Sushi Master
rwo power
VivaStPauli
93 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ze German Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Ze German Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am

We also still got the excellent Ginter, who is very mobile and disciplined.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 am

I just can't stand the sight of Löw anymore. really getting on my nerve the guy. since forever.
And to think Bierhoff is also around there somewhere still No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 am

I don't understand J-Low's team selections... absolutely baffling.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:24 am

When the lineup was shown before the match, my mates and me pretty much agreed in unison that Löw should've changed the lineup against Ghana:

They're very physical, so you need actual width to stretch them, hence convert back to 4-2-3-1, with Podolski and Müller backing up the fullbacks, who should've been actual fullbacks, like Lahm and Großkreutz/Durm (yeah I know Großkreutz isn't technically a fullback), and Klose or Schürrle, maybe even Podolski up front, someone more physical, who's able to outmuscle a bulky defender.

In the end, though, individual mistakes cost us more than tactics, Höwedes' flank was leaky throughout, Lahm had one of his worst games ever, and Mustafi could not, at all, replace Boateng.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:31 am

Lahm should be played at fullback. Khedira-Kroos-Lahm is ridiculous. And then you add the front line with no CF.

J-Low is trying too much to be like Pep when Pep's tactics were exposed for the world to see by Madrid. What's worse, Barca and Spain NT's tactics have been exposed too.

No reason for Germany to try so many gimmicks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:39 am

VivaStPauli wrote:When the lineup was shown before the match, my mates and me pretty much agreed in unison that Löw should've changed the lineup against Ghana:

They're very physical, so you need actual width to stretch them, hence convert back to 4-2-3-1, with Podolski and Müller backing up the fullbacks, who should've been actual fullbacks, like Lahm and Großkreutz/Durm (yeah I know Großkreutz isn't technically a fullback), and Klose or Schürrle, maybe even Podolski up front, someone more physical, who's able to outmuscle a bulky defender.

In the end, though, individual mistakes cost us more than tactics, Höwedes' flank was leaky throughout, Lahm had one of his worst games ever, and Mustafi could not, at all, replace Boateng.

Absolutely spot on.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:When the lineup was shown before the match, my mates and me pretty much agreed in unison that Löw should've changed the lineup against Ghana:

Absolutely spot on.

Word. Absolutely lost it when I saw the line.

I hope the world stops sucking up to Pep Guardiola.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:16 pm

I agree that Lahm was poor as a DM but who should play there instead? We know Schweinsteiger struggles when he plays as the deepest midfielder and Khedira isn't a defensive midfielder either. If we had Manni then yeah sure but he was not called up for some reason. Lahm seems like the best option.

I didn't like Khedira either last night so we have a real problem in midfield if Lahm/Khedira don't step up their game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Lahm as DM Bayern-esque Laughing
I rate the Germany as the favorite for this WC but surely Low will try to bottle also this year Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:31 pm

So it looks like almost all the midfield combinations arent working. Only thing left to try is probably Bastian-Khedira-Kroos.

Playing two defensive fullbacks was a mistake. Mustafi even though sucked defensively made some good overlapping runs which gave Ghana some trouble. Khedira was good in defensive positioning yet he destructed Germany's offensive game. He got into good position to receive the ball but ultimately his technique was too poor to contribute anything offensively.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote: (...) and Klose or Schürrle, maybe even Podolski up front, someone more physical, who's able to outmuscle a bulky defender.

I was stunned (not to say speechless/shocked) when I saw the line-up...
Okay.. I am not Bundestrainer and I probably have no clue - yet - common sense suggests what you just stated...

imo

I felt strangely idifferent during the entire first half...

very happy for Klose though - I really wish for him to end his career on a high note!

hope Jogi got the memo now!
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Looks like Khedira got injured aswell since he did not train with the rest of the team. Both him and Boateng could miss the game against USA.

I don't think Löw will make too many changes, Basti in Khedira's place, Schürrle in Götze's place, maybe Höwedes RB and Durm LB.

Neuer
Höwedes Mertesacker Hummels Durm
Lahm
Schweinsteiger Kroos
Müller Özil Schürrle
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote: If we had Manni then yeah sure but he was not called up for some reason.
He still struggled with a niggling injury.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Boateng and Khedira are fit to play, and Löw said already he'll play Lahm in defensive midfield again. I can't really type that sentence without emitting a very, very audible sigh.

Luckily the USA aren't Ghana, are exhausted as balls, and had a day less to rest, but Löw needs to stop this crap.
Admittedly, against the US, the four CBs might actually work, we don't really need to provide width from fullbacks against them.

But we need to be solid in the middle of the park, and Lahm has been okay'ish against Portugal and abysmal against Ghana, while I've never seen a bad match at RB from him.

Frankly, my main concern at the moment is that I want Löw to reintroduce Schweinsteiger. The man should be our captain anyway, he's utterly German. Never admits defeat, has a juicy past of hideous styles as a young player, is f*ck ugly, and not afraid to knee someone in the balls if that's what it takes.

Schweinsteiger's introduction against Ghana immediately gave our midfield the solidity it was so sorely missing before, and his passing vision gave us the width we lacked. Let him and Kroos alternate in the deep playmaking, maybe even keep the 4-3-3 with the three mobile attackers against the USA, who will be unable to defend against them.

But we need a solid midfield. Make it happen Löw.
Yeah, I know, he won't.
Löw and Guardiola are utter clowns, and I'm annoyed by their selfish need to heighten their importance by abandoning working tactical concepts.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:52 pm

viva, I second everything in that post, but please never use Pep and Löw in the same breath again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:15 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:viva, I second everything in that post, but please never use Pep and Löw in the same breath again.

This, though I also object to calling Schweinsteiger ugly, the man is mint.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:15 pm

I actually like Löw. More than Pep. Or to rephrase, I have more reasons to hate Pep. That it makes Löw tolerable.

(Had to break them sentences into four, to avoid putting both names in the same sentence/breath Razz )

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Low is an idiot. 4 CB's, 3 Slow Holding Mid-fielders, 2 CAM at the wings one of which is Ozil.

Pep is nowhere this idiotic. Pep is a visionary and a fantastic coach. Problem is his over-obsession with Possession and his philosophy and tactics. Sometimes he has to adjust to the players, the opposition and be realistic.

Low is a downright idiot and Germany, although having the best team in the world, has no chance of winning the WC till this idiot is the coach

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I think we will see the same MF trio...if Löw wants a change, max he will go for Schweini instead of Khedira.
Löw "If Lahm plays, he will as a DM otherwise he wont play". Löw wont change much unless he find a tactical reason to chnage it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Footyfan wrote:Low is an idiot. 4 CB's, 3 Slow Holding Mid-fielders, 2 CAM at the wings one of which is Ozil.

Here, I agree.

Footyfan wrote:Pep is nowhere this idiotic. Pep is a visionary and a fantastic coach. Problem is his over-obsession with Possession and his philosophy and tactics. Sometimes he has to adjust to the players, the opposition and be realistic.

Ok, this is where I have serious doubts about how serious you are in your post. I completely disagree.

I have my reasons to think this guy is overrated, and I do not wish to be drawn into an argument on this. It is like the 'Messi is the best player the world has ever seen' wankfest, just too many people who blindly overrate Guardiola and there can never possibly be an objective assessment of what he has accomplished and the means and collateral damages that have supported//accompanied that success. I really don't want to get into that over text exchanges on GL.

Footyfan wrote:
Low is a downright idiot and Germany, although having the best team in the world, has no chance of winning the WC till this idiot is the coach

Although I don't say we have the best team in the world right now, we have a team which is good enough to challenge. Without some of them injuries, we could be really really top dogs in the tournament - esp. Reus.

I expect a typical brilliant performance till the QF or the SF (and that's stretching it already) before we bow out of the tornament. (Atleast we didn't get mauled like Spain, so that's some solace there already Very Happy )

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Ze German Thread - Page 22 Empty Let's all laugh at: Germany

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:50 am

Let's all laugh at: Germany

http://giant.gfycat.com/SickDimGreatargus.gif
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:54 am

muller embarassed the entire germanic population :facepalm:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:56 am

[Links to videos of Germany beating Argentina removed]

BC, pls. :coffee:

fss, what is this. power abuse. Sad

Last edited by Fußball on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:57 am

Having said that. That freekick. :facepalm:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 am

They were awful and the fk was just a facepalm but as long as they progress I find it hard to laugh at them.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 am

Especially since this was the third straight time at this WC they did this ridiculous freekick routine with 3-4 players running past the ball as if you had just won Solitaire and the cards fly around.
Serves them right they'd slip into slapstick for doing that nonsense over and over again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next