming him. Benzema was dreadful for a good year and a half. For someone who was brought here for, IIRC, 40 million Euros, he sure didn't play like it.

Higuain, on the other hand, has contributed massively to the club. Scoring league-winning goals, being amongst the most clinical players in the world at a tender age and benching superstars not only at Madrid but with the NT too. He's still on a humble paycheck considering his contributions and quality.

Granted that Benz has since then turned things around and fits nicely in Mourinho's concept. What annoys me is that Higuain never gets to play with Benz. Instead Mourinho likes to rely on Kaka, who has (I'm sorry to say this fangirls) yet to make a proper contribution to this club. How is it fair that someone like Higuain, at that age with such an enormous amount of talent, has to be left out because of a deadbeat like Kaka? It's a joke.

Higuain will simply never develop as a player if he doesn't get more playing time and due to his massive talent it would be best for him if he left (unless Mou promises him things will change, of course).

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv on Tue May 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Who should we get to warm the bench in place of higgy?

I say Falcao if we can get him

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Tue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Would be sad to see him go, but that would just confirm that Benzema 'won the battle' so its whatever.. If Benzema is the better player, he should be the #1 choice

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous on Tue May 01, 2012 3:31 pm

The only "battle" before Pipa's injury was Benzema and obesity.

Anyway if we sell Pipa and Kaka then we will sign a super star striker like Tevez or Ibra and Benzema will be on the bench again.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Tue May 01, 2012 3:34 pm

@Yuri Yukuv wrote:Who should we get to warm the bench in place of higgy?

I say Falcao if we can get him

Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Tue May 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Lol.

Neither Ibra nor Tevez will bench him.

Ibra isn't passive enough to play with Ronaldo and he's just plain better than Tevez.

On another note.

He is a superstar.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 pm

I don't think we will go after a superstar if higgy leaves.

Maybe, someone like Soldado?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Tue May 01, 2012 3:47 pm

@Zealous wrote:The only "battle" before Pipa's injury was Benzema and obesity.

Anyway if we sell Pipa and Kaka then we will sign a super star striker like Tevez or Ibra and Benzema will be on the bench again.

lol.. Benzema dealt with his problems and is now on top.. Let's see if Higgy can do the same

Plus he is already a superstar, no need for Ibra.. Or Tevez Laughing

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue May 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Can't we just rotate them like we were doing at the beginning of the season, with a preference for Benzema in the big games? If done well, they could both get 30 starts a year (if CR was included in the rotation, which might not be smart).

Higuain will leave if he doesn't play - Page 2 Tumblr_m4prdaDM0W1qb2udno1_250

VIVA MALTA
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Tue May 01, 2012 3:50 pm

@S32TABLANCA wrote:Can't we just rotate them like we were doing at the beginning of the season, with a preference for Benzema in the big games? If done well, they could both get 30 starts a year (if CR was included in the rotation, ).

:bow:

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Higuain doesnt have a problem, Mourinho has made a choice, and benzema is a better "fit", not to mention that Benzema appeased his mind in big games. That won change. If Higuain stays, he will still be second fiddle unless Benzema cant score.

@ what makes you think that both want to be rotated everyweek. I said it before, you cant keep both. both want to play all games, both want to play big games. Elite strikers are selfish and ambituous, and if both have the same age, you have to chose one and let the other go.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James on Tue May 01, 2012 3:53 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Higuain doesnt have a problem, Mourinho has made a choice, and benzema is a better "fit", not to mention that Benzema appeased his mind in big games. That won change. If Higuain stays, he will still be second fiddle unless Benzema cant score.

@ what makes you think that both want to be rotated everyweek. I said it before, you cant keep both. both want to play all games, both want to play big games. Elite strikers are selfish and ambituous, and if both have the same age, you have to chose one and let the other go.

/thread

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Tue May 01, 2012 3:55 pm

You claim to want the fat Spanish waiter........well he would rotate the shit out of this squad.

He would find minutes and even minutes in big games for everyone.

Personally I don't mind Benzema coming off the bench in a couple big games...he can have as much impact off the bench in 30 minutes as he can in 60 as a starter.

No shame in being the supersub.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman on Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 pm

come at us (i)bra
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue May 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Nothing to do with what i want, Mourinho is still the coach, and we know what he is like.

Mourinho finds a set of players that he deems reliable, and when the big games arrive, he forgets about the rest. maybe Higgy's meeting with PSG screwed his chances late this year, but it wont be much different next season.

Mourinho is a creature of habits, when he puts you in a box, you need a miracle to get out of it.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:

50+ games in a season. We can play Benguain at times (without CR) and even all three. Injuries and form happens. It doesnt have to be every week like we were doing before, because Benzema now obviously has the lead, but I believe that both can get around 30 starts a year. Probably Benzema will have more, but theres no telling that Higuain might not improve too.

Both love Madrid, if Mou wants to do it we can keep both. Im sure both of them will settle for 30 starts a year in a club like ours. 30 starts is what a top class striker would get on his own in a smalled club with injuries, tiredness, etc.

VIVA MALTA
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG on Tue May 01, 2012 4:32 pm

we have 2 great backup squad type strikers in negredo and soldado, while there is upcoming morata and josulu.

But i think we wont sign any striker. we will keep morata/josulu as 3rd backup.

I think mou will find a way to work with Benzema and Ronaldo as main strikers, Transitioning ronaldo to CF role slowly. This will work if we have another great winger like neymar.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue May 01, 2012 4:34 pm

forget about Neymar, barca have already started paying for him.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman on Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 pm

benzero is a better duo than benguian imo.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 pm

@huntsman wrote:benzero is a better duo than benguian imo.

What's benzero supposed to be?

VIVA MALTA
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Tue May 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Aguero? hmm Razz
Onyx
Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen on Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 pm

aguema sounds better imo

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr on Wed May 02, 2012 3:34 am

higuain is the best center forward in the world yet he is being benched because mourinho is a coward and prefers to use benzema because he fits his coward style better. perez is a fool for wasting money on benzema in the first place when we had negredo. higuain has the best minute/goal ratio in all of europe (maybe gomez has a better one i am not sure) yet he has to be benched. he has outscored benzema while playing less minutes. as much as i like higuain if this is the case next season for his own sake i would support him to move to another club. he would fit nicely in italy. juve or inter or roma. he will be top scorer in any league except la liga (due to messi and cristianos free kicks and penalties). at the same time i want benzema to stay because he is one of the best midfielders in the world. we need to sell cristiano and put benzema in his position and play higuain up front.

Last edited by raulmadrid4vr on Wed May 02, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 am

Higuain is not fighting Benzema for anything.

Benzema is a different player who does a completely different job and would be just as comfortable if you put him on the right or the left.

The person playing Higuain's role half the time is the superstar to the left.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Can't keep both? Now that's a concern going into our 4th season with both of them in our squad?

Makes no sense.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next