'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread

3 posters

Go down

'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread Empty 'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:43 am

'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread 760877-brett-holman

Just put in a man of the match performance against Valencia, scoring the first and setting up the second for AZ in the Europa League Quarters. :bow: I expect Valencia to win at home and go through, buy maybe Holminho has more to offer. Showing his quality again in a world class tournament.

Currently our best socceroo. Cahill, kewell, Emmo all getting older. Schwarzer and Wilkshire still class but Holman takes it for me.

No highlights on YouTube... ;( can anyone find any elsewhere? I'm at uni now...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread Empty Re: 'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread

Post by Forza Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:25 am

so underrated. pity he's going to aston villa, that's a step down from AZ imo.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread Empty Re: 'Holminho'- Brett Holman Appreciation Thread

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:so underrated. pity he's going to aston villa, that's a step down from AZ imo.

No doubt a step down in quality but its obvious why he did it. He gets a chance to play in a league he would have dreamed of playing in and he'll get the chance to play against the likes of United, Arsenal, City etc... If he plays well at Villa, and I'd expect him to, he could get a move to somewhere better, but Villa have a decent squad and could be made into a top 8 team pretty easily.

NB: He'll join Chris Herd, 22 year old Australian CM.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:so underrated. pity he's going to aston villa, that's a step down from AZ imo.

No doubt a step down in quality but its obvious why he did it. He gets a chance to play in a league he would have dreamed of playing in and he'll get the chance to play against the likes of United, Arsenal, City etc... If he plays well at Villa, and I'd expect him to, he could get a move to somewhere better, but Villa have a decent squad and could be made into a top 8 team pretty easily.

I have heard of Herd (lol). Apparently he has the potential to be a great player, although I've never seen him in action.

EPL has money and good competition, but Holman would've done better to go to a team with a CL place next year. Aston Villa could become a better team, but they won't - look at the moneybags they're competing against. Holman is 28, so he's going to have to be fantastic next season to get a better club's attention.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

I have heard of Herd (lol). Apparently he has the potential to be a great player, although I've never seen him in action.

EPL has money and good competition, but Holman would've done better to go to a team with a CL place next year. Aston Villa could become a better team, but they won't - look at the moneybags they're competing against. Holman is 28, so he's going to have to be fantastic next season to get a better club's attention.

Which CL club would take him? He's a great player, but he's not going to get regular time at an English, Spanish, German or Italian CL club. He needs to play, not bench-warm. Going to a random league just to play in CL for one year isn't that great an idea. In that case he may as well have stayed with AZ.

Teams above Villa are: Sunderland, Everton, Swansea, Norwich, Stoke, Fulham, WBA. They could be above all or at least half of those logically.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:50 am

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xps1nt_az-alkmaar-2-1-valencia-full-highlights-hd-omgsport-ru_sport"></iframe><br /><a href="https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xps1nt_az-alkmaar-2-1-valencia-full-highlights-hd-omgsport-ru_sport" target="_blank">AZ Alkmaar 2-1 Valencia - Full Highlights HD /...</a> <i>by <a href="https://www.dailymotion.com/OMGSPORT" target="_blank">OMGSPORT</a></i>

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

Which CL club would take him? He's a great player, but he's not going to get regular time at an English, Spanish, German or Italian CL club. He needs to play, not bench-warm. Going to a random league just to play in CL for one year isn't that great an idea. In that case he may as well have stayed with AZ.

Teams above Villa are: Sunderland, Everton, Swansea, Norwich, Stoke, Fulham, WBA. They could be above all or at least half of those logically.

Could have a shot at these teams...
Ajax, PSV, 'gladbach, Lyon, Montpellier, Lille, CSKA, Zenit.

AZ are going to make CL next year, should've stayed with them really.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 am

Holman just won the 2012 PFA player of the year Very Happy

1-Holman, 270 votes
2- Brosque, 176 votes
3- Federici, 154 votes

Young player of the Year Award-
1. Matt Ryan, 291 votes
2. Mitch Nichols, 217 votes
3. Rhys Williams, 192 votes
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 am

Scored in a friendly for Villa cheers
Can't wait to see him in the EPL

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am

Won Australian Player of the Year a couple of weeks ago and off the mark for Villa last night with a cracker.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum